The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Of Knives and Long Shadows bug

SalixSepulcralis
SalixSepulcralis
✭✭✭
I've tried this quest three times now, the first time was a week ago, and after abandoning it, I tried again tonight, one of those times by sharing it with a friend and doing it together. I can do everything in the quest, and am able to get the Liminal Lens in the Howling Sepulchers, but when I go to get the Anuic Lantern in Khenarthi's Roost, it isn't there. When I do a "show on map" it still points to the Howling Sepulchers. The only reason I know where to look in Khenarthi's Roost is friends that have already done the quest. When I shared the quest with one of their alternates tonight, they couldn't see the quest marker in Khenarthi's Roost either.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 27, 2022 5:35PM
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you going to the shipwreck first and reading the note and then going to Hazak's Hollow?
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • SalixSepulcralis
    SalixSepulcralis
    ✭✭✭
    No. Which shipwreck? (and where is the note there?)
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's off the coast of Eagle's Strand in Khenarthi's Roost. There is a shipwreck with a soggy note. Here is a video. Go to 26:35 for Eagle's Strand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gDDzxczI3w
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • SalixSepulcralis
    SalixSepulcralis
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you!
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!

You're very welcome! Happy questing!
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • feklar42
    feklar42
    Soul Shriven
    FFS, They've known about this bug since 2017!?!? I have been running in circles from this f'n bug for hours. I've stopped and restarted, I've tried getting the lens and skipping to Khenarthi's roost like the OP, but the map marker just switches between HS and the Stargazer guy at craglorn. I started that quest because I thought maybe it was the next step. So frustrating. I hop finding this wreck bypasses the bug. :#, :(
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have gone ahead and closed this thread down since it is rather old. Please keep in mind that sometimes it is better to create a new topic, instead of replying in one that was posted a while ago.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.