Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stendarr's Embrace?

badmojo
badmojo
✭✭✭✭✭
Do any healers use this in PVP?

(2 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
(3 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
(4 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
(5 items) When you heal a friendly target, you have a 50% chance to remove 5 negative effects from them. This can happen no more than once every 30 seconds.

I finally hit veteran on my Warden healer and I already had a few pieces of this set so I decided to give it a shot. My theory was there is nothing worse than negative effects in Cyrodiil, they can debuff you, slow you down, or wear down your health pretty quickly, and this set procs on seemingly any heals and the chance is so high it should be proc'ing constantly in the zerg situations I enjoy. Also, it frees up a skill slot because it should replace a skill like Purge.

I am running this set with Lich and haven't gotten a monster set figured out yet, so Lich is always 5/5 while Stendarr is only 5/5 on healing bar. It seems to work good, but in the crazyness of Vivec it's hard to really tell if I'm removing negative effects effectively or just helping out while others fill in the gaps. 30 seconds is a long cooldown, so during times where people are ramming a door constantly getting oils dumped on them, I'm sure the cooldown is really hampering my effectiveness, but it could be a game changer other times when you consider that you can remove negative effects at range.

I'm curious what other PVP healers think of this set.

Edit: Noticed in game the description clarifies that it's 30second per target. For a minute there I thought I really screwed up, 30seconds not per target would be really horrible. Wiki must be an old description.
Edited by badmojo on October 28, 2017 1:56AM
[DC/NA]
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the 5th piece replacing purge with a 30 sec cool down.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the 5th piece replacing purge with a 30 sec cool down.

Same
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purge is group only. Mutagen removes 1 harmful effect if you go below 20%. Blue Betty is also a free self purge.

I haven't used purge since I came back to the game and noticed it was changed to group only. I rarely group up in Cyrodiil but my healing builds try to be very team supportive, slotting a self cleanse just seemed counter productive. On my templar I use the big circle for the purify synergy. As a warden how am I supposed to be removing negative effects on random team mates that I find myself next to? Is there a class skill for that?
    [DC/NA]
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »
    Purge is group only. Mutagen removes 1 harmful effect if you go below 20%. Blue Betty is also a free self purge.

I haven't used purge since I came back to the game and noticed it was changed to group only. I rarely group up in Cyrodiil but my healing builds try to be very team supportive, slotting a self cleanse just seemed counter productive. On my templar I use the big circle for the purify synergy. As a warden how am I supposed to be removing negative effects on random team mates that I find myself next to? Is there a class skill for that?

It it's that important you can slot the purge in the pvp skill line
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 second cool down is just way too long to make that set viable in my opinion. It's probably less important if you're not running in groups but for a group I would say it would have to be less than a 5 second cool down to be viable.
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's another one that removed them on self only whenever you use a magicka ability. It makes a nice back bar set, and that way you can control when it procs a bit better. Wyrds tree blessing