The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

master merchant fine tuning

sdiaz3_ESO
sdiaz3_ESO
Soul Shriven
I've noticed some really inflated prices on some items on Master Merchant. Is there any way to ignore these prices? There is a setting in the add on options that seems to be exactly what I want but it does nothing. I know it does nothing, because I will find items with a lot of realistic prices and only 1 inflated price and the average is still extremely inflated.

Secondly, I believe the price MM recommends is the average price. Is that correct? Is there any way to change this? Or any addons that do this? For example, If I am selling a common mat and the average price is 200 gold. But the last sold price is 100 gold, can MM set the price to 100 gold. Or more ideally, is there a way for MM to detect if there are current auctions below the average price? So instead of telling me to sell at the average (200g) price, it can instead suggest 99. I am aware of TTC but I want something automated, so that it fills in the price for the auction automatically.
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    Yes there is supposed to be an option to ignore outliers....doesn't seem to work too well.

I'd like to see a moving average in the chart...maybe using the last 4-5 prices.

You have to look at the price history and see the pattern.

With some glyphs I sell...the price was pretty stable for a while...then some ??? sold a couple at really low prices....

When I see this I usually ignore it...keep selling at the original price more or less.

There are some inflated prices in some guilds for whatever reason...no discernable reason for selling something at 2xs what it sells for on similar guilds. Also very low prices at times. Side deals going on?

I know nutting....
  • sdiaz3_ESO
    sdiaz3_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    ok so I looked at the code and it looks like it's computing a weighted average. The algorithm is better than I thought, but I think it can be improved for some corner cases. I'll hack at if I have time.
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    I think MM only shows what stuff sells for...not offering prices. You would only be shooting yourself in the foot if the most recent offering was at 10G for a 200 G item?

Stuff sometimes sells real high...sometimes real low. The weighted avg keeps you from trying to sell real high...not really going to happen unless you have a side deal going...also it keeps you from selling real low....which will happen at your loss.

A weighted avg IS a moving avg...it's just not graphed?

I think the outliers have too much influence on the price shown....using too few prices to calculate the avg?
    Edited by erliesc on October 7, 2017 10:02PM
    I know nutting....