The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Mathiisen manor - 11 windows missing!

Aethereal'Golden
Aethereal'Golden
✭✭✭
I really hope ZOS will fix that one day. I've never noticed before how much windows we are missing in the Mathiisen manor - only 6 exists inside the first floor of the manor, while there are 17! inside. Second floor has only 4 windows inside, but at least it's the same amount as outside.
So 11 windows are missing!
And owners know well that many big rooms inside are gloomy as a cave - not like an Altmer home at all :(

Here is the list:
7 of them (№№ 1 2 5 6 7 10 11) can be returned easily (?)
But other (№№ 3 4 8 9) are replaced with fireplace somehow, so well, let it be.

Here is a view of rooms as if windows were here as planned. I'm really awaiting for the fix! Or, at least item type 'window' as a furniture to add(

1_and_11_inside_mathiisen_manor.jpg
1_2.jpg
2_inside_mathiisen_manor.jpg
3_inside_mathiisen_manor_chimney.jpg
3_outside_mathiisen_manor_chimney.jpg
4_inside_mathiisen_manor_chimney.jpg
4_5_6_7_8_outside_mathiisen_manor_chimney.jpg
5_6_7_inside_mathiisen_manor.jpg
8_inside_mathiisen_manor_chimney.jpg
9_inside_mathiisen_manor_chimney.jpg
9_outside_mathiisen_manor_chimney.jpg
10_inside_mathiisen_manor.jpg
10_11.jpg
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Take a look at Daggerfall Overlook, Mathiisen is perfect in comparison. The inside is completely different to the outside. Sadly this is a thing with a lot of houses and I don't understand why you would do it, I mean it's not much work to make it align properly.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The evidence suggests that these are not windows, merely decorations which imitate the form and some of the functions of windows.

Typical snobbish High Elf over-elaboration - why have a crude hole in the wall when you can have a gracefully designed magical decoration instead.

PC EU
  • Aethereal'Golden
    Aethereal'Golden
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, some kind of mistake - only 6 exists inside the first floor of the manor, while there are 17 OUTside. Obviously...

However, Overlook rooms at least have windows! Even if you wish to decorate magically Mathiisen space - I try - you'll probably think "nothing can replace windows here". 11 windows... that's a headache for interior designers.
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that in Strident Springs Demesne. The windows on the outside are missing on the inside.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »
    I noticed that in Strident Springs Demesne. The windows on the outside are missing on the inside.

Not to mention that the layout is completely different.

This is a problem with almost every house. It's a function of housing interiors being a separate instance in Elder Scrolls games.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LOL, ZOS....no! :smiley:
  • Aethereal'Golden
    Aethereal'Golden
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, but when there is no window at all in a huge room... upsetting.
    And yes, we even can see sun-bubble. Designers wanted to place a window here. But something went wrong...

20170925131306_1.jpg
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    Housing makes me claustrophobic without 'real windows' :)
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The evidence suggests that these are not windows, merely decorations which imitate the form and some of the functions of windows.

Typical snobbish High Elf over-elaboration - why have a crude hole in the wall when you can have a gracefully designed magical decoration instead.

Secret rooms. Built by a Hlaalu, I'm sure.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    a-wizard-did-it-know-your-meme.jpg
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a common problem with houses in this game unfortunately. If you're lucky it's "just" windows in the wrong places, if you're unlucky entire rooms/floors are missing (like Amaya Lake Lodge or Hakkvild's High Hall).

You could always get Autumns Gate, which actually has 4 more windows inside than outside, including 2 that should be inside walls.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You better don't check the Nord mansion...