The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Telvanni Furniture Recipes

PrimordialOdd
I wanted to know where I can find these in morrowind? I've looted all parts of morrowind for 3 weeks every day non stop and not yet even get a telvanni anything. I'm not looking for the motifs, I'm looking for the recipes such as telvanni bed recipe or the telvanni dresser recipe, desk, you name it. I've not seen in guild stores for a majority of times, when I do see them they are crafted or a furniture itself- not a recipe. So could I get help? Personally I really wanted to make a organic house, like a earth home vibe avatar style- being able to craft it, I'd be happy making them for others if they provide mats to make it free of charge. I dunno, honestly just want some headway into this making all this work worthwhile, if anyone could help it'd be awesome

Best Answers

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It'd be kinda nice if they made racial recipies have a increased chance to drop in that races area. so if you wanna farm nord recpies you go to Skyrim, dunmer marrowind, etc

For the base race recipes they do. And I suppose technically it's true for the Redoran, Hlaalu and Telvanni too; Vvardenfell has a higher drop chance of Dunmeri House recipes since everywhere else is zero. :unamused:
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
    Answer ✓
  • manavortex
    manavortex
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have four characters in Dreloth tomb since Vvardenfell release and loot all urns in the biggest room to what has to amount at least once daily. By a rough guess, that makes 200 - 300 urns a day.
    By now, the total count of epic furniture recipes I looted is ten. The ones I remember are
    • Telvanni Table Runner, Gilded Azure (did not know yet)
    • Indoril Banner, Sotha Sil (did not know yet)
    • Redguard Pillow, Oasis (did not know yet)
    • Redguard Firepit, Stone
    • Nord Trunk, Buckled
    • Wood Elf Tent, Frame
    .. and the rest was basically trash. Like, those purple recipes that are so common that they sell for less than 15k even on EU.

I'm the developer of Furniture Catalogue, so I consider myself somewhat well-informed to furniture item sources (since people actively get in touch with me to tell me about new stuff and where they got it.) My conclusion: The drop chances are utterly ridiculous.

By the way, I'm looking for a furniture crafter on EU who can make filled Hlaalu shelves and a few of the big Indoril rugs?
    Stop Zanil Theran's sinister plot to exterminate bank space! Give ESO+ subscribers a virtual Furniture Bag!
    Answer ✓
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if it drops from the master writ vendor? By buying the plans I mean

They unfortunately do not drop from those.
    ->--Willow--<-
    Answer ✓
  • manavortex
    manavortex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if it drops from the master writ vendor? By buying the plans I mean
    They do not. I spent ~2k vouchers on PTS on the plans, and didn't get a single one.
    Or maybe they do, but the drop chance is as gorgeous as in the urns? I have no clue.
    Stop Zanil Theran's sinister plot to exterminate bank space! Give ESO+ subscribers a virtual Furniture Bag!
    Answer ✓
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They drop in urns and such, like the furniture recipes for the other races - the problem is the other race recipes ALSO drop in Vvardenfell, diluting the drops a great deal.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    They drop in urns and such, like the furniture recipes for the other races - the problem is the other race recipes ALSO drop in Vvardenfell, diluting the drops a great deal.

It'd be kinda nice if they made racial recipies have a increased chance to drop in that races area. so if you wanna farm nord recpies you go to Skyrim, dunmer marrowind, etc
  • ecki2k
    ecki2k
    ... the problem is the other race recipes ALSO drop in Vvardenfell, diluting the drops a great deal.

This. Been farming there excessively for 25-30 hours now, not a single Telvanni Receipe. A friend doing mostly the same got 2 and considers herself very lucky.

It´s not that you don´t get quite some purple recipes, it´s just that those mostly happen to be wood elf, dark elf et al.
    Got 7 purples from Dres and Redoran, though. And 2 Imperial Stylebooks.
    That´s how rare Telvanni Stuff is.
    Edited by ecki2k on October 10, 2017 4:40AM
  • PrimordialOdd
    manavortex wrote: »
    I have four characters in Dreloth tomb since Vvardenfell release and loot all urns in the biggest room to what has to amount at least once daily. By a rough guess, that makes 200 - 300 urns a day.
    By now, the total count of epic furniture recipes I looted is ten. The ones I remember are
    • Nord Trunk, Buckled
    • Wood Elf Tent, Frame
    .. and the rest was basically trash. Like, those purple recipes that are so common that they sell for less than 15k even on EU.

I'm the developer of Furniture Catalogue, so I consider myself somewhat well-informed to furniture item sources (since people actively get in touch with me to tell me about new stuff and where they got it.) My conclusion: The drop chances are utterly ridiculous.

By the way, I'm looking for a furniture crafter on EU who can make filled Hlaalu shelves and a few of the big Indoril rugs?

This helps a lot so I do appreciate it, I found dreloth/veloth tombs in the last stretch of questing in morrowind- but by time I completed it, I realized I couldn’t go back in those certain area which made hleran tomb better at the moment but it’s seriously overfarmed :( I also in a last final note- heard that you needed the ‘Savior of Morrowind’ to up your chances of finding them. How can I farm those two tombs mentioned without having that? That would make your rate of finding it sensible if you didn’t have it but if you did then......

I don’t know exactly if it was right before or after I got the title, that I found a veloth volcano tapestry.. so honestly if you ask me, it’s ridiculous. I mean gear drops, gold jeweleries or whatever okay sure maybe it’s hard to find but furnitures? What is the point of making some like this nigh impossible to find? It kills the enjoyment of housing when you cant furnish it much with sets you want.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • Nord Trunk, Buckled
    • Wood Elf Tent, Frame

This helps a lot so I do appreciate it, I found dreloth/veloth tombs in the last stretch of questing in morrowind- but by time I completed it, I realized I couldn’t go back in those certain area which made hleran tomb better at the moment but it’s seriously overfarmed :( I also in a last final note- heard that you needed the ‘Savior of Morrowind’ to up your chances of finding them. How can I farm those two tombs mentioned without having that? That would make your rate of finding it sensible if you didn’t have it but if you did then......

I don’t know exactly if it was right before or after I got the title, that I found a veloth volcano tapestry.. so honestly if you ask me, it’s ridiculous. I mean gear drops, gold jeweleries or whatever okay sure maybe it’s hard to find but furnitures? What is the point of making some like this nigh impossible to find? It kills the enjoyment of housing when you cant furnish it much with sets you want.

I've completed the Narsis questline in MW and can get into Dreloth Tomb just fine. You can loot the few containers in the initial rooms and all the containers in the big room. You can't get through the one door at the end, but there really wasn't much in there - a smallish room with maybe a few urns. So, it's a great place to farm since it's very compact and a straight run through. Much preferable to me than Hleran, which is a bit spread out if I recall - haven't been in there in a while.

Also, curious what you meant by "veloth volcano tapestry." Did you find that in an urn? All I've managed to loot are the blue-quality Velothi Caissons. I've never looted any of the purple Velothi tapestries (the ragged ones - mourning, reverence, etc.), prayer cloths, or mats I've seen for sale at guild traders.

I've managed four purple MW recipes - 2 from the urns in Dreloth tomb and 2 from looting stolen containers in Vivec City (and during the first two weeks of release). None of them were Telvanni. That's the problem with this RNG system. Some people get really lucky, while others toil away with little to show for it. I have gotten other purple recipes (about 6) but I already knew at least half of them.

I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that I'll never learn even half of the purple recipes that were released with MW - probably not even a third! I'll have to resign myself to buying furniture from other players who were luckier than I.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on October 10, 2017 3:32PM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /notices something. is there a confirmation that drop rates for blueprints are increased if you have finished the story? I know that its supposed to improve BA motif drop rates, but its the first time I'm hearing about it affecting furnishings.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    I am starting to wonder if they didn't nerf the drops even further. Between last night and today I have sent 6-7 toons through the two tombs, at least 20 times each and got one purple pattern. So far today I've gotten zero and only a couple of blues. Heck some runs I don't even get ant greens.

This is getting very frustrating yet I can't seem to stop myself from repeating this mind-numbing activity :/
    Edited by Slyjinxy on October 11, 2017 7:05PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slyjinxy wrote: »
    I am starting to wonder if they didn't nerf the drops even further. Between last night and today I have sent 6-7 toons through the two tombs, at least 20 times each and got one purple pattern. So far today I've gotten zero and only a couple of blues. Heck some runs I don't even get ant greens.

This is getting very frustrating yet I can't seem to stop myself from repeating this mind-numbing activity :/

I've been wondering the same. There have been times when I didn't even get a green provisioning recipe! I usually only do one run a night on 8 toons, as I can't seem to get myself to do more than that. It is frustrating, but I really want some more purple MW plans, so I keep doing it. It's even more frustrating when I see the same seller listing 3 or 4 Telvanni furnishings for sale, when I haven't even found a single Telvanni plan.
  • PrimordialOdd
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, from what I have been observing over the past few months, it is my personal opinion that all of the blueprints are not in the loot table all of the time.

Repeatedly I see a particular blueprint pop up for sale, or be found by someone, and over and over again one or two more of that same blueprint will pop up within the week. Then no more for a while. It is like they are releasing them 2, 3, or 4 at a time of a particular one into the loot table, and then removing it and adding a different one. Obviously more than one of a particular kind can be found at once, but it seems like a cycle. So the people that go in looking for one thing, I honestly don't think have a chance of finding it ALL the time. Which I think is just so misleading and discouraging.

Again, these are just my observations and theories. No idea what really is the case. It just seems way too coincidental that multiples of the same kind always show up around the same time, and then don't show up for a long while after.
    Edited by Livvy on October 12, 2017 4:41PM
    ->--Willow--<-
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They do not. I spent ~2k vouchers on PTS on the plans, and didn't get a single one.
    Or maybe they do, but the drop chance is as gorgeous as in the urns? I have no clue.

They do not. The patch notes for MW specifically mentioned that the plans only drop in MW. This is designed so that players who don't own MW don't have a chance of getting the plans except by purchasing from other players who do.

It's been suggested that they add Rolis Hlaalu to Vivec City where he sells MW furnishing documents. Obviously, these would need to cost more than 25 vouchers - at least 50 if not 75/100. Then players who own MW would have another source for these. That, or they could increase the drop rate or better yet remove the non-MW plans from the loot tables in MW.
  • Ruse
    Ruse
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Also, curious what you meant by "veloth volcano tapestry." Did you find that in an urn? All I've managed to loot are the blue-quality Velothi Caissons. I've never looted any of the purple Velothi tapestries (the ragged ones - mourning, reverence, etc.), prayer cloths, or mats I've seen for sale at guild traders.

I found one of the velothi tapestries in an urn. Don't recall which one as I sold it. But yes, they do drop rarely in the Morrowind urns.
    Travels in Tamriel (screenshots + light RP blog)
    _.._.._.._.._.._.._

Jubilee | warden healer | white orc swamp witch
    Sarielle | templar healer | Imperial good girl

My Skyrim mods:
    Classic | SE