The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Allow Master Crafters The Ability To Change Gear Style

Kildayen
Kildayen
✭✭✭✭✭
Pretty please? I'm sitting here sampling all of the different styles available in the crown store and some of them look really awesome, but I would probably never use them because most of the gear I wear drops from npcs/dungeons/trials. Why have such awesome looking styles available but not allow us to customize our characters with them because they are for player made gear only? Please let us customize our looks by adding this feature. There are so many more motifs I would purchase if I could change my look. Being limited to just gear we can craft kinda stinks.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom - Anything in the works for the future? Especially since you are now allowing us to change our traits. I think this would be an awesome reward for those of us who took the time to become Master Crafters.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old news. Zos has already stated they are working on it. iirc they reaffirmed this after announcing trait change for this next update.
  • Kildayen
    Kildayen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Old news. Zos has already stated they are working on it. iirc they reaffirmed this after announcing trait change for this next update.

I hope so. I bring this subject up every few months hoping for some movement on it.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sigh another "purpose of crafting is to makes drops better" feature.

They should rename equipment crafting to "alterations" and leave "crafting" as the label for consumable where, you know, you make stuff mostly.

Well at least we hope crafting will be involved in the transmog
    Edited by STEVIL on September 24, 2017 7:39PM
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• wesmont65
    wesmont65
    ✭✭

I have a question here though. I am a stamdk wearing medium armor, on the other hand I really like the ebony robe. If this system will be implemented in the future will I be able to convert my medium spriggan's chest to the ebony robe or it will be limited only to medium ebony?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wesmont65 wrote: »

I have a question here though. I am a stamdk wearing medium armor, on the other hand I really like the ebony robe. If this system will be implemented in the future will I be able to convert my medium spriggan's chest to the ebony robe or it will be limited only to medium ebony?

We're still pretty far away from rollout of the transmog system ... so no details at this point from ZOS.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope that the transmog system will be open to more players that the transmute system. As it is now, unless you run end-game content or do pretty regular PvP, you're essentially locked out of this system. Granted, if you don't run end-game content or PvP, you don't necessarily need this system, since crafted sets or dropped sets in non-ideal traits are perfectly fine for overworld PvE and questing.

But, since transmog is only about appearance, I'm hopeful they won't make it as limiting as the transmute system and that your crafting level/knowledge will have more of an impact. It'd be great if it were a reward for being a master crafter, but then they'd have to define what that means. I suspect, though, that it'll be a grind locked behind the crafting system, in that you'll have a chance of the special material you'll need dropping from the writ rewards and will need a lot of it for one style change (in addition to the style material of the new style and knowledge of the style). Plus, you'll need WVs for the special station, of which there won't be a freebie sitting around.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JaneDoe

I like your idea but I wouldn't be in favor of totally shutting out non-crafters from transmog. Maybe if the system rewarded transmog "points" on a graduated scale based on trait research or motif knowledge (or both).

Don't disagree that master crafters need more rewards ... transmog is certainly an area within their expertise.
  • Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    AND..... would this stop people spending money on costumes in the crown store?? Probably.