The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New skin has misleading preview like Ebony skin

Fyrscha
Fyrscha
✭✭
I was tricked into buying the Ebony skin because of how amazing it looked on my characters. And yes, I only previewed it on vampire characters. I can't believe they actually sold us a product with "missing texture fuchsia" eye color ON PURPOSE... but I digress.

I recall seeing lots of uproar about the misleading preview, and yet here we are months later with the same problem. Maybe these two skins were designed at the same time and have the same preview issues, that's totally possible/likely, but after so many of us feeling cheated or tricked into buying the Ebony skin you'd think they'd at least change the preview issue.

I wonder what will happen next in our wonderful world of Elder Scrolls and the Era of No Refunds.
Edited by Fyrscha on September 24, 2017 3:16PM
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't be sure as I haven't bought a skin nor tried to 'return' it, but I think if you were to create a ticket and ask for a refund - on the grounds that the preview looks nothing like the purchased product - you would get it. This is, of course, no solution for everyone who wanted the skin they saw in the preview.. but at least you won't have lost any crowns on something you don't like as much as you thought you would. :)

Edit: Don't think you'll still be able to get a refund for the Ebony one at this stage, though. Would be a little late with that..
    Edited by Saturnana on September 24, 2017 3:47PM
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People get refunds for crown purchases quite often.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Fyrscha
    Fyrscha
    ✭✭
    Both times I filed official complaints about misleading descriptions or previews, I was told there were no refunds and I was denied a refund. However, I didn't make a complaint about the Ebony skin because I want to keep it. It's a cool-looking skin and I'm not sad I bought it, I'm just sad it didn't look as advertised for my vampire mains.
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was also told there were no Crown Store refunds when I contacted CS about issues.
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well known issue, so until its fixed, preview on normal character. What is so hard about that. Everyone complains vamps look bad and they want to hide their skin, then they complain when they buy a skin that does exactly that!
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well known issue, so until its fixed, preview on normal character. What is so hard about that. Everyone complains vamps look bad and they want to hide their skin, then they complain when they buy a skin that does exactly that!

Yeah, but most people hate vamp because it washes out their already-existing designs and makes them look bad or nonexistent. These hide the vampire skin, but the textures are arguably over-the-top, and many think they looked cooler as a faded version. I thought the effect with the fire one was neat, with the subtle light/crackling beneath the pale layer; I may even go as far as to say it was kinda pretty.

There's a difference between wanting to masquerade as "normal" and wanting to cover up the vampirism altogether. Just for the record.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Fyrscha
    Fyrscha
    ✭✭
  • RT_Frank
    RT_Frank
    ✭✭✭
    I'm curious know if the faded look was intentional for only vamp characters or if it just a glitch in the preview. Because I feel like I'm in the minority here when I say that I prefer the original look for my vamp rather than the faded one.

I just want to know if the original skin was supposed to be intentional because the last thing I want is a fix where the skin is supposed to be faded before I make my purchase.
  • Fyrscha
    Fyrscha
    ✭✭
    RT_Frank wrote: »
    I'm curious know if the faded look was intentional for only vamp characters or if it just a glitch in the preview. Because I feel like I'm in the minority here when I say that I prefer the original look for my vamp rather than the faded one.

I just want to know if the original skin was supposed to be intentional because the last thing I want is a fix where the skin is supposed to be faded before I make my purchase.

Don't worry about it, I've been making complaints about crown store stuff and mechanical *** in this game for years, they never get changed or even addressed. You're in no danger of it being change, buy it and enjoy.