The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

An Idea to Help Magplar DPS

Solariken
Solariken
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Magplar DPS feels pretty low on the totem pole currently. While % scaling on Templar abilities is the root cause of the disparity, I don't think ZOS plans to make any adjustments there. But here is an idea to help a little by giving Purifying Light a little of the Ritual of Retribution flavor (in bold):

Summon an expanding beam of pure sunlight to doom an enemy, copying all damage taken for 6 seconds and releasing X% of it as additional magic damage to them.

When the effect ends, a pool of sunlight remains attached to the enemy, healing nearby allies for Y health and damaging nearby enemies for Z every 2 seconds for 6 seconds.

Purifying Light is already a great ability in PvP and PvE but I don't think this change would put it over the top. Perhaps the damage value could be roughly half of the heal value.

Any thoughts? Yay or nay?

Edited by Solariken on October 29, 2017 5:19AM
  • NiclasFridholm
    NiclasFridholm
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is bugged atm and only one POTL or purifying light works at the same time so make sure you are the only templar in raid if you use it. But for sure a interesting and good idea if it gets fixed!
    Edited by NiclasFridholm on October 29, 2017 8:29AM
    Tobias Funke - Magplar since forever

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would have to make sure it isn't removed by other Templars, or even by yourself recasting right after the explosion.

But yah, I'll take it. I'll take anything TBH. CWC was such a disappointment for my Templar that for the first time ever I have actually ran an alt through the new storyline first instead of my main.

My alt Stamsorc has all the damage (and more) and survivability of my main Templar, but can zip around the maps at lightning speed (no pun intended) and just feels so much less constricted. In short, it's simply more fun.

In all honesty, I am looking at my long forgotten mNB next.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Purifying light works pretty well even now. A good thing they could change is to increase the duration and the amount of copied damage.

My setup is:
    5 Julianos 5/4 Infallible Mage/Maelsrom (both staves lightning) 1 Iceheart.

Front: Radiant Glory* | Puryfiying Light | Blazing Spear | Harness Magicka | Inner Light || Elemental Rage
    Back: Elemental Blockade | Ritual of Retribution | Vampire's Bane | Degeneration | Channeled Focus || Empowering Sweep

*the bonus from full magicka on Radiant Oppression is very small and is not worth it; sometimes you need to cancel it to block or heal.

Rotation is basically to reapply DoTs, fit purifiyng in between and do a heavy attack from front bar to restore resources:

Puryfiing Light -> HA -> bar swap -> Degeneration -> LA -> Vampire's Bane -> LA -> Ritual of Retribution -> LA -> Elemental Blockade -> bar swap.

If they increased Purifying to 10s or so to take full advantage of the rotation it would help DPS. There are already lots of AoE skills.
    Edited by Asardes on October 29, 2017 4:28PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What are you guys talking about.... templars should not produce competitive dps since they are clearly the best healers in the game.

/s
    Edited by exeeter702 on October 29, 2017 5:29PM
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    What are you guys talking about.... templars should not produce competitive dps since they are clearly the best healers in the game.

/s

Funny cos I know a guy with two sorcs that are defying role stereo types by one being a great tank and the other a better healer than a lot of Templar healers I've been matched with
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    exeeter702 wrote: »

/s

Funny cos I know a guy with two sorcs that are defying role stereo types by one being a great tank and the other a better healer than a lot of Templar healers I've been matched with

Nothing funny about it, hence the sarcasm.....

The point is on these forums, you often see people clamoring with pages and pages of ideas and thoughts on dps metrics for all 5 classes in end game pve. Yet the second someone brings the discussion to non templar healers or non dk tanks, everyone looses their fucjing minds.