The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you like a free for all pvp zone

Shadowasrial
Shadowasrial
✭✭✭✭✭
How would you like a pvp zone that is every man for themselves. I propose a zone in coldharbor which is by lore a mirror realm of nirn. So why not a mirror realm of cyrodil? A zone where the object is to become the warlord or some coldharbor equivalent. A second form of currency in the form of souls would be the be Alliance point you earn for killing players. Or even use telvar. To increase on the leaderboard one must return to a projection of Molag bal. and turn in the souls of the dead or “telvar. Who ever has the highest soul count at the end is of the camp is named warlord. Earns a unique coldharbor emp themed costume a dye and access to buy a new coldharbor throne. New ranks can be added to this realm. All players fend for themselves. No zergs, friendly fire is active. Replace the keeps with coldharbor citidels where Molag bals captains and generals reside and to kill them gives you a buff that allows you to retain a larger portion of souls if you die. The more bosses you kill the greater percentage of souls you retain upon death. Allowing players who are proven in battle to turn in more souls ( skill based advantage ) and advance on leaderboards. And yes I know some of you are screaming well what about healers. Well unfortunately I would say that regrettably for this zone a respec for a damage build is recommended. Comment your opinions below.
Edited by Shadowasrial on October 25, 2017 1:29PM

Would you like a free for all pvp zone 188 votes

Yes
55%
IcyDeadPeopleCavalryPKSolarikenGilvothQaraVynnlolo_01b16_ESOAsaredDeHeiYulsAzuryaWillhelmBlackBam_BamUlfgardeDredlordValen_ByteMilvanTilleroeshiSanTii.92Rohaus 104 votes
No
32%
vailjohn_ESOUriel_NocturneNewBlacksmurfDarcyMardinVriendakwisatzdanno8dennissomb16_ESOmakrethidkDelgenterebozGTech_1SpearDuskAshnarugbaratronTandorrootimusDemycilianRomo 62 votes
Don’t care
11%
BelegnoleMaster_FluffclocksstoppeStreegaphairdonSorisMetSnauKamatsuDefiltedSkinzzbarshemmNecrosIXBananaIlsabetStaniaSFDBMalicNyassaVromansheild69RPGplayer13579 22 votes
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'd like a server of the actual game that was dedicated to open world PvP.
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The system I recommend for revives to prevent spawn killing is upon death the zone respawns you in designated safe respawn zones that allow a player to crouch down and sneak away or upon leaving the safe zone gives you a 1 minute invisibility that breaks upon the use of any skill or potion. so for those gankers out there you can’t use that 1 minute to buff up and gank. You’ll have to crouch down and buff up normally.
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would love to be a neutral (mercenary alliance)

So I can kill everyone I want when I want, 2 alliances to fight is not enough I need all of them.

I can imagine it already

A whole PvP server with open world PvP will be insane, do it even more hardcore and put heroic mode (you die you drop everything and loose character)

Perma triple xp and loot of course to make it fair.
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Also rewards could be simple things similar to normal pvp. Single spawn forward camps. Except for siege I’d create traps. Snares, spikes, gas bombs, etc
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Also rewards could be simple things similar to normal pvp. Single spawn forward camps. Except for siege I’d create traps. Snares, spikes, gas bombs, etc

Sieging Grathwood to kill all dem bananas while they are doing shopping :relieved:

Imagine being able to fortify your regions controlled by your alliances, conquer others regions :relieved:

This won't happen under Zenimax :(
    Edited by Kay1 on October 25, 2017 3:02PM
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I dislike PvP... but I think some lawless place where everyone is fighting everyone would not be such a bad idea. After all, its everyone choice if they enter, right?
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    You already have a Zone-wide PvP free-for-all Zone.

It's called Cyrodiil.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Considering the failure of IC no. And I've seen this type of thing as part of an event and the PvP free for all itself wasn't a big draw. No reason to think it Wouldn't be a waste of a DLC in ESO.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Go to the search box at the top of the page; look for "open world pvp". It has been brought up before.

I would be more than happy to support an open world pvp anywhere all the time even your own faction/guildmates server.

*IF* there was an additional pve server version of Cyrodiil; use any excuse to call a truce in the war and put the faction fighting on hold. No AP from killing players, no benefits of any kind that come from pvp actions. No benefits of any kind that would upset the war setting, no spying, no nothing. It could even be a separate instance from the normal "war in Cyrodiil" world for the pvpers who automatically rant against the idea because "pve players have all the world and we only have Cyrodiil".

A separate instance of pvp everywhere and pve only everywhere would actually benefit both groups. The pvp players wouldn't run into the population caps caused by pve players going into Cyrodiil for skyshards and pve quests while doing NO pvp at all. The pve players would be able to do pve stuff while dealing with the npc enemies only. Of course this would also mean that the pvpers who want to gank pvers who aren't geared or built for pvp wouldn't have their easy targets anymore, which is what their rants usually end up boiling down to.

I am not competitive. I don't really care if your character can blink in my general direction and nuke my character. Congratulations. You killed me. Now let me get to the crafting station, please. I'm not going to fight; I'm not going to draw my weapon; I'm not going to pvp; I don't care, m'kay? I don't want to pvp in any way shape or form. Closest I've come is to let newbie guildmates kill me in duels while another guildie watches the fight and gives them advice and instructions on how they can improve. While I would like to do the pve content and get the skyshards in Cyrodiil, I'm not going there if I can possibly avoid it.
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

It's called Cyrodiil.

It’s not a free for all. You have alliances and zergs. I want a true free for all. No factions. No alliances. No grouping. Just you your gear and he rest of the people trying to kill you.
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No

It's called Cyrodiil.

It’s not a free for all. You have alliances and zergs. I want a true free for all. No factions. No alliances. No grouping. Just you your gear and he rest of the people trying to kill you.

The zergs are the result of basic human nature in a free-for-all Zone.

But Cyrodiil is definitely a free-for-all PvP Zone. It's -literally- the definition of one.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• DjMuscleboy02
    DjMuscleboy02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Something else to kill the already all PvP zone of Cyrodil? No thanks, it'll be just as dead after two weeks when the hype died down and everyone realized the same problems exist as in Cyrodil and nothing is different.
    Brodor - PC NA - ESO's only pure bodybuilding guild
    Hodor, but stronger
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's called Cyrodiil.

The zergs are the result of basic human nature in a free-for-all Zone.

But Cyrodiil is definitely a free-for-all PvP Zone. It's -literally- the definition of one.

lol, can only be attacked by 2/3 of the players in Cyrodiil, how is that free for all?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • BleuZephyr
    Yes
    Open world pvp will definitely give a new refreshing perspective to eso. I am all for it
  • Autumnhart
    Autumnhart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Any new PVP zone would be welcome.
    Shadow hide you.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I'd like to see a free-for-all option for pvp, however I think it would fit better in some battleground sized map. Then you could also have different game modes like last man standing, death match, king of the hill, ...
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Would be Empty like IC.

They should focus resources elsewhere.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I would like any development resources for PvP to go into improving existing PvP (Cyrodiil, IC etc)
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Another open world PvP thread how many times is this going to be asked for Zos doesn't care about it
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Wouldn´t go there much.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

It's called Cyrodiil.

This^
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    While i would like a zerg-free inhabited pvp zone, this sounds too role-playey for me. No thanks.
  • Argah
    Argah
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    People would just meet up and take advantage of solo players.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I like it. Well thought out. No faith in zos to do something like this well. Lol
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    How would you like a pvp zone that is every man for themselves. I propose a zone in coldharbor which is by lore a mirror realm of nirn. So why not a mirror realm of cyrodil? A zone where the object is to become the warlord or some coldharbor equivalent. A second form of currency in the form of souls would be the be Alliance point you earn for killing players. Or even use telvar. To increase on the leaderboard one must return to a projection of Molag bal. and turn in the souls of the dead or “telvar. Who ever has the highest soul count at the end is of the camp is named warlord. Earns a unique coldharbor emp themed costume a dye and access to buy a new coldharbor throne. New ranks can be added to this realm. All players fend for themselves. No zergs, friendly fire is active. Replace the keeps with coldharbor citidels where Molag bals captains and generals reside and to kill them gives you a buff that allows you to retain a larger portion of souls if you die. The more bosses you kill the greater percentage of souls you retain upon death. Allowing players who are proven in battle to turn in more souls ( skill based advantage ) and advance on leaderboards. And yes I know some of you are screaming well what about healers. Well unfortunately I would say that regrettably for this zone a respec for a damage build is recommended. Comment your opinions below.

Hell ya. Why hasnt this been brought up before??
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like if the limit group to no more that 4 to 6 with zero allainces just when you join you have a group of 4 to 6 players but you don't have to be in a group and those are the only players you cant kill
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's called a Fr'all Zone.

Come down to da Fr'all Zone, y'all.
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • Riejael
    Riejael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends. With the current megaserver setup, it wouldn't work.

What I wouldn't mind seeing is a server that is not instanced, where PVP is enabled regardless of faction. Everyone simply has to deal with everyone the way PVP was in the 90s in MMORPGs. Sure there'll be trolls and stuff, but thats why the decent people have to cooperate to keep them in their place.

But I won't vote for this in the poll simply because PVPers have turned into Carebears since 2010. They want their PVP 'fair' and regulated and only when they want to PVP. They don't wish to have to deal with issues themselves. They don't wish to have to get along with one another or face dire consequences.

Had this style of PVP in Archeage. Other than the fact it was a P2W ridden mess, the server literally quit when they could no longer deal with the consequences of their decisions. Basically conquered it and moved on.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No

It's called Cyrodiil.

• AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I think it would be cool if they had an arena like Anarchy Online had, just a place where once you pass a threshold for X seconds you are flagged and can be attacked or attack anyone else that is flagged. there's more to it than that but this is the basics.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American