The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

I bought The Elder Scrolls Online - Morrowind PC + DLC, can I start playing base game?

Katleh
Katleh
Soul Shriven
That's basically it, I thought I could play Tamriel with my friends, but I can only play Morrowind. My friend has unused Eso key, can I remove my current game and use that and then play basegame?
  • jooelj
    jooelj
    Soul Shriven
    I dont even think you can own Morrowind without being able to play the basegame. What makes you think that you're locked to Morrowind?
    Edited by jooelj on October 27, 2017 9:20PM
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind replaces the base game however it will start you in Morrowind. Go to a harbor and you should be able to travel all around tamriel until you discover wayshrines then you can fast travel to them. You have access to everything you just have to discover it before you can travel there. The easiest way would be to ask in chat if someone could help you get to other zones, or maybe ask a friend to help you.

If you pull up your map you should have access to one wayshrine in your factions starter zone, and one for each DLC you own. They should appear as white shrines. If you see a black shrine that means that it is undiscovered. Once a shrine has turned white you can fast travel to it for a fee, or its free if travelling from another wayshrine.

Edit: As a side note I bought the basegame and then bought morrowind. When I got morrowind I gave the base game to my nephew. A few weeks later my xbox broke and wouldn't eject my disc. Xbox ended up losing my disc and had to replace it with a digital copy. With the digital copy, the base game is included because morrowind effectively replaces the base game with the expansion.

Edit 2: removed a misunderstanding about previous post.
    Edited by RABIDxWOLVERINE on October 27, 2017 9:34PM
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • jooelj
    jooelj
    Soul Shriven
    That's not how it works at all in reference to the last comment ^^^. Morrowind replaces the base game however it will start you in Morrowind. Go to a harbor and you should be able to travel all around tamriel until you discover wayshrines then you can fast travel to them. You have access to everything you just have to discover it before you can travel there. The easiest way would be to ask in chat if someone could help you get to other zones, or maybe ask a friend to help you.

Edit: As a side note I bought the basegame and then bought morrowind. When I got morrowind I gave the base game to my nephew. A few weeks later my xbox broke and wouldn't eject my disc. Xbox ended up losing my disc and had to replace it with a digital copy. With the digital copy, the base game is included because morrowind effectively replaces the base game with the expansion.

What I meant was just that if you own Morrowind you also have the basegame. But yes, you are correct.
    Edited by jooelj on October 27, 2017 9:41PM
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    jooelj wrote: »

What I meant was just that if you own Morrowind you also own the basegame. But yes, you are correct.

Ahh... that makes more sense lol the structure of the sentence made me think you were saying that you had to own the base game in order to play Morrowind. That's my bad. Thanks for clarifying @jooelj
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • Katleh
    Katleh
    Soul Shriven
    Morrowind replaces the base game however it will start you in Morrowind. Go to a harbor and you should be able to travel all around tamriel until you discover wayshrines then you can fast travel to them. You have access to everything you just have to discover it before you can travel there. The easiest way would be to ask in chat if someone could help you get to other zones, or maybe ask a friend to help you.

If you pull up your map you should have access to one wayshrine in your factions starter zone, and one for each DLC you own. They should appear as white shrines. If you see a black shrine that means that it is undiscovered. Once a shrine has turned white you can fast travel to it for a fee, or its free if travelling from another wayshrine.

Edit 2: removed a misunderstanding about previous post.

I read somewhere that you can't start basegame quest and enter all places if you started at Morrowind? I play as Bosmer.
    Edited by Katleh on October 27, 2017 9:55PM
  • Caleb_Kadesh
    Caleb_Kadesh
    ✭✭✭

I read somewhere that you can't start basegame quest and enter all places if you started at Morrowind? I play as Bosmer.

You can start the base game quest you just need to go to one of the starting cities I believe and you will be offered the quest. I wayshrined there and was offered the quest as soon as I arrived.
  • Caleb_Kadesh
    Caleb_Kadesh
    ✭✭✭
    The easiest way to play with friends is to form a group with them and then right click travel to player.