The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Treasure hunting passive not working

rpfc1009
rpfc1009
✭✭
Although having the cp allocated to get treasure hunter, I still only get green set items.
Tried resetting my cp but still getting greens.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rpfc1009 wrote: »
    Although having the cp allocated to get treasure hunter, I still only get green set items.
    Tried resetting my cp but still getting greens.

where are you when you are opening the trasure chests?

the passives do not work on dolmens

and will not work in a non -cp campaign (i know this sounds obvious but youd be surprised how often the topic comes up)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been consistently getting the correct types of items from treasure chests since ZOS fixed the passive several patches back, on PC NA.
  • rpfc1009
    rpfc1009
    ✭✭
    Noticed it while trying to farm necro rings and necklace. When opened chest out in the world, would only get green necro set pieces. Thought it was weird and tried picking locked chest in other areas and still get set pieces in green.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which platform and server are you on?
  • Xelrick
    Xelrick
    ✭✭✭
    What I been told is the Teasure Hunter passive levels the locked chest up (example a Simple chest equals Intermediate loot) and I believe this is true. So you will still get green gear.
    Xelrick: "Do not mix chaos with madness. It will only lead to unexplored adventures."
  • rpfc1009
    rpfc1009
    ✭✭
    PS4 eu
    I thought the passive would improve the quality of items you got, meaning green to blue, etc
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PS4 eu
    I thought the passive would improve the quality of items you got, meaning green to blue, etc

No. it just levels chest as stated. So if the worst chest gives no set pieces and the second worst green pieces, you will always get at least green pieces.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Find the part in this where ZOS talks about Treasure chests for a better exaplantion of what the Treasure Hunter passive actually does. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3412914#Comment_3412914
  • rpfc1009
    rpfc1009
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the help everyone, but maybe I didn't explain myself properly.
    I'm getting set items, but what isn't happening is the quality of those items isn't being improved.
    Both the notes on the link sent and the description on the cp tree, clearly state that the quality of items would be improved.
    But all I'm getting is green items that under the cp treasure hunter passive should be upgraded to blue quality.
    I'm not talking about standard items but of set items that never drop in white quality, but start at green.
    If treasure hunter was working for me, I wouldn't be getting things like green necro rings or green jerkin of martial knowledge, because they would be upgraded to blue
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help everyone, but maybe I didn't explain myself properly.
    I'm getting set items, but what isn't happening is the quality of those items isn't being improved.
    Both the notes on the link sent and the description on the cp tree, clearly state that the quality of items would be improved.
    But all I'm getting is green items that under the cp treasure hunter passive should be upgraded to blue quality.
    I'm not talking about standard items but of set items that never drop in white quality, but start at green.
    If treasure hunter was working for me, I wouldn't be getting things like green necro rings or green jerkin of martial knowledge, because they would be upgraded to blue

You misunderstand how it works:
    Treasure Hunter: Reduced the chance of receiving a second set item, but the chest will still always have an additional item in it if you have this passive (typically a blue-quality item, with a chance of it being either purple or another piece of the aforementioned item sets).
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the treasure hunter passive. Its working correctly for me. I still get green set items! (and blue, and purple, and paintings, and non-set junk...)

Simple: I get non-set items, and sometimes green set items, not always but probably around 50% of the time.
    Intermediate: I always get a set piece, probably blue.
    Advanced: Always get a set piece, probably purple.
    Master: always get a set piece, sometimes 2, usually purple. If fact I usually get one or two purple items, though one of those might be a painting.

So yes, you still will get green set items. The passive helps you get those set items at all.

If you still believe there to be a problem, I suggest that you break down what you are receiving by the quality of chest like I have done so above. Treasure Hunter is very much tied to the level of the chest. Essentially Simple turns into Intermediate, Intermediate to Advanced, and so on. If you are getting green set items in a simple chest, that's normal. You'll need to actually check what you are getting out of chests of each level though, and the more chests you unlock the better. If you don't already have a route where you can get a lot of chests, try searching the starter islands.

I'd be glad to run my chest farming route and compare results if you need me to.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, here's the data for what I said above. After all, the plural of anecdote is not data. If you were farming for chests in my instance of Wrothgar, I'm very sorry. Your lack of loot was all for science!

Methodology: I farmed chests on a character with the Treasure Hunter passive and recorded loot in terms of non-set piece, quality, and set piece quality. I have no desire to spend the inordinate amount of time farming chests in order to get decent numbers of Advanced and Master chests, so you are just going to have to deal with the small numbers that are fair from statistically significant. I had 1 painting drop, so its hard to judge anything by that. There were plenty of other loot types including treasure maps, but I'm only recording set pieces since that's on topic for the thread.

Total chests farmed: 53
    Quality: 30 Simple, 16 Intermediate, 4 Advanced, 3 Master

Simple Chests: Simple chests dropped a variety of items. They could drop non-set greens, non-set blues or a set green in addition to a non-set green or blue. Non-set greens dropped from 14/30 chests, non-set blues dropped from 16/30 chests, so I suspect the drop rate is 50/50. Set piece greens dropped from 11/30 chests or 36%, so I suspect that green set pieces drop about a third of the time. There were no blue set pieces from any simple chests.

Intermediate Chests: 16/16 intermediate chests dropped 1 non-set blue and 1 blue set piece. 100% of the intermediate chests had a blue set piece. I did get 1 purple painting from an intermediate chest.

Advanced Chests: 4/4 advanced chests dropped 1 non-set blues and 1 purple set piece.

Master Chests: 3/3 master chests dropped 2 non-set blues and 1 purple set piece. I know I've gotten more than one set piece from these in the past but I didn't see that on these runs.

Testing to see if your Treasure Hunter Passive is working: With this data, I'd suggest that the easiest way to check is to open some intermediate chests, as the percentage was the most consistent over a larger data set. Nevertheless, my results are pretty clear that you should expect to get green set pieces from simple chests about a third of the time.
  • rpfc1009
    rpfc1009
    ✭✭
    Thanks for your help, was unable to be online till now but will take your advice and check it
    Thanks so much for your patience and help