Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Saptank versus others

Gorilla
Gorilla
✭✭✭
By background I have played console since launch and have numerous characters. All have been DPS, tho, and I am looking for a new build to play. I was thinking a NB saptank type that I could use in PVE (not really for trials but maybe) and would be fun in PvP with some modifications.

Conceptually I like the idea of the sap tank given the leeching, heals, etc. Are these still viable? Does anyone have any recommended builds or guides for player new to the genre?

Thanks.
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    @Mojmir

Thanks. Have you played one? Any general thoughts?
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    Also debating race. Any strong reason not ti go Argonian?
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorilla wrote: »
    @Mojmir

Thanks. Have you played one? Any general thoughts?

Yes, it's quite forgiving when you first start out and you don't need to have perfect gear.
    I would reccomend starting out with crafted heavy sets like histbark and seducer til you can get the gear he mentions. Ive been using it for about 2 weeks and already completed alot of pledges/dlc dungeons.
    Edited by Mojmir on October 9, 2017 2:43PM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorilla wrote: »
    Also debating race. Any strong reason not ti go Argonian?

Practically any race will work, but argonian should be good. I use altmer atm.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is one of the builds around and it rocks in pledges any way and as offtank in raids as well, and if there is no one around to tank a raid, you are able to do that too, but other builds are more suited for that job.
    Edited by Azurya on October 9, 2017 2:46PM
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    @Mojmir @Azurya

Thanks!
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soon NB tank will be the only one with easy access to Major Evasion, since heavy armor builds will be unable to use the medium armor active skill.

I think NB tanks will become more common, to keep Tavas ultimate builds alive if nothing else.

I wouldn't bother with Hist Bark on a NB though, since they are literally the only class with easy access to that same buff.