Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live: October 27 @ 3:00pm EDT"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO Live: October 27 @ 3:00pm EDT. Be sure to tune in as we'll be joined by our Audio Director Brad Derrick and Senior Sound Designer Josh Smith to discuss how the music and sound effects from Clockwork City were created. Afterwards, we'll be showcasing some of this year's Halloween costumes from the ESO team!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please dedicate a section to Xbox one x info.
    At least a QnA on what the update contains and if Dolby Atmos is being added since the audio staff will be on the show.

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least a QnA on what the update contains and if Dolby Atmos is being added since the audio staff will be on the show.

I would like to see an article comparing the X-box one experience with the X-box One X experience. A little compare and contrast may help get people hyped.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I am dying to know when new bard music will be introduced to Tamriel--the base game needs new vocals as well as the newer content zones!

I would love to also have a bard in my Telvanni Tower, Nothing requested but the red mountain drinking song... :wink:
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Danny231
    Danny231
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO Live: October 27 @ 3:00pm EDT. Be sure to tune in as we'll be joined by our Audio Director Brad Derrick and Senior Sound Designer Josh Smith to discuss how the music and sound effects from Clockwork City were created. Afterwards, we'll be showcasing some of this year's Halloween costumes from the ESO team!

I cannot wait :)
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It.... sounds pretty exciting! :-D
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore and audio team back to back? Be still my heart.
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe someone can ask them how they feel about all their sounds they worked on disappearing in Cyrodiil due to continued server performance issues? Maybe the lore department can come up with a reason for time appearing to slow down/speed up so often in Cyrodiil?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Costumes! :smiley:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Vanthras79 wrote: »

I would like to see an article comparing the X-box one experience with the X-box One X experience. A little compare and contrast may help get people hyped.
    We're planning to do exactly that. Article is still being worked on, but it'll be published as soon as it's finished.

Recremen wrote: »
    tenor.gif
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That drum image is hilarious. Budumb, bumb...Ching !
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We're planning to do exactly that. Article is still being worked on, but it'll be published as soon as it's finished.

Recremen wrote: »
    tenor.gif

Awesome! I will have to tune in to see you, Jess, and "the guys" tomorrow. :wink:
    Edited by Vanthras79 on October 26, 2017 11:09PM

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, after this live they may not do any more till next year. I wonder if they will have some news articles or a hint towards the Q1 content they have planned? I recall they gave us an idea of Q1 last year after One Tamriel launched.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert ?

/lurk..
    Edited by Vanthras79 on October 27, 2017 12:37AM

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, after this live they may not do any more till next year. I wonder if they will have some news articles or a hint towards the Q1 content they have planned? I recall they gave us an idea of Q1 last year after One Tamriel launched.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert ?

/lurk..

There should be at least one more considering post dlc release even if it’s another hours of looking at a fireplace :-)
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to it! :)
    Edited by EttinTheBreton on October 27, 2017 5:24PM
    I stream ESO sometimes! Check my channel for this week's schedule: twitch.tv/EttinTheBreton
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like you dudes to talk about some PVP balance.

If you could touch on all classes. that would be grate. at least one sentence per class.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hats off to whomever worked on the CWC "water" sounds. The splashing when I run or swim through the oily puddles is a neutral noise, but the differences from the base game water sounds makes it gross - it's Definitely Not Water that I'm running through. (As if the oily sheen wasn't clue enough. ;) ) But the sound itself is nice and fades into the background, so it's not driving me up the wall with every step. I'll be running along, notice the sound and go "eurgh," and then continue running through the oil with my attention back on my goal.

I don't know how many iterations it took to get that balance, but it's amazing.
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One interesting thing from ESO Live for those who report bugs and problems with the game. We got to see a Senior Live Producer, who is apparently a person who read the bug reports and goes to the development team and begs for fixes on behalf of the players. I don't know if this was really a rare spawn or not, but we don't often see people from the Live part of the studio. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    This was a great episode of ESO Live :) It was nice to hear from the audio guys, and Tatiana and Ellen (I believe her name was Ellen?) were great too. I also enjoyed the video of seeing everyone's Halloween Witches Festival costumes.

From what I can tell, ZOS has a positive and close-knit corporate culture. That makes me happy! I wouldn't want anyone else in charge of my favorite MMO.
    I stream ESO sometimes! Check my channel for this week's schedule: twitch.tv/EttinTheBreton