The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

allow us to rent a room at a tavern

kratier
kratier
✭✭✭✭
previous elder scrolls games all allowed for this, adds to immersion plus instead of forcing to buy a house to a place we are just arrived at,
also wouldnt hurt to have functioning beds, press E to use, and the guy rests in the bed
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    You can get a free inn room just by doing a quest (depends on your alliance which one you get, but the others can be purchase for 3,000 gold). Otherwise, there are a couple other apartments available for 11,000-13,000 gold. There are 6 total inn rooms available, depending on what location you prefer. The more expensive ones will allow for more furnishings, but the free ones are good if you don't want to spend a lot of time/money on decorating, or to just try out the housing system. Here is a link with some more info: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Inn+Room
    Edited by riberion on October 24, 2017 3:31PM
    PC NA
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    It would be pretty sweet to be able to lay down on the beds. Maybe get like a 10 minute buff for whatever. You know, nothing ground breaking, but something cool. Maybe max health for 10 min or something
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    riberion wrote: »
    You can get a free inn room just by doing a quest (depends on your alliance which one you get, but the others can be purchase for 3,000 gold). Otherwise, there are a couple other apartments available for 11,000-13,000 gold. There are 6 total inn rooms available, depending on what location you prefer. The more expensive ones will allow for more furnishings, but the free ones are good if you don't want to spend a lot of time/money on decorating, or to just try out the housing system. Here is a link with some more info: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Inn+Room

6? I only know of 4. 1 per alliance, and 1 in vivec city. where are the other 2 rooms exactly?
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

6? I only know of 4. 1 per alliance, and 1 in vivec city. where are the other 2 rooms exactly?

I think he's counting the apartments and leaving out Saint Delyn's in VC.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

I'm not certain he is, as he mentions them separately, unless I'm misunderstanding this sentence in context?
    Otherwise, there are a couple other apartments available for 11,000-13,000 gold

apartments are not really classified as inn rooms as far as i know. could be just a matter of semantics?

dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Yes, I left out the Vivec City apartment (cause, expansion). And yes, it's semantics. The apartments are still one room, located inside an inn. Was just trying to give OP some of the options for an "inn room" type house.

*and it's she, lol
    Edited by riberion on October 25, 2017 12:42AM
    PC NA