The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Crown Crate Lip Tints Remove Character's Eye Makeup

MornaBaine
MornaBaine
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So this is my character in her default makeup:

kkG3FHo.png

I love the eyeliner but have long wished I could change the goth girl black lipstick. So I was actually pretty excited to find out we were getting a RED lip tint in the new crown crates this upcoming season. So today I opened my free crates and discovered that I got the Nocturnal Indigo Lip Tint. While not the color I wanted I was excited to see how it would look. Well, it looks like this:

F0PMurU.png
That's right, it REMOVES her EYE MAKEUP entirely. Note that she is also wearing the Subtle Dark Lashes from the crown store and THOSE do not remove her eye makeup OR her lipstick! So, buyer beware... these lip tints are pretty bad and for those of us who have hoped to be able to change our character's lipstick ALONE... this doesn't work. Indeed, I am wondering if this is unintended and if it will be fixed before ZOS actually starts charging money for them. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can you let us know? because if, like many problematical crown store releases that have flaws, it is NOT going to be corrected to where it does not alter the eye makeup I see no reason to purchase even one crate in hope of being able to get this item.
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Muttsmutt
    Muttsmutt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh no
    what a conundrum :(
    PC-EU // UNDEAD
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! "

except free ones :trollface:
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aww that sucks :( And I was waiting for those...
    ESO chars often look weird without makeup, its like they dont have lashes.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's definitely intended. They're both face markings, and you cannot have two face markings active at one time.

It's the same with argonian scales that are completely removed by tattoos. Or how skins remove vampirism. There's no system in game to "Overlay" multiple cosmetic textures on top of each other.
    Edited by Marto on September 27, 2017 4:36PM
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marto wrote: »
    That's definitely intended. They're both face markings, and you cannot have two face markings active at one time.

It's the same with argonian scales that are completely removed by tattoos. Or how skins remove vampirism. There's no system in game to "Overlay" multiple cosmetic textures on top of each other.

Yeah, basically what I was going to say. The lipstick is a facial marking layer, which will overwrite any other active facial marking layer.

That said, Marto's not exactly correct, when he says that there's no overlay system. The game actually supports multiple layers overlapping each other. For example, previewing a skin on a vampire will produce an otherwise unavailable variant. (And, Before Dark Brotherhood, equipping mindshriven on a vampire would result in glowing red eyes.)

So, technically, the system could be reconfigured to display multiple skins or other modifiers simultaneously. That said, I suspect there's some internal limit, that causes the game to flake out if it's exceeded. We've seen some of this with the bug where some cosmetic items would cull whenever you transitioned if you had enough active at once.
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it was intended, it should've come with some kind of heads up in the description.
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taysa wrote: »
    If it was intended, it should've come with some kind of heads up in the description.

It does.

It says "Head marking" on the top left corner. That means it will replace any other head marking equiped.

This is not like, for example, the Midyear Victor's Laurel Wreath, which despite being a hat, doesn't behave like a hat. That one is clearly bugged.
    Edited by Marto on September 27, 2017 7:07PM
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At the very least you need to be able to preview these items if you're buying them with the gems. Can you?

• bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voxicity wrote: »

"Wrip-off" :D
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They are a rip-off (and I think @SaintieClaws spelling is cute!) and I don't buy them. I gave them a chance when they first came out and all it did was confirm my opinion.

• bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

They are a rip-off (and I think @SaintieClaws spelling is cute!) and I don't buy them. I gave them a chance when they first came out and all it did was confirm my opinion.

Maybe we should rename this section to "Bug Wreports".
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure, why not? I realize a lot of people don't get Saintie Claws khajiit humor but I agreed with her sentiment and joined her little campaign against the gamble boxes which have just gotten worse and worse. Remember when they told us they were just going to have special mounts and discontinued store costumes so you could "have a second chance" at them? And that cosmetics would remain available for outright purchase? And then almost instantly started putting all kinds of unique pets and cosmetics in them?

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure, why not? I realize a lot of people don't get Saintie Claws khajiit humor but I agreed with her sentiment and joined her little campaign against the gamble boxes which have just gotten worse and worse. Remember when they told us they were just going to have special mounts and discontinued store costumes so you could "have a second chance" at them? And that cosmetics would remain available for outright purchase? And then almost instantly started putting all kinds of unique pets and cosmetics in them?

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sad that things (so far) don't overlay.

I have an Orsimer Battlemage that has the "burn scars" and I have long wished I could have done tattoos as well.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    I'm sad that things (so far) don't overlay.

I have an Orsimer Battlemage that has the "burn scars" and I have long wished I could have done tattoos as well.

I'm not quite sure why they can't seem to figure out their own layering schemes. It's super frustrating.

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marto wrote: »

It does.

It says "Head marking" on the top left corner. That means it will replace any other head marking equiped.

This is not like, for example, the Midyear Victor's Laurel Wreath, which despite being a hat, doesn't behave like a hat. That one is clearly bugged.

It's a face accessory. When it originally dropped, you could stack it with another face accessory, and the result with the crowns was actually pretty snazzy. Of course, they fixed that part, but it still shows up as a hat instead of an accessory.
  • Haruspex
    Haruspex
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason, which is probably related to this issue, my new Death Grin Skull Mask and Darlock Brae Beast Mask are removing my eyelashes (not the eyeshadow color though).
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haruspex wrote: »
    For some reason, which is probably related to this issue, my new Death Grin Skull Mask and Darlock Brae Beast Mask are removing my eyelashes (not the eyeshadow color though).

Now that we're talking about this I have heard of several cosmetics that remove something else. So apparently it's a system-wide flaw and they just aren't doing anything about it.

• Bloodtruffle
    Bloodtruffle
    ✭✭✭
    I was equally disappointed when Oracle Eyes couldn't be paired with facial hair. All Maormer men must go baby-faced, it seems. It's just very frustrating when you have this particular look you want to put across but hodge-podge design keeps it from happening. As Alexandria said, it's shoddy. Crown Crate purchases could never be as big as they can be, because people will think, "Man, I really like that new goatee, but I can't see my character going without his kohl eyeliner."

In my case, I guess I shouldn't be QQing because I'm making a race that isn't supported. But let's put it on more basic terms: "Should a blind man be able to have a beard?" I mean, I love Elder Scrolls, and this isn't going to have me up in arms. But it's something I would strongly encourage they improve.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was equally disappointed when Oracle Eyes couldn't be paired with facial hair. All Maormer men must go baby-faced, it seems.

Oh rats, never saw that one. I too tried to make "a Maomer"; I'll have to post another pic at some point..

here's an older one of her:

qEt3Ung.png

I really hope "oracle eyes" comes back. I could use it.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis