The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Any addons to see at a glance what items in inventory can be researched?

OutcastVP
OutcastVP
✭✭✭
The inventory system in this game is a mess, especially when you want to sort things (or the lack of sorting) when it comes to what items like armour in your inventory you have not researched or not. I have full slots in my research so I want to save armor that have stats I have not researched yet and sell the rest, but since it takes days and weeks to research things I need to carry these around a long time, and as far as I know there is no good way to quicly see what items I have already researched so I can just sell them. Is there an addon that makes you see this at a glanze?
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craftstore
  • OutcastVP
    OutcastVP
    ✭✭✭
    That addon looks really messy
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OutcastVP wrote: »

Craftstore is great and very customizable. Also, I believe the CWC release will include a researchable indicator in the base game update.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not. But it does so many things that the user is supposed to put in some effort (although minimal) to understand it.
    But you're free to look for another one of course.

(A "thank you" never hurts, you know..)
  • OutcastVP
    OutcastVP
    ✭✭✭

It's not. But it does so many things that the user is supposed to put in some effort (although minimal) to understand it.

Sorry I did not mean to sound rude. I am grateful for the help. I would like something more simple though if there is anything as this looks to complex and cluttered.. I just want an easy way to be able to see in store when selling if I have reasearched the trait on the items I am selling.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry I did not mean to sound rude. I am grateful for the help. I would like something more simple though if there is anything as this looks to complex and cluttered.. I just want an easy way to be able to see in store when selling if I have reasearched the trait on the items I am selling.

Apology accepted ;-) it happens sometimes.
    Maybe Harven's trait and style ( http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info436-HarvensTraitandStyle.html ) is more what you're looking for.

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use Trait Buddy. It's pretty straight forward and also shows you the name of the style.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    I use Trait Buddy. It's pretty straight forward and also shows you the name of the style.

yes, this addon is very good, it also shows which motif pages you know and which not yet.
  • OutcastVP
    OutcastVP
    ✭✭✭

Apology accepted ;-) it happens sometimes.
    Maybe Harven's trait and style ( http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info436-HarvensTraitandStyle.html ) is more what you're looking for.

Thank you! : ) This looks like what I am looking for and I will test it out!
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also Research Assistant.

Marks inventory items as "Needed for research", and even "needed for research but already have one in the bank/inventory".

Can also be used to mark ornate items for quick sell. The best part of all this is it shows the information with a small icon in your inventory screen, and the selling screen. No extra screen means you can quickly sell stuff you don't need and keep stuff you do need.

Also, AI Research Grid is one that will present to you a grid layout of all research items/ not yet research items, as well as all motif styles known/unknown including for each gear slot.
    Edited by danno8 on October 19, 2017 12:19PM
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The inventory system in this game is a mess, especially when you want to sort things (or the lack of sorting) when it comes to what items like armour in your inventory you have not researched or not. I have full slots in my research so I want to save armor that have stats I have not researched yet and sell the rest, but since it takes days and weeks to research things I need to carry these around a long time, and as far as I know there is no good way to quicly see what items I have already researched so I can just sell them. Is there an addon that makes you see this at a glanze?

@OutcastVP you could try esoui.com/downloads/info1798-RockingDicesAutoCategoryInventoryGridViewIntegrated.html
    This shows in inventory all those items you can research.