The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Long range, defensive, keep archer setup.

Casul
Casul
✭✭✭✭✭
I wanna make a build that uses focus aim and is designed to target enemies of the back seige lines.

Quick question.

Do...

Propelling shield
Battle spirit
Focus aim
Reach (assault passive)

All stack?
PvP needs more love.

Best Answer

• SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah. Or used to.
    Answer ✓
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome. That'll teach those seige lines hiding way back. Run something like 5 Hunding, 3 agility, 1 veli, 1 kena.
    PvP needs more love.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can run the eagle eye set for even bigger range (not sure if there is cap). It is 3 piece set with +3m (you will lose chunk of damage tho).

Also by your signature I assume it is console. So if anyone is reading this, dont even try this on PC lol. People will know you are shooting at them before you actually shoot.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    You can run the eagle eye set for even bigger range (not sure if there is cap). It is 3 piece set with +3m (you will lose chunk of damage tho).

Also by your signature I assume it is console. So if anyone is reading this, dont even try this on PC lol. People will know you are shooting at them before you actually shoot.

Hmm even better. Maybe I can make up for damage loss by running all the fighter guild skills and bird of prey. That would be a huge buff in damage. Hmm.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭

For anyone reading this who are wondering why: MIATS
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I have a pvp archer build and yes they stack. It's a lethal strategy. Because the current meta is to use stupid ballistas for every dang wall, enemy siege is almost always within bow range.

There is a distance hard cap on all abilities...I forget what it is. Stacking the max buffs on bow is probably right under or right over the cap.

I run marksman, Hawks eye and 1 kragh. In a keep defend situation where I want to hit someone in the back, my rotation is rally, merciless resolve (nightblade), propel shield, magelight (for might of the guild passive), focus aim. There will almost always be siege engines in my range, and that rotation on a sieger will crit for 16k+.

Of course, there are strategies for boosting that if there are enemies running around in light attack range. If I can get several lights in right before magelight the snipe can crit for over 20k.

My friend runs a similar build...his jewelry slots are Hawks eye. He carries eagle eye stuff around to flip to 5 marks, 3 eagle, 2 Hawks, 1 kragh sometimes to get more distance. I find this a bit laborious...it's rare to have enemies only in that 3 meter sweet spot.

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gan Xing wrote: »

For anyone reading this who are wondering why: MIATS

So glad i play console. No add-on's telling me to cc-break or dodge-roll "now". Or tell you how many players are around you in stealth. All that takes away from the game. Not to mention no cheat-engine.

Still waiting on "the big pvp balance patch" that will come out later next century though.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Yes, I have a pvp archer build and yes they stack. It's a lethal strategy.

spamming focused aim a strategy? smh

• Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barbaran wrote: »
    Yes, I have a pvp archer build and yes they stack. It's a lethal strategy.

spamming focused aim a strategy? smh

With you on this one mate.
    I didnt think roleplayers/pve'ers liked pvp?
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it is the spam that's the strategy. I think it's the fact that it's nearly 60 meter of range. I was hitting for 12k crits on some people and they just couldn't get away.
    PvP needs more love.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Barbaran When I kill with focus aim, I'm actually using six abilities. Just because your death report only shows FA as the damage doesn't mean that I'm not using other skills to kill you. plus the strategy involved in this play technique requires positioning, timing, target identification.

And if this isn't a strategy, a stupid sorc standing there casting shield-curse-shield-curse-shield-curse-shield-curse-shield-curse isn't a strategy either.
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Barbaran When I kill with focus aim, I'm actually using six abilities. Just because your death report only shows FA as the damage doesn't mean that I'm not using other skills to kill you. plus the strategy involved in this play technique requires positioning, timing, target identification.

And if this isn't a strategy, a stupid sorc standing there casting shield-curse-shield-curse-shield-curse-shield-curse-shield-curse isn't a strategy either.

any skill spamming at the back of a zerg is not stratigy.
    ive never run into a 1v1 where someone can use FA where it does not get them killed.
    i can stand at the back of a zerg and spam poison inject while others tag them with skills with this logic.
    6 skills meaning buffs, is still spamming snipe.
    get into an actual fight with a skilled pvper man to man and let me know how spamming snipe does for you
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭

ive never run into a 1v1 where someone can use FA where it does not get them killed.
    i can stand at the back of a zerg and spam poison inject while others tag them with skills with this logic.
    get into an actual fight with a skilled pvper man to man and let me know how spamming snipe does for you

good luck with that... this guy's playstyle is basically to not engage until he is in the position to do so. I've played in small group PVP where we had 2 of a group of 6 who played like this. If they see the tides turning, they ditch, set up camp, or otherwise wait for the enemy to leave, and come and rez.
    Odin banker - obv banker

• Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭

good luck with that... this guy's playstyle is basically to not engage until he is in the position to do so. I've played in small group PVP where we had 2 of a group of 6 who played like this. If they see the tides turning, they ditch, set up camp, or otherwise wait for the enemy to leave, and come and rez.

But any nightblade could play that style and use "both" bars. If your group has snipe spammers, should help them out and give them hints on other skills to use and add on. Make their game more fun and give you a more functional group member ;)
    Edited by Bhaal5 on October 4, 2017 3:06AM
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well snipe has never been effective in 1v1 or toe to toe fights, so why should he?
    EU | PC
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »

Well snipe has never been effective in 1v1 or toe to toe fights, so why should he?

I would beg to differ. I had a guildie who was able to one shot people from snipe. He was a nightblade, and this was in the time when a lot of people were vamps and fighter's guild abilities were useful.
    Odin banker - obv banker

• SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »

I would beg to differ. I had a guildie who was able to one shot people from snipe. He was a nightblade, and this was in the time when a lot of people were vamps and fighter's guild abilities were useful.

Glorious days of Camouflaged hunter. It was so good (and sometimes bugged) ZoS decided it should be trash now to repent for the sins