The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vegetable Patch?

Greifenherz
Greifenherz
✭✭✭
Hey guys! I just purchased the beautiful tiny little Humblemud mud house in Dhalmora for my yet-to-be-made Argonian! I thought the backyard was just the right size to make it a little patch to grow crops or vegetables. For that purpose I've been looking around for an item that would serve as soil to place the plants on, but I can't find anything? Is there no furniture item for this? I know that vegetable patches and small acres exist in the game's environment. Alternatively the buried treasure chest dirt heap would work for me, but I can't find that either.
If these items exist for furnishing, do you know their names so I may look for them properly? Thank you for the help!

Best Answers

• Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I do not believe there are any crop furnishings. You can get hoardes of the burnt shrubs in the plunder skulls for free right now, but there aren't crops per-se
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden
    Answer ✓
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well.. you can use some of the display vegetables as crops - lettuce, carrots, pumpkins, beets work wonderfully, however - there is not soul furnishing, unfortunately. what I saw people do is find a patch that was relatively clear and just build a small fence around it to approximate a garden space
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    Answer ✓
  • Greifenherz
    Greifenherz
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, as I feared. Well, thank you for the quick and super helpful responses!
    Edited by Greifenherz on October 24, 2017 6:00PM
    Answer ✓
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    There is a sickly pumpkin..or is it winter squash..that comes with attached vegetation..that can be string together to make a crop. You may find other vegetation that that can be the vines and nestle various fruits or veggies in them or rows of flowering trees.
  • tonyhextrab16_ESO
    tonyhextrab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    well.. you can use some of the display vegetables as crops - lettuce, carrots, pumpkins, beets work wonderfully, however - there is not soul furnishing, unfortunately. what I saw people do is find a patch that was relatively clear and just build a small fence around it to approximate a garden space

I did this....but to approximate earth, I used the reverse of bolted paintings. (`Approximate` is the important word here....it`s good, but it`s not great, and it`s, at least, brown)
    No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mystfit wrote: »
    There is a sickly pumpkin..or is it winter squash..that comes with attached vegetation..that can be string together to make a crop. You may find other vegetation that that can be the vines and nestle various fruits or veggies in them or rows of flowering trees.

Last I checked there are two different kinds of pumpkins that you can have set as for gardens, sickly is one but a less sick and more healthier version is out there. "Pumpkin Frail" is likely the healthy one you are looking for. https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/pumpkin-frail/
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Greifenherz
    Greifenherz
    ✭✭✭
    I did this....but to approximate earth, I used the reverse of bolted paintings. (`Approximate` is the important word here....it`s good, but it`s not great, and it`s, at least, brown)

I ended up going with the volcanic rocks from the Vivec home furnishing vendor, they're a bit dark, but once you clip them into the ground they work decently.
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    Armatesz wrote: »
    mystfit wrote: »

Last I checked there are two different kinds of pumpkins that you can have set as for gardens, sickly is one but a less sick and more healthier version is out there. "Pumpkin Frail" is likely the healthy one you are looking for. https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/pumpkin-frail/

Thank you! I am very new to decorating. And soooo ignorant!!

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought I could find some Argonian something thst would be dirty...but no.

The Argonian lattice could be used to do a square foot garden plot marker, though. But no dirt.
  • Almariel
    Almariel
    ✭✭✭
    The clockwork junk heap, which you can buy in the CWC main city makes quite good dirt, if you turn it upside down. The dirt is quite greyish, but its finally a possibility to get dirt where you want it :)
    @Sevryiel - daheim auf dem PC-EU Server
  • magicsprout
    magicsprout
    ✭✭✭
    For soil i use straw beds turned upside down. Its bang on
  • Greifenherz
    Greifenherz
    ✭✭✭
    Almariel wrote: »
    The clockwork junk heap, which you can buy in the CWC main city makes quite good dirt, if you turn it upside down. The dirt is quite greyish, but its finally a possibility to get dirt where you want it :)
    For soil i use straw beds turned upside down. Its bang on

I'll check these out, thanks for the tips!