The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Transmute crystal: true cost

Gorilla
Gorilla
✭✭✭
I tend to think of things in terms of time value since its my scarcest resource. Looking at the transmute system -- which I like -- I ran a calculation of the time cost in terms of gold if i were to focus on either (i) harvesting or (ii) getting crystals. Obviously there are side benefits to both, and variables can range, but here are mine...roughly...

This is for a well coordinate potion component farm (single component)...I imagine ore could be more valuable.

Harvesting
Drops per harvest 1.5
Nodes per
Minute 6.0
Hour 360.0
Drops per stack 200.0
Stacks per hour 2.7
Drop value 150.0
Stack value 81,000.0

Vet Dungeons
Time in minutes 30.0
Drop rate 5.0
Time required (hrs) 4.0

Transmute value 324,000.0

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that it matters, but there are a some vet dungeons that can be cleared in less than 15 minutes. A good example is vVoM.

It does require skipping as much as possible and decent DPS. If DPS can handle staying alive a healer is not needed and a tank is hardly needed either.
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Not that it matters, but there are a some vet dungeons that can be cleared in less than 15 minutes. A good example is vVoM.

It does require skipping as much as possible and decent DPS. If DPS can handle staying alive a healer is not needed and a tank is hardly needed either.

For sure...and this should be a wide data set with alot of sensitivities...I guess my general point is that to transmute isn't cheap, but it's not completely crazy.