The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

(I Need More Testing) I believe I Found A Fix. For Must Have Valid Internet, With Powerline adapter)

Serjustin19
Serjustin19
✭✭✭✭✭
Most would know I couldn't played Dungeons, Trials and the New Battle Grounds. I continued to let my friends down in both dungeons and Battle grounds. No matter how much I tried. I keep getting Must Have Valid Internet. I thought it was due to my 15Down and 2Up.

It’s probably why I always had issues with must have valid Internet connection. Last week I believed, that I was being throttle by my Internet. Keep running in kbps on all my connection. ( Morning and Night) Switch back and forth to Netgear R7000 router and Asus AC 88U router. It was a pain to setup my static back and forth.

Nothing would work. I unplugged everything out of my bedroom. Except my my router, nothing worked. I then spent $75 to replace the cable. It didn't work. That when I tried to connect my Internet (Ethernet) to Zyxel Powerline adapter. It didn't work with my kbps.

However with my last Stand, I decided to plug both my router and Internet. Into 2 separate Zyxel Powerline adapter. (no Ethernet plugged in Ethernet port)

To my amazement I was speechless. I'm started get my speeds back. However I tried Un plugging Zyxel Powerline adapter. My speeds went back to kbps. I originally bought my Zyxel Powerline adapter for another room to get wired Internet 1 yr ago.

I'm so very glad I remembered about Zyxel. They have built in noise interface filter. But somehow, by plugging in my router and Internet to 2 Zyxel Powerline adapters. It worked.

So next day I tested out ESO in Vivec. No lag on any of my characters. But lag before the kbps incident. Vivec was really playable. I did freeze 2 times because of huge amounts of 3 way party. 30+ each side. Of which I would've freeze with small 3 way fight originally.

I was so happy I can partake in large scale battle! Before freezing. Did I also mentioned since my router reset I didn't port forward? That's right :)

So It gave me huge hope, next day (yesterday before this thread) With my ports still closed, I went to Wayrest. Where it used to took forever to load other people (black shadows) due to being popular place to hang out.

Where I was rubber band and hit invisible boxes. I was so happy everything loaded really quick. I thought I was in a dream. So I keep on /reloadui over and over again. About 10 times.

Each time I load with ease and no more shadow people! I got really happy, I was thinking of trying BG again. To my surprise I actually did 2 BG WITH NO LAG! Not once I got kicked out, like I did originally when I tried BG with my friends when it came out.

Of course I had hard time with unusual loading screen in 1St BG, but I truly believe it's because my ports not open. Due to router reset, but I need to test some more until my hopes are dashed.

But I want to test more, if it's actually a fix for my Must have valid Internet connection all the time. (before Zyxel Powerline adapter) I'm so happy even with my 15 Download and 2Up. It’s probably going change and back to sever lag when I get back on........

I don’t want my hopes dashed lol. But if it was an easy fix. I would've missed 3 yrs of PvE content end game that I always wanted to do. For nothing. But I hope this fixed my Must have valid Internet connection all the time. I need more research.

Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have used Powerline adaptors and some are good and some are crap. The Zyxel seems to be one of the good ones.

Now, it sounds like your Internet Modem is in a different room than your gaming machine, is that correct?

Also, in a linear fashion, are you going direct from Internet Modem to the gaming machine using the Powerline? Or are you going Internet Modem--Router--Gaming Machine with the powerline being somewhere in the middle?

The way you are describing this is the Router is not even involved in your network.
    I decided to plug both my router and Internet. Into 2 separate Zyxel Powerline adapter. (no Ethernet plugged in Ethernet port)

I only bring this up as a device on the internet with a public IP is an invitation to be hacked. Gaming Consoles may not have as many, or any, concerns about this, but a PC certainly will.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I have used Powerline adaptors and some are good and some are crap. The Zyxel seems to be one of the good ones.

Now, it sounds like your Internet Modem is in a different room than your gaming machine, is that correct?

Also, in a linear fashion, are you going direct from Internet Modem to the gaming machine using the Powerline? Or are you going Internet Modem--Router--Gaming Machine with the powerline being somewhere in the middle?

The way you are describing this is the Router is not even involved in your network.
    I decided to plug both my router and Internet. Into 2 separate Zyxel Powerline adapter. (no Ethernet plugged in Ethernet port)

I only bring this up as a device on the internet with a public IP is an invitation to be hacked. Gaming Consoles may not have as many, or any, concerns about this, but a PC certainly will.

Both Router and my Internet is in same room currently. I got the cable running through my window, so no new holes be drilled in wall( But both used to be in a much smaller different room 1 yr ago) Sadly I'm unable get Modem. I originally thought my Internet plug in was a Modem honestly.

But according to my isp provider when they change cable last week. Modems are not compatible with there Internet. Could this play a role to without mode? But here are the pictures of my current setup.

(If this is right order in pic) This 1St Pic, is how I plugged in both my isp Internet plug in and my router (1 Zyxel for each plug)

img_1507912469027.jpg

This is my Asus-RT AC 88U router (Netgear Nighthawk not shown, I like my Asus router better)
    DSC_0034.jpg

( I originally thought this was a Modem in pic that my ISP provider connected me to lol) 1 cable goes from broadband outside and connect to 1 port. The 2ND cable (1 with kink, I tried different Ethernet cables didn’t see difference in performance) connects to router.

DSC_0035.jpg

If it helps Washington Broad band is my provider http://www.wabroadband.com

Here is how my connection is setup in this diagram from Washington Broadband http://www.wabroadband.com/diagram.html
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, you have wireless, so a wireless transceiver hands off your Ethernet. While technically not a modem, it functions the same being an interface between you and the ISP. Actually, it kind of is a modem in that it modulates and demodulates the signal. But, this is splitting hairs and not germain to the discussion.

If you power off your router, and you lose internet to your PS4 or other items, you have this connected up the most secure way in that the router is protecting your gear through a Firewall/NAT scenario.

If connecting through the Router causes issues, then do the Port Triggers (google make and model of the router and the term "Port Triggering" and you will find the instructions on how to do this. If you had not ever set up the port triggering, then that is why you were having so many issues before.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30107/kw/ports
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even 1 mbps download and upload speed is enough to play online games .
    I used to play from my 3g mobile network via the Hotspot and i monitored my traffic for an Hour in Cyrodiil the result was between 150 and 200 mb consumed so if you dp the math 1 mb/ps is 128kb per second so with 1 mbps u can generate traffic for 1x128x60(seconds)x60(minutes) which is 460 MB per hour . In conclusion 1 mbps speed is twice more than what you need for playing the game . However they may be latency related problems with the DNS servers and thats why i would suggest you to use the GOOGLE'S dns .
    Edited by RouDeR on October 13, 2017 7:35PM
  • socivL
    socivL
    ✭✭✭
    Most would know I couldn't played Dungeons, Trials and the New Battle Grounds. I continued to let my friends down in both dungeons and Battle grounds. No matter how much I tried. I keep getting Must Have Valid Internet. I thought it was due to my 15Down and 2Up.

It’s probably why I always had issues with must have valid Internet connection. Last week I believed, that I was being throttle by my Internet. Keep running in kbps on all my connection. ( Morning and Night) Switch back and forth to Netgear R7000 router and Asus AC 88U router. It was a pain to setup my static back and forth.

Nothing would work. I unplugged everything out of my bedroom. Except my my router, nothing worked. I then spent $75 to replace the cable. It didn't work. That when I tried to connect my Internet (Ethernet) to Zyxel Powerline adapter. It didn't work with my kbps.

However with my last Stand, I decided to plug both my router and Internet. Into 2 separate Zyxel Powerline adapter. (no Ethernet plugged in Ethernet port)

To my amazement I was speechless. I'm started get my speeds back. However I tried Un plugging Zyxel Powerline adapter. My speeds went back to kbps. I originally bought my Zyxel Powerline adapter for another room to get wired Internet 1 yr ago.

I'm so very glad I remembered about Zyxel. They have built in noise interface filter. But somehow, by plugging in my router and Internet to 2 Zyxel Powerline adapters. It worked.

So next day I tested out ESO in Vivec. No lag on any of my characters. But lag before the kbps incident. Vivec was really playable. I did freeze 2 times because of huge amounts of 3 way party. 30+ each side. Of which I would've freeze with small 3 way fight originally.

I was so happy I can partake in large scale battle! Before freezing. Did I also mentioned since my router reset I didn't port forward? That's right :)

So It gave me huge hope, next day (yesterday before this thread) With my ports still closed, I went to Wayrest. Where it used to took forever to load other people (black shadows) due to being popular place to hang out.

Where I was rubber band and hit invisible boxes. I was so happy everything loaded really quick. I thought I was in a dream. So I keep on /reloadui over and over again. About 10 times.

Each time I load with ease and no more shadow people! I got really happy, I was thinking of trying BG again. To my surprise I actually did 2 BG WITH NO LAG! Not once I got kicked out, like I did originally when I tried BG with my friends when it came out.

Of course I had hard time with unusual loading screen in 1St BG, but I truly believe it's because my ports not open. Due to router reset, but I need to test some more until my hopes are dashed.

But I want to test more, if it's actually a fix for my Must have valid Internet connection all the time. (before Zyxel Powerline adapter) I'm so happy even with my 15 Download and 2Up. It’s probably going change and back to sever lag when I get back on........

I don’t want my hopes dashed lol. But if it was an easy fix. I would've missed 3 yrs of PvE content end game that I always wanted to do. For nothing. But I hope this fixed my Must have valid Internet connection all the time. I need more research.

where i live i only have wifi - each unit in my building gets their own dedicated wifi connection. so with that, basically this game is going to be unplayable for me?

there is not changing ports unless i contact them and get a port open specifically for this game - i have this problem a lot with overwatch - paladins - and now ESO ?
    2 templars - 1 cup
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Powerline adapters depends on the quality of your house electrical wiring. So if it is a very old house, it could be worse than Wi-Fi.
    Edited by CiliPadi on November 5, 2017 1:19AM