The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Horns of the Reach contest - catering to elitists...

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
So, you can only enter the contest if you've completed the hardmode achievements for the two new dungeons...

Now, I can probably weasel a group together - but that's not how I roll. I like to play with friends and battle through, no matter how challenging and how long it takes us. A contest of this manner goes against everything that would normally appeal to me about an MMO...

You've basically outed yourselves as a bunch of elitist plonkers, Zenimax. You have become everything that disgusts me about what I thought was only a small portion of the community... ugh... I'm truly done.

Anyone who needs a wing in Elite Dangerous, give me as shout on the same PSN as my forum name.
  • Moltyr
    Moltyr
    ✭✭✭
    Elitist? Dungeons? I hate to tell you, but dungeons in this game are a cake walk. Even the hard modes. I think the issue behind people who feel the same as you do (mostly new plaryers) don't actually know the mechanics/their class or build. Even in a PUG I usually end up clearing vet dungeons in 30 min or less. If you want to talk elitist, wait until you try to make a run for emp, or get into a core vMoL/vHoF raid group. That's when even seasoned players can take a beating lol. Have you tried running VMA? Once I learned VMA and could do flawless runs, it did help make me a "better" player in PvE. Though VMA is also not kind to low CP/new players and can be extremely frustrating. So take your time with it for sure. Good luck to you.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do think that for this kind of contest they should have given a good month to enter, so even the more casual players may find groups willing to farm for achievements. While vet dungeons aren't especially difficult in themselves, getting the achievements requires a good group, and that really isn't the easiest thing to find if you aren't in a guild.

As I can really commit to playing early in the morning this week I have given up hope on entering, sigh.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • SelfTherapy
    SelfTherapy
    ✭✭✭
    I just finished hardmode, no death, and speed run with 3 dps and a tank. No need for a healer honestly, just as long as you know the mechanics it's super easy.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the quilting contest my grandmother entered is for... Quilters.

ZOS had a house decorating contest a few months ago, guess that outed them as being a bunch of RPing "plonkers".

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not again... Do you get free crowns for saying 'elitists' or is this word so much trendy nowdays?

In terms of difficulty these dungeons are not even close to what WGT, ICP, RoM and CoS used to be (before Zenimax nerfed them as well...)!
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elitists? hardly!
    the last competition catered to roleplayers....

when will there be a competition rewarding players like me? people who are good enough to enjoy most of the content but dont care about being the best
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, I farm VMA for gear - I've completed more times than I care to mention. I could more than likely get any hardmode dungeon done. I've got a good tank, a solid healer and 35k+ DPS magsorc. I'm not complaining on my own behalf as much as I am the guildies i run with. They would like to enter these kinds of contests, but simply will never be able to. ZoS have ostracized them completely. And in reward, they've all quit the game and cancelled their subs... congrats ZoS - more lost customers.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Using the word elitist too freely nowadays. Contest was targetted towards people who take pve more seriously than the average bear. Doesn't make those people elitists.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Just like all those art competitions catered to the elitist artists. :trollface:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using the word elitist too freely nowadays. Contest was targetted towards people who take pve more seriously than the average bear. Doesn't make those people elitists.

You've just described what it is to be an elitist... they literally gave you a few days to get ALL the achievements done. And when I was asking for people for a group to get this done, players were demanding I pass a DPS/tank/healer test before they'd let me in their group... so yup... it catered to elitists... Sorry if that upsets your feelings - but the truth quite often hurts.
  • PocketAces13xb
    PocketAces13xb
    ✭✭✭
    Why do all contests have to include everyone? You want to get it done then put in the effort for the gear or the skill. I know I don't have the skill or CPs for Vet trials yet. You know what i do? I don't cry on the forums to nerf it since it's only for elitists... I get more CP doing something else I enjoy and try to gold out some other gear in the processes. This is a contest, not a participation trophy.
    Pocket Aces 13 -Xbox NA
    509cp
    A Single Nut Lvl 50 StamDK
    Lets Get HighElf Lvl 50 MagSorc
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »

You've just described what it is to be an elitist... they literally gave you a few days to get ALL the achievements done. And when I was asking for people for a group to get this done, players were demanding I pass a DPS/tank/healer test before they'd let me in their group... so yup... it catered to elitists... Sorry if that upsets your feelings - but the truth quite often hurts.

Steve-Carell-Facepalm.gif

For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least next patch I will be able to put my "elitism" to good use for some in game currency soon. The motifs will probably sell for some good money. That's why I didn't even bother entering the dungeons while they were still barren and farmed vMA instead. I did make quite a nice sum farming vRoM & vCoS HM about 8 times a day a few months ago. Clockwork City patch will make me shake those mothballs from my tanking gear :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • DADDYOLDSCHOOL
    Having a contest that is challenging is a great idea. Its not like all their contests require you to complete something in the game that's very difficult. Honestly being a more advanced player, its one of the only contests that would peak my interest. Everything isn't made for everyone, that would just be boring.