The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Oneshoted in low lvl pvp

gruncor
gruncor
Soul Shriven
The game says that from lvl 10 we can do pvp, but when entering BGs I take oneshot in 3s ... What exactly is the reason to release PVP in the low level if you do not have the minimum of balance?
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    at level 10 you are battle leveled up to give you higher health, mag, stam and recovery, so while you dont have as many skills available as the higher levels your damge is actually competative

but you still need to consider your resistances & react accordingly to certain mechanics

avoiding AoE's, blocking attacks, interupting enemies etc etc

if you could update us on what class you play, what weapon you currently use im sure i could link you to some advice that will benefit you

also its worth mentioning what platform & server you play on theres usually someone around who will be able to meet you in game & help you
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter what level you are, you will want different gear for fighting other players than you use in the open world. The biggest difference is that npc enemies can not critical strike against you, ever. By contrast, many PvP builds rely on crit for burst damage. If you are not running impenetrable trained gear to mitigate crit damage, or other high-mitigation gear/sets, you will get 1-shot a lot. This is true regardless of your level or your opponents'.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You probably went up against a long-time player's twinked-out alt. While leveling a DK a couple months ago, I did a fair number of the lower tiered BGs while using a set of blue training gear, and it was honestly pretty awful. If you're legitimately new and just using whatever you can find while leveling up, you're not going to stand a chance against the twinks.

Gold quality weapons make a huge difference in damage done, and I saw several of the lower leveled players hitting just as hard as anyone in the max level bracket does. There were a few specific twinks that I saw over and over and over again that would get 500-800k damage per match, while everyone else struggled to get more than 200k or so. Some of these twinked out players are actually pretty bad at the game (and had @ names that were totally unrecognizable, even though I played a LOT of max level BG games at the time), but you just can't compete against their damage if you're not willing to spend tens of thousands of gold; or even hundreds of thousands if you're planning to keep playing over a wide level range.

'Course, being level 10 means that most skills are going to be out of your reach, and that you're stuck with only 1 action bar. These handicaps mean that you're going to be well behind the curve even against non-twinks (though they generally won't be killing you as fast).
  • wyterice24b14_ESO
    wyterice24b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Rekt
    Happy Patch day!
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gruncor wrote: »
    The game says that from lvl 10 we can do pvp, but when entering BGs I take oneshot in 3s ... What exactly is the reason to release PVP in the low level if you do not have the minimum of balance?

Its common sense for every MMO from the last 20 years...

If you are a lvl 10 and go to a PvP zone, chances are that a Max Leveled/Geared player will kill you in less than 2 seconds... Nothing new there... As I said before, it have been like this for the last 20 years...
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scaling doesn't matter much at level 10, you just don't have enough of the passives and skills to be viable. And without CP pts its even harder. Solo/small scale when you're under leveled is real difficult. I suggest playing in Kyne or, if you have a decent amount of CP, going and zerging around and having fun in Vivec.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's probably because most of the people who play below 50 campaign or battle grounds aren't actually new players I had this problem when I first started to pvp at level 30 I would ask people what their gear was because they were so much stronger then me and 90% of them time they had purple gear with some having gold weapons while I only had blue stuff
    Edited by Mihael on October 9, 2017 4:47AM