Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Melon and garlic farming spots anyone

Armatesz
Armatesz
✭✭✭✭✭
I know of some low yield areas to get melons and rare to get garlic but figured to ask around and see if anyone knew spots that have high yields of melon and garlic (not owned/stealing) that are at an easy of access and please don't clown and joke about buying from a grocer. I'm asking as a provisioner that likes to make foods for other people.
Ärmätèsz
Xbox NA
Guildless (by choice)
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite barrel farm is Sanguine's Demesne, the public dungeon in Shadowfen. Just inside the front door, no fighting required.

... Did I just say my favorite anything is in Shadowfen!?
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get a lot of garlic by stealing and melons I get from the ships on the coast of malaba tor. None stolen garlic I get from provisioning writs.
    Edited by phileunderx2 on October 3, 2017 5:29PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Provisioning helpers and writs.
  • Kraynic
    Kraynic
    ✭✭
    Make several characters and get them certified for provisioning. Do a provisioning writ every day on all of them. If they are making 250+ gold, you could throw in self-sufficient mount training on each of them as well.

I do a provisioning writ every day on 9 characters for the following benefits:

1) I usually am getting 270 random basic provisioning mats per day that allows me to donate to the guild bank for member usage and still have a ton of materials to make stuff for myself or others.
    2) Since my characters are scattered (by design) across several recipe tiers, I can funnel any rare unknown recipes that drop from the reward crate to my main provisioner.
    3) It is a easy trickle of money that I can usually do each day even if I don't have time to go do dungeons, quest, etc. It isn't fast income, but it does add up if it is part of your routine.

I still loot barrels, crates, sacks, etc out in the world, but I now do that for the chance at furniture crafting drops. All my provisioning material needs are easily provided through the writs.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh. Ingredient farming is the worst, lol.

If you're ESO+ and have the craft bag, hirelings on all characters will ultimately build up a supply of everything. If not, you can always try putting out zone chat. People usually share...after two years of writs on multiple toons with hirelings I'm pushing 6k per ingredient, so I typically help out.

Another tip is that when I have a recipe I'm making a lot, I try to find and buy some of the other three parallel recipes (there are four recipes for every level, as in there are four C100 boost health and stamina recipes). This will help you craft the same buff recipes for people with a broader ingredient base. I have an app w a recipe list. I'm not sure what you're crafting...if you reply in this thread with the recipe name and using @davey1107 so I get a notice, I'll look up the three parallel recipes to what you're making.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have hirelings already and I am not too keen on just willy nilly making new characters without some function to them. Some items are easier to farm than others but I figured to find a more better farming spot for certain things.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • auronessb16_ESO
    auronessb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    What is it with garlic? I have needed it for a week to do my writs, and can't find it in dungeons, normal loot sites or from my hirelings. I checked out some traders. Some of them are asking 5k for 25 garlic. Heck, I can steal it and pay off the bounty and it would be cheaper. Tomorrow, I'll run my thief though his paces and see if I can "find" some garlic and the corn flower my alchemist needs.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is it with garlic? I have needed it for a week to do my writs, and can't find it in dungeons, normal loot sites or from my hirelings. I checked out some traders. Some of them are asking 5k for 25 garlic. Heck, I can steal it and pay off the bounty and it would be cheaper. Tomorrow, I'll run my thief though his paces and see if I can "find" some garlic and the corn flower my alchemist needs.

I finally found a spot that has high yield garlic, it can drop up to 8 at a time.
    Ogondar's Winery in Craglorn eastish but near Belkarth. Just follow the path you can see that stretches over the city and you won't miss it on your left when traveling east. Seems a bunch of odd end stuff but still going to look around to find a higher yield spot for melons.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I probably should say 8 stalks so you could potentially get more or less than that amount for when you pick.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armatesz wrote: »

I finally found a spot that has high yield garlic, it can drop up to 8 at a time.
    Ogondar's Winery in Craglorn eastish but near Belkarth. Just follow the path you can see that stretches over the city and you won't miss it on your left when traveling east. Seems a bunch of odd end stuff but still going to look around to find a higher yield spot for melons.

As armatesz says, garlic (and cheese) is found in abundance at Ogondars Winery, but also next to the the wayshrine in Belkarth is the enchanters, which usually has 1-3 bunches of garlic upstairs. So hit both in one trip.

I collect garlic, as my username implies :) Any mention of garlic and my ears prick up. :)
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrGarlic wrote: »
    Armatesz wrote: »

As armatesz says, garlic (and cheese) is found in abundance at Ogondars Winery, but also next to the the wayshrine in Belkarth is the enchanters, which usually has 1-3 bunches of garlic upstairs. So hit both in one trip.

I collect garlic, as my username implies :) Any mention of garlic and my ears prick up. :)

Cheese is actually better to get at the guild trader spot in the hollow city part of cold harbour. Within 5 minutes or so you should have a stack of cheese easily. I would never use that winery for just only getting cheese... that is far slower of a process.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OH hey, check this barrel and this urn and this basket and... hey, where did I get 900 cheese from?

I do all 6 writs on 4 characters a day. Every few weeks I cook up "extras" and sell about 40k worth of food to my merchant.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Provisioning Hirelings are a good thing to have. I have 4 figures of every ingredient, and I don't farm Provisioning all that much. Also, it does not matter the level of the character, or the provisioning level of the skill on that character. But, do try to get at least the L2 Hireling.

Vile Manse in Reapers March is good for Garlic too. Upstairs is docile, the basement, well, not docile.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you mention the Vile Manse, go through the trap door into the dungeon. Go straight(?) through the room full of shelving and there's a side room with more cheese than you can imagine.

Or, visit the guild kiosks in the Hollow City - theres a cart with cheese on spikes. Not stealing.

Yes, this is for cheese. Not melons or garlic. Off topic. Sorry.
  • Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see how someone could have a shortage of ingredients. Do you not so quests? I just farm while questing, and I'm loaded up with everything.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I typically make stuff for others is why I ask, I rather like making things easier on myself and finding high yield spots. That and cheese is one of the easiest things to get >.> kind of like flour too.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • VvardeFellow
    VvardeFellow
    ✭✭✭
    There are always three strands of garlic hanging in the kitchen of the winery. If your a garlic nut, it's an easy ride while in Crag to drop off writs, maybe a 20 second ride. I got 7 garlic out of it. As for Sanguine's, there are tons of barrels before even the first red NPC, But, I didn't get any garlic. The most predominant was wheat, rye and grapes.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    easiest way: guild stores/guild traders
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    easiest way: guild stores/guild traders

Again after ways to farm, not spend more money than what makes logical sense... prices they put for those things in guild stores don't make that much sense because of farm time I can do better than theirs. I'm not doing what I am doing to make money in game.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • auronessb16_ESO
    auronessb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It occurred to me yesterday, the trouble with farming garlic is I don't look up. Boxes, barrels, sack are easy to search, but you don't find garlic that way. I've find them hanging from shelfs near barrels, or cooking areas. An hour of looting houses and ships netted me a dozen garlics.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit is curious.

What on earth are you cooking that contains both the melon and the garlic?

This not a good taste combination no.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curiosity killed the...

Hm. Nevermind.
  • Puzzlenuts
    Puzzlenuts
    ✭✭✭
    I used to steal garlic from the alchemist in Shornhelm haven't in a while not sure if its still there. It was hanging over the achemists counter.
    Edited by Puzzlenuts on October 11, 2017 1:07PM
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit is curious.

What on earth are you cooking that contains both the melon and the garlic?

This not a good taste combination no.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Melon for lemon baked parmesan pork, garlic for garlic cod and potato crust.
    Not both in the same item lol, although I could think of a realistic usage of garlic and melons... ty SantieClaws :3
    Now I wonder if I can a vampire to volunteer to be made into a meal <.<
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melon baked* mentally typo'd that >.>'
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Upstairs in the bank of velyn harbor there's some garlic hanging by the fireplace. In wrothgar in the bar of the greedy gut there is some garlic there too. Be careful of the guard though.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found a melon farming spot in reaper's march at Pa'alat. There is like 4 or 5 baskets of melons, just loot all and not considered stealing for those wondering. If you want it to repopulate then teleport to a home you don't own and then leave it to repeat the process.
    Garlic farm spot is up in craglorn by belkarth... the "Ogondar's Winery" there is like 8 stalks of garlic there. Happy huntings all : 3
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • rossk25
    rossk25
    ✭✭✭
    I have no issues farming melons, they are everywhere for me.

Garlic is OK, but I find it is best to get garlic when they are overhaning fireplaces, or in kitchens.

However, try farming Jazbay grapes. Oh god, those things are rare.
    Bosmer Magicka Templar - Dest/Resto Staff [ex Stamina Templar - Bow/DW]
    Dunmer Magicka DK - Dest/Resto staff
    Breton Magicka NB - [Dest/DW PvE] [Dest/Resto PvP]
    Bosmer Stamina Warden - Bow/2H
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rossk25 wrote: »
    I have no issues farming melons, they are everywhere for me.

Garlic is OK, but I find it is best to get garlic when they are overhaning fireplaces, or in kitchens.

However, try farming Jazbay grapes. Oh god, those things are rare.

Pretty sure cicero grocery store in hollow city has them laying around, might want to check that winery in craglorn. Both areas do not count as stealing. WInery that is near belkarth.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some great areas listed here, thanks all! :smile:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."