The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Launcher Crash since patch

Trailed
Trailed
✭✭✭
To say the game has been running even at all since launch of the newest DLC would be an overstatement. I've had to uninstall twice, do repairs, and now am on my 3rd uninstall and reinstall this week to try to play. Yet now during the installation process, the launcher just freezes and crashes my comp. Any advice, preferably from someone at ZOS
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Trailed

Even though reinstalling and repairs haven't worked, there are still a few more crash troubleshooting steps you can from both this help article along with this one. If your computer is still crashing after going through everything, you'll want to contact support with a game consultant from your PC.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Trailed
    Trailed
    ✭✭✭
    Reading is hard for some apparently. I'm not even getting past installation, these articles aren't going to help when the game won't install cause your launcher is trash. I started the installation yesterday at about noon. Its now 24 hours later and the launcher is stuck at 27% and if I close out and reopen it, its going to start me over at 0%. Time to unsub from this trash
  • Trailed
    Trailed
    ✭✭✭
    It would have been nice to at least get to see the new content too. However after this much trouble and effort over the last 3 days, I could care less about Clockwork City or any future DLC if its going to do this
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The troubleshooting linked in the last reply can still be of help for launcher crashes or the launcher install getting stuck.

Have you already checked your anti-virus exceptions and made sure the launcher is set to run as an administrator?

Deleting the program data folder for the launcher might also help with the install stopping at 27%. You can find steps for doing each of these in the thread here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Trailed
    Trailed
    ✭✭✭
    I had done literally every one of those steps before you made the suggestion. Launcher crashed yesterday and I had to restart the install, another 8 hours at work today and I got a whopping 1%, from 2% to 3%. Its fairly ridiculous honestly. I've even gone as far as to reinstall windows on this computer, and I am 100% positive that the hardware specs easily meet the recommendations.