The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help me understand this Alcast Build

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Windwalker-Stats-CWC-1.jpg

Im comparing my Stamsorc with this one ("windwalker") by Alcast and i have many a question...

How do you get five star equipment bonus? Is it by wearing all Gold gear cause i only ever have 4 stars.

Even using the Warrior in that build how on Earth can this guy reach 5k weapon damage self buffed? I cant comprehend where its all coming from.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Possible ways to get massive weapon damage (also training dummy in background)

Alchemist
    Kena
    Weapon DMG glyph
    Self buffs
    Medium armor buff
    Warrior mundus as you can see
    Weapon damage Glyphs on jewelry
    Set like Hundings (raw DMG boost)
    Gold weapons
    DW buff or 2H buff
    Divines buffing warrior
    Set like powerful Assault (though I doubt it very much)

I think you can have 1 purp item and still get a 5 star armor rating
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget the "assistance" from others with buffing and debuffing even though they do no damage.....
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my Stam Sorc I can hit 4.8k Weapon Damage self-buffed with similar stats, although I have way more recovery (around 1700), and about 10% less crit. So it all balances out.

This is using:
    -Warrior mundus
    -procced Briarheart set,
    -Spriggans,
    -Dual Wield,
    -Procced Weapon Damage enchant on an infused weapon
    -2 Fighters Guild abilities slotted, including Flawless Dawnbreaker
    -all 3 Damage enchants on jewelry
    -WD potion buffs of course
    -all medium

That's all I can think of... It's definitely possible to go higher though, just by switching sets. But you will lose other things, such as recovery in the pic above. But if you weave heavies in religiously that's not too much of a problem.

edit: Oh yah and my gear is all purple, except weapons (gold of course). I think one of my jewelry is even blue!

edit 2: the poster above is wrong in their insinuation. This is all self-buffed.
    Edited by danno8 on October 26, 2017 10:07PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

How do you get five star equipment bonus? Is it by wearing all Gold gear cause i only ever have 4 stars.

I hit 5 stars on my characters that are in all purple. Is your Jewelry part of a set?

Also, you don't know what Buffs this guy has going, but there are some as the character is glowing and kind of see through, that is not an unbuffed situation.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭
    These numbers are't exact - just approximates. These numbers are just off the top of my head and some are probably wrong.
    Also I didn't watch the video because i'm at work ... (on break of course lol)

For Weapon Damage 38 k stam with gold weapons is a start point for approx 2k wpn dmg then on top of that:

5 piece bonus 1: 300-450 wpn dmg approx
    5 piece bonus 2: 300-650 wpn dmg approx
    (assuming dual weild for melee rather than 2H)
    Kena: 130 wpn dmg + 500 when procced
    Gold Jewelry damage glyphs: 175 * 3 = 525
    Weapon damage glyph on one weapon= 450 approx

Other things that helped get it that high:
    crit surge = +20% from major brutality
    Bound armamants = +5% max stam
    Potion: +5% wpn dmg minor savagery
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    On my Stam Sorc I can hit 4.8k Weapon Damage self-buffed with similar stats, although I have way more recovery (around 1700), and about 10% less crit. So it all balances out.

This is using:
    -Warrior mundus
    -procced Briarheart set,
    -Spriggans,
    -Dual Wield,
    -Procced Weapon Damage enchant on an infused weapon
    -2 Fighters Guild abilities slotted, including Flawless Dawnbreaker
    -all 3 Damage enchants on jewelry
    -WD potion buffs of course
    -all medium

That's all I can think of... It's definitely possible to go higher though, just by switching sets. But you will lose other things, such as recovery in the pic above. But if you weave heavies in religiously that's not too much of a problem.

edit: Oh yah and my gear is all purple, except weapons (gold of course). I think one of my jewelry is even blue!

edit 2: the poster above is wrong in their insinuation. This is all self-buffed.

This is more or less what I do with my stam NB. He averages 3100 weapon damage unbuffed IIRC. MY issue is getting the skill rotation and weaving down to get that DPS up. OP, if you're not already aware it'll help you to know that equipping all the right gear with glyphs, etc. won't suddenly make your dps go way up. A lot of that is also going to be learning the right rotation along with animation cancelling and such. It's a bit of a learning curve.

Edited for typo.
    Edited by Thunderknuckles on October 26, 2017 10:29PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

I hit 5 stars on my characters that are in all purple. Is your Jewelry part of a set?

Also, you don't know what Buffs this guy has going, but there are some as the character is glowing and kind of see through, that is not an unbuffed situation.

Yeah, my gear consists of 5pc/5pc/2pc with the weapons and chest gold, the rest purple and my sheet just says 4 star bonus.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On his site, underneath that screenshot, it's mentioned that he has a weapon power potion buff, and wearing 1 Kena and 1 Veli moster set piece. Also, in his dual weird bar he has flawless dawnbreaker slotted. As for the stars, yes, it depends on the quality of your gear (and also, if it is level appropriate), I believe.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, after playing for a few minutes I noticed it gets up to 5097, not 4.8k like I said earlier. FWIW.
  • Valderis
    Valderis
    ✭✭
    Major brutality
    Minor brutality
    wep dmg glyph (jewellery)
    wep dmg glyph (1h)
    Velidreth 1 set bonus
    fighters guild slotted give you 3%dmg each
    sorcerer slotted abilities give 2% dmg. each
    Redundant 12% Wep dmg from 5 Med Armor Passive.
    Warrior mundus with 7 Divines Gold gears.
    Jone and Jode are in a dance. Who leads, you ask? There, lies the wisdom of my ancestors... - Ra'fiiq
  • Ulo
    Ulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never mind the build, that in game name just fried my brain =\
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Windwalker-Stats-CWC-1.jpg

Im comparing my Stamsorc with this one ("windwalker") by Alcast and i have many a question...

Even using the Warrior in that build how on Earth can this guy reach 5k weapon damage self buffed? I cant comprehend where its all coming from.

the star bonus is given by some "right set", but not sure which ones you need to wear to get them. but I doubt it has anything to do with the improvement level (gold).

and 5k weapon damage, might be also weapon power potion in it. And for sure also good skill rotation, keeping DOTs up all the time, buff skills, etc...

but I recommend always checking his website with the builds, he is expaining there everything + updating also for new DLCs
    https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-sorcerer-build-pve/
    Edited by altemriel on October 27, 2017 9:23AM
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all armor and weapon cp160 and gold, then it'll be 5 stars, even if your jewelry are blue.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    raj72616a wrote: »
    all armor and weapon cp160 and gold, then it'll be 5 stars, even if your jewelry are blue.

aha, good to know
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valderis wrote: »
    Major brutality
    Minor brutality
    wep dmg glyph (jewellery)
    wep dmg glyph (1h)
    Velidreth 1 set bonus
    fighters guild slotted give you 3%dmg each
    sorcerer slotted abilities give 2% dmg. each
    Redundant 12% Wep dmg from 5 Med Armor Passive.
    Warrior mundus with 7 Divines Gold gears.

What does "redundant" mean in this sentence?
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enchantment quality also influences gear bonus.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably he is wearing Hundings. Add all the usual passives that give weapon damage (7 pieces medium, warriors guild, sorc, etc.), flawless dawnbreaker, weaponpower potion, nirnhoned frontbar and you have probably 5k.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hundings, at least one nirnhoned wpn, both gold weapons on dw, gold wpn damage enchants on jewelry. Multiple fighters guild abilities including flawless dawnbreaker?
    Edited by Vapirko on October 27, 2017 1:12PM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about you read the build since he literally explains everything in there ^^

Its all self buffed as well.

He also says in regard to this particular screenshot that instead of using a 2 piece Velidreth, he used 1 Veli 1 Kena, just for the sake of getting insane stats.

But basically:

5 Hunding's, 5 VO
    Nirnhoned main hand weapon
    Hurricane, Bound Armaments and Flawless Dawnbreaker slotted on the same bar
    Warrior mundus with 7 gold divines pieces
    All weapon damage enchants on the jewelry
    Major Brutality and Major Savagery active due to the potion

Basically your standard PvE DPS build, with a very slight variation.
    Edited by Izaki on October 27, 2017 1:19PM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CliDDTV.png

My crappy build to compare.

I tried maxing Weapon Damage myself within my capability and furthers I could get was 4,000 after Surge and Damage Enchant proc, but that way Sustain is ATROCIOUS. Had to ditch a damage glyph and switch to the Serpent to get a much more friendly Recovery. I made the leap to a StamSorc from my longtime MagSorc powerhouse so I could have an easier time doing the TG and DB questlines but damn I'm starting to miss the Hell out of my MagSorc.
    Izaki wrote: »
    5 Hunding's, 5 VO
    Nirnhoned main hand weapon
    Hurricane, Bound Armaments and Flawless Dawnbreaker slotted on the same bar
    Warrior mundus with 7 gold divines pieces
    All weapon damage enchants on the jewelry
    Major Brutality and Major Savagery active due to the potion

Basically your standard PvE DPS build, with a very slight variation.

"Standard" is overreaching since Vicious Serpent is Trial gear, and farming Vet for the Jewelry is right out for a lot of people. Not to mention Nirnhoned being that Month long trait to research? It's BiS, not Standard.

• ad4mss
    ad4mss
    ✭✭✭
    All this weaponn damage is like Alcast said below screenshot:

Weapon Power Potion and Hurricane were active when I took the screenshot. Also had 1 Kena and 1 Velidreth instead of a full monster set.

I can reach 5k weapon damage as stam nb too while playing with group, mostly I get my weapon damage from self buffs, set bonuses.

You can reach 5 star equipment wearing all gold items.
    Whisper me in any case @ad4mss
    Follow me on Twitter @JAdamczewski