Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Soul Magic Skill Line XP Gain Broken

Azalin4savioR
I noticed this seemed to have happened after the Morrowind update, I am no longer gaining XP for the Soul Magic tree, even using the spell you initially get for the tree does nothing to increase its XP. I'm not alone in this bug as a friend I play with has the exact same issue. I Started up a Warden to see if it was just tied to that one character and the same issue happens on my Warden as well.
  • Azalin4savioR
    I should note the spell that you initially get will level up, but the rest of it will not.
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It only levels up from you doing the main story quest.
  • Azalin4savioR
    I'm doing the main quest line on the original character, (not a Warden) and it isn't going anywhere.
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Morrowind quest line or the one with the Prophet? Because I'm only talking about the base game main quest line.
    Edited by dpencil1 on June 15, 2017 5:09AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2nd post in a week on this.

Slotting / using Soul Magic skills does not level soul magic

ONLY completing the original main quest line levels Soul Magic - so the quests the Prophet gives you from the Harborage - the journey to get your soul back! You also get a skill point each time it levels up.

You can level up the rank of the skill by using it yes to get it to a Morph but that's the individual skill, not the Skill line.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    2nd post in a week on this.

Slotting / using Soul Magic skills does not level soul magic

ONLY completing the original main quest line levels Soul Magic - so the quests the Prophet gives you from the Harborage - the journey to get your soul back! You also get a skill point each time it levels up.

You can level up the rank of the skill by using it yes to get it to a Morph but that's the individual skill, not the Skill line.

This exactly is accurate info
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Azalin4savioR
    Yes... and as I stated the skill line is not leveling for me.. I've gotten to the part where you rescue Sai on one of my characters my Soul skill level is still 1, no xp gained at all.
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes... and as I stated the skill line is not leveling for me.. I've gotten to the part where you rescue Sai on one of my characters my Soul skill level is still 1, no xp gained at all.

try doing more...
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • Scarlett_Princess
    Scarlett_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    This is an issue for me too. There are 10 quests in the Main Quest line, and 10 Soul Magic levels. This implies you gain one level per main quest. I've done seven of them on a new character today and my Soul Magic skill line is still sitting at an empty level 1. It should at the very least have some small amount of xp on the bar.

soul_magic.png

Edited by Scarlett_Princess on October 20, 2017 8:36AM
    FACT: Haters don't really hate you. In fact, they hate themselves, because you're a reflection of what they wish to be.

~ Scarlett Princess | Aldmeri Dominion | Orc | Stamina Sorcerer ~

Aussie Player | PC | NA Server
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As already mentioned earlier, Soul Magic is tied directly your progress in the main story. After completing each major chapter (every other main story quest), the skill will increase by one, culminating with Rank 6, attained at the end of God of Schemes, the last quest in Coldharbour.

Rank 6 is the highest rank, and that is what is required to unlock the Ultimate Ability in that tree, Soul Strike. This and all other abilities in that tree should be available by the time you have reached that rank. There is not currently any way of reaching Rank 10, nor are there any skills that would require it.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just leveled it up. It’s fine. You won’t reach level six until defeating Molag Baal and returning to the harborage.