The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

My idea for a new, magicka-based "dual wield" skill-line.

PuddingZebra
PuddingZebra
✭✭✭
Basically, One hand & rune. I know it's already in game API and alot of ideas already created, just felt like sharing my own ideas.

One hand and Rune restores both magicka and stamina on heavy attack (applies magic damage calculations with rune and weapon damage calculations with one hand weapon)
This might make it interesting for more "tanky" magicka characters.

Runes can be made using the Woodworking skill

(note: i tried to make the damage/effect% and durations as "open" as possible. most self-made input is marked with "(?)")
I would love to hear what you people think of it, or what could potentially be changed/added/removed to make this more sensible :)

Skills:
Level 1:
-Runic blast:
Draw upon the power of your rune to release a blast of energy in front of you.

--Frost Rune deals X ice damage in a 3x12 meter radius in front of you
(icy whirlwind blast)
--Flame Rune deals X flame damage in a 3x12 meter radius in front of you
(much like fire breath>DK)
--Shock Rune deals X shock damage in a 3x12 meter radius in front of you
(much like heavy attack overload)
--Restoration Rune restores X health to allies within a 3x12 meter radius in front of you.
(much like blessing of protection)

Morphs---
-Imbued Blast:
Gains additional effects based on Rune type equipped:
--Frost rune applies a 30%(?) snare to all tartgets hit for X seconds
--Flame rune sets the enemies hit on fire, dealing X damage over X seconds
--Shock Rune applies minor maim for X seconds to every enemy hit
--Restoration Rune grants minor protection to all allies healed, reducing the damage taken by 8% for X seconds.

Or

-Ferocious Blast:
Increases the size, damage/healing done and reduces the cost of the ability.

Level 4:
-Elemental shield:
Draw on the defensive powers of your rune to increase your elemental resistance based on the rune you are carrying

--Frost rune gives X frost resistance and restores X magicka every time you are hit by Frost damage for X seconds
--Flame rune gives X flame resistance and restores X magicka every time you are hit by Flame damage for X seconds
--Shock rune gives X shock resistance and restores X magicka every time you are hit by shock damage for X seconds
--Restoration rune gives X spell resistance and restores X magicka for every time you take damage from a spell projectile for X seconds

Morphs:
-Agressive elements:
Increases damage/healing done based on the type of rune you are carrying
--Frost rune increases the damage of your Frost damage attacks by 8%
--Flame rune increases the damage of your Flame damage attacks by 8%
--Shock rune increases the damage of your Shock damage attacks by 8%
--restoration rune gives minor vitality, increasing your healing taken by 8%.

Or

-Absorbing powers:
Instead of giving resistance, the rune now absorbs up to X elemental damage taken. This can occur up to 3 times. This also no longer restores magicka.
(Frost rune absorbs up to X frost damage, Flame up to X flame damage, Shock up to X shock damage, restoration up to X magic damage)

Level 14:
-Imbue weapon
Draw upon the power of the rune to gain minor berserk, increasing your damage done by 8% for X seconds

Morphs:
-Draining strikes
Applies minor magickasteal to any opponents hit with a light or heavy attack for X seconds

Or

-Vital leech
Applies minor lifesteal to any opponents hit with a light or heavy attack for X seconds

Level 20:
-Elemental wind
Surround yourself in a surge of your rune's energy to gain its power based on the type of rune you are carrying
--Frost rune deals X frost damage in a 6(?) meter radius around you every 1 second for X seconds
--Flame rune deals X Flame damage in a 6(?) meter radius around you every 1 second for X seconds
--Shock rune deals X Shock damage in a 6(?) meter radius around you every 1 second for X seconds
--Restoration rune heals you and your allies for X health in a 6(?) meter radius around you every 1 second for X seconds

Morphs
-Elemental power:
Gains an additional effect based on the type of rune you're carrying
--Frost rune has immobilized enemies for X seconds when hit
--Flame rune applies the burning effect to all enemies hit
--shock rune sets enemies hit off-balance

Or

-Elemental surge
Increases the damage/healing and radius

Level 38:
-Magical net
Surround yourself in a net of pure magic to increase your maximum magicka by 1%(?) for X seconds every time you are hit by a spell projectile, stacking up to X times.
(every time you're hit this timer resets, works same as wrath passives).

Morphs:
-Absorbing net:
Also restore 1%(?) of your maximum magicka every time you are hit by a spell projectile

Or

-Powerful net:
decreases the cost and increases the maximum amount you can stack by X.

Ultimate (125 ultimate cost(?))
-Runic bomb
Focus all the energy of your rune to place a bomb on yourself giving you an effect based on the rune you are carrying
--Frost rune places a Frost Bomb on yourself which explodes after 4(?) seconds, dealing X frost damage to enemies within a 12(?) meter radius
--Flams rune places a Flame Bomb on yourself which explodes after 4(?) seconds, dealing X Flame damage to enemies within a 12(?) meter radius
--Shock rune places a ShockBomb on yourself which explodes after 4(?) seconds, dealing X Shock damage to enemies within a 12(?) meter radius
--Restoration rune places a restorative Bomb on yourself which explodes after 4(?) seconds, healing all allies within a 12(?) meter radius for X health.

Morphs:
-Elemental Bomb:
Gain an additional effect based on the type of rune you are carrying
--Frost Bomb immobilizes all enemies hit for X seconds
--Flame Bomb knocks back all enemies hit for X meters, stunning them for X seconds
--Shock bomb applies major maim to all, enemies hit for X seconds, reducing their damage done by 30% for X seconds
--restorative bomb applies major vitality to all allies hit, increasing their healing taken by 30% for X seconds

Or

-Pulsing bomb
The bomb continues to pulse after the explosion
--Frost/Flame/Ice bomb pulse every 1 second for 4 seconds after the bomb explodes, dealing X magic damage in a 6(?) meter radius
--Restorative bomb heals an additional X health every 1 second for 4 seconds in a 6(?) meter radius after the bomb explodes

Passives:

-Elemental adept
Increases Frost/flame/shock damage done by 2%/5%(?)

-Runic knowledge
Decreases the cost of one hand + rune abilities by 4%/8%(?)

-Hidden power
Increases your maximum magicka by 1%/2%(?) for every 1h/rune ability slotted

-Susceptibility
Increases the chances of applying status effects by 50%/100%(?)

-Efficient striking
Increases the amount of magicka/stamina you restore with heavy attacks by 15%/30%(?)

--PuddingZebra
You see, I am a Pink Flying Pudding Zebra.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some good ideas here, I like it. The abilities seem a bit overly "Buffy" to me. Three of the five being shield/buff skills feels a bit heavy...I'd personally want some more attacks brought in. Especially the final skill unlock.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, why?
    Becouse it's wise as making stamina abilities out of rest-destro staffs
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • PuddingZebra
    PuddingZebra
    ✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Some good ideas here, I like it. The abilities seem a bit overly "Buffy" to me. Three of the five being shield/buff skills feels a bit heavy...I'd personally want some more attacks brought in. Especially the final skill unlock.

You're right... hmm...

I could also try thinking of some sort of magicka-based gapcloser? I'd have to work that out.

it's indeed quite alot of buffs and few actual attacks.
    I'll work on that :D thanks for the input
    You see, I am a Pink Flying Pudding Zebra.
  • PlazmaCow7
    PlazmaCow7
    Soul Shriven
    I would actually like to see a Spell Sword class. Like have a spell on one hand and a sword on the other. but it's not very likely but a rune-sword class is almost doable because the rune is materialistic meaning it can be crafted like how a sword can and it holds the properties of a spell so this would be a cool idea. ZOS should hire you lol.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is unnecessary, they should just make a magic dual wield option for the destro and resto trees.

That is unless you are talking about a wand and shield like setup, which would be interesting for the frost "tanks"
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think first ability should be a single target spam-able
    maybe the resistant one be a execute instead
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it. 1 hand and rune is definetly the weapon line I want them to add the most and I actually tried to come with some concepts like these ones but end up giving up, lol it's not easy at all. It did tho revolve more around blinks and mobility, being nimble, dealing quick bursts at medium range, but i like your approach too.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on October 2, 2017 7:05PM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the idea of one hand and rune for magicka chars. I get so tired of destruction staff all the time.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get some Avatar feelings when reading these stuff :)

Fire/water(aka ice) bending and *** :)
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about dual weild chakrams? They could be fire, lightning, frost. No need for resto. Allowing for magic ranged dps or perhaps magic melee. This idea of combining melee and magic wont work. Needs to be fully magic. Leave weapon damage and stamina out of the equation...