The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please change some rewards to furniture

SFDB
SFDB
✭✭✭✭✭
As discussed in this thread, some of the original rewards in the storyline were things that were meant to have a symbolic meaning, but the game had no way to represent it other than actual gear, gear which generally wasn't useful. It is a bit immersion breaking to take treasured items and sell them at a vendor or break them down for components, which is sadly all they're really useful as.

So, please consider turning some of these items into furniture rewards instead so they can be mounted on walls and appreciated as treasured experiences, rather than responding to "take my sword and remember me" with "thanks, I'll swing by the pawn shop later."
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent idea!

I felt kind of sad when
    after sacrificing the prophet, I used his staff to research its trait! :D
    Edited by Incognitius on September 20, 2017 5:27PM
    Options
  • Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    It's a win win really! If you're not into housing, you could probably seek the item for a bunch.
    Options
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely approve this idea! Also some Orsimer-related furniture should be added in dailies reward in Wrothgar (like small mammoth sculptures). As well, Imperial furniture should be obtainable not only through crown store, but maybe in Imperial City (Tel Var merchant) or through dailies in Gold Coast.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    O yes please add also abilty to decorate my sword and armour plz
    Options
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An idea occurred to me. These quest furniture rewards can be implemented as collectibles, like the Map of Vvardenfell or Undaunted trophies. This will achieve two things: 1) if your toon already complete those quests, you will receive furniture anyway without necessity of doing them again on the other character, 2) you will never lose those unique and memorable things, as well as you'll not able to have multiple copies of them in one house.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we are at it, can the achievement furnishings not cost 25-50K, I did the required exercise, why do I have to drop 50K on the throne? All achievement items should be a flat price, 5-10K. I know part of this was to introduce a gold sink into the game but I am going broke buying what I "earned" in-game.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
    Options
  • BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    While we are at it, can the achievement furnishings not cost 25-50K, I did the required exercise, why do I have to drop 50K on the throne? All achievement items should be a flat price, 5-10K. I know part of this was to introduce a gold sink into the game but I am going broke buying what I "earned" in-game.

yeah it is kind of insanely expensive some of them. acheivement rewards feel a bit lame when it;s "YOU CAN NOW SPEND ALL YOUR GOLD FOR A STATUE!
    Options
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    logarifmik wrote: »
    An idea occurred to me. These quest furniture rewards can be implemented as collectibles, like the Map of Vvardenfell or Undaunted trophies. This will achieve two things: 1) if your toon already complete those quests, you will receive furniture anyway without necessity of doing them again on the other character, 2) you will never lose those unique and memorable things, as well as you'll not able to have multiple copies of them in one house.

Great idea! I was thinking that this wouldn't be good for people who've completed a particular quest on all their characters, as they wouldn't be able to obtain the item. But, if it's retroactive and part of your collections, then they can easily add them for those that completed it, as they did when they changed the mementos to collectibles.
    Options
  • Miaura
    Miaura
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! Just yesterday I deconned a sword Id been logging around for sentimental reasons , to make more room in my bags for plunder skulls.
    Either change some rewards to furnishings or have an option to choose furnishing or equipment :)!
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or perhaps rather than furniture itself you could occasionally be rewarded with one of those envelopes that will give you a random blue or purple recipe yes?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options