The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Coldharbor Compact

Glockcoma725
Glockcoma725
✭✭✭
Forgive me but instead of rezzing an old pre-clockwork city post, I decided to post a different discussion altogether.

SO to all you Clockwork City'ers out there, i MUST know. Does Sotha Sil have a dialogue option referring to the Compact? Just reached the point in Stormhaven the other night that Azura references the Pact:

"Long ago my vulgar peer Molag Bal manifested himself in the town of Gil-Var-Delle and destroyed it utterly. In response, the Dark Elf magus, Sotha Sil, gathered eight of the most powerful princes to a summit in Coldharbour. The Tribune persuaded us, through a private bargain, to cease meddling in mortal affairs directly. An amusing request from someone who fancies himself a god. Now we exert our will through intermediaries, In truth, I prefer it that way.

When pressed for what was offered, Azura says only "Such matters are better left undiscussed. Perhaps you can Sotha Sil about it, if you can find him, of course.

I'm dying to know what it could be that Sotha Sil offered the princes. All my google searches dig up more questions than answers.

One redditor said; "Is it possible that Sotha Sil didn't make an offer at all, but a threat? This would take place roughly nine centuries before Dagoth Ur returned, so presumably the Tribunal is at the peak of their power. Given that we also know (in hindsight) that it is possible to seal the barriers between Mundus and Oblivion, Sotha Sil could have promised a full-scale effort on the part of the Tribunal to bring that about. Assuming this is not the sole purview of Akatosh, of course.
A détente, if you will. A touch of self-restraint for the Daedric Princes in exchange for the continued ability to invade at a future date. One that only Mehrunes Dagon and Molag Bal take advantage of eventually, though the other Princes seem to have made their presence felt at one point or another between the agreement and the end of the Third Era."

The only acual canon document on the subject leaves the answer I'm searching for incredibly vage;
Poor Gil-Var-Delle we still recall
The God of Schemes consumed it all

To Coldharbour went Clockwork God
To bargain on the Princes' sod

They came to mock at Tribune small
Came Schemer, Hunger, Hunter, all

Scryer, Pariah, Destroyer came
And Raver and Twilight just the same

From dread Daedra save us
From Daedra keep us safe
Forsake the ones that made us
To fight a wrongful fate

They sneered when Clockwork made his demand
Till Twilight raised a hand

"And what do you offer in return
"To keep us from chastising Nirn?"

Then Clockwork whispered long and low
And what he said, no mortal can know

From dread Daedra save us
From Daedra keep us safe
Forsake the ones that made us
To fight a wrongful fate

PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not as such. He references it very briefly in response to something else. Keep in mind – this is at the VERY END of the questline:
    "Long ago, I brokered a truce with the Princes of Oblivion. This pact bound eight Princes to an oath—that they would never again set foot on Tamriel."

So nothing we didn't already know. Maybe with luck, we'll get something more concrete further down the line, but in the mean time I think this will interest you.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    Woowwww yeah that was pretty sweet thanks man. So it may have been a secret? I'm more intrigued than ever. What secret could Sotha have offered that would please all the Princes? I'm somewhat disappointed that Sotha didn't have more to say on the subject during the CWC dlc. My only hope is that the possible Daedric expansion that may or may not be in the works will deal with the Compact, and finally answer our burning questions
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden