Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Levelling a new character, some advice plz

TechnoSausage
TechnoSausage
✭✭
Hi

I've just invested in the morrowind DLC and thought I'd start my warden and utilise the double xp bonus from the current event

I only play solo and I'm wondering what's the quickest way to hit level 50 with my double xp?

Should I hit dungeons or is there a go to place where people level fast?

Thanks in advance :)

Best Answers

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are new and can not do much damage I recomend dolmens, you want some who is not to overpopulated, say 4-10 players not more, find two and move between them.
    here is all the locations.
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Dark+Anchors

Public dungeons are good if you can kill groups of enemies fast, you need decent area effect damage for this.
    I have leveled up two characters already so you have plenty of time.

You should get in an friendly guild and get some to make you some training armor, this will help a lot leveling, the set bonus also make you a lot stronger so you kill stuff faster.

Warning if you get bored silly of grinding just go back questing and exploring, this give skyshards who you also need :)

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting to L50 is only part of leveling, what you need to do is get to 130 to 150 Skill Points to have a character you can do something with.

Here is a better way to level, and takes less time over all given you have to have do all this stuff anyway.

Let me give you an example of what I did with my last two leveling characters.

1. I collected all the Skyshards in the zone. I avoided any and all quests other than those that show up in the delves that have skyshards. These quests do not give set items for rewards so no loss there.
    2. I would farm the dolmens a few times to get set jewelry that helped my character
    3. I would do the Public Dungeons including all the bosses
    4. Then I would move to the next zone.

In doing this, I could fully gear up my character with level appropriate stuff, and it was helpful gear. May not have been the best, but you don't need the best while leveling. Any gear I farmed from Dolmens or PD's is repeatable, so I can get it at CP160 by just repeating. Then, I had all the content quests left for me once I reached CP160 as those can give you sweet Set Drops in good traits you want. And, Quest Experience is huge for gaining CPs once your past CP160. Kind of a waste before that.

In about 8 zones, I would be fully leveled in Mages, Fighters, Class, 3 Armors and Weapon Skills. Leaving only Undaunted to level, although I would get to almost 3 in that from Dungeon Achievements.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • TechnoSausage
    TechnoSausage
    ✭✭
    Thanks a lot for the replies, very helpful!

Cheers guys :smile:
  • MamaDruid
    MamaDruid
    ✭✭✭
    @Nestor - sounds like a good system! When do you start the main quest? And are you leveling Mage skills by reading all lore books in each zone?
    Most people go through life dreading they'll have a traumatic experience. Freaks were born with their trauma. They've already passed their test in life. They're aristocrats.
    ― Diane Arbus
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MamaDruid wrote: »
    @Nestor - sounds like a good system! When do you start the main quest? And are you leveling Mage skills by reading all lore books in each zone?

@MamaDruid

I have done the MQ On 5 characters, some at the start of the game, some at CP160+. It kind of does not matter really, as the quest rewards are nice from a collectible standpoint, but for utility are kind of Meh. You do get 10 or so Skill Points for doing the MQ, so that is good.

As for the Mages Lore Books, the trick is to search them out first in one Alliance's zones, don't bounce around until you have done all 5. Reason, there is some overlap on say Zone 1 (Auridon-Glenumbra-Stone Falls) so that if you collect all the books in Auridon, you have already found half the books you would find in Glenumbra or Stone Falls. But, if you do Auridon, the Grahtwood, then Greenshade, then Malabal Tor, then Reapers March for instance, you get full zones to collect books from. Pick an alliance and focus on those 5 zones first. Then fill in the rest with other zones in other alliances.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MamaDruid
    MamaDruid
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you @Nestor! I'm definitely trying this focused approach... on at least one character. :smile:

I have played off and on since release and my highest level is CP80 (up from CP50ish prior to the holiday's XP boost). :blush:
    Most people go through life dreading they'll have a traumatic experience. Freaks were born with their trauma. They've already passed their test in life. They're aristocrats.
    ― Diane Arbus
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MamaDruid wrote: »
    Thank you @Nestor! I'm definitely trying this focused approach... on at least one character. :smile:

I have played off and on since release and my highest level is CP80 (up from CP50ish prior to the holiday's XP boost). :blush:
    Yes, its my main way of leveling: delves, skyshard, dolmen on first clear then on opportunity. lore books.
    Main quest give skill points and good xp.

Daily random group dungeons, this can be started earlier now as you don't have 50% chance of an dlc, daily dungeon bonus + quest + mob killed in dungeon will give you an level and an extra skillpoint, transmute crystals now and two levels with buff.

During this event I switched pace, a lot of public dungeons and some dolmens, an focus on xp over skill points.
    Combination of xp bonus and drops. Has taken two characters to 50, granted I had done skyskard in multiple zones on both so they was level 20 something.
    Next step is to gear them up in cp 160 gear.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.