Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Training trait - Does it still affect skill lines or just character levels?

MercTheMage
MercTheMage
✭✭✭✭
I assume it would affect skill lines, since they advance by gaining exp with a skill or gear item from the line slotted, and training is giving you more exp in general...
Can anyone confirm plz?
Edited by MercTheMage on August 9, 2016 5:18PM
You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the Exp counts towards Skills, and Skill lines that govern those skills (as long as you have the skills slotted) along with Character leveling.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Yes, the Exp counts towards Skills, and Skill lines that govern those skills (as long as you have the skills slotted) along with Character leveling.

Awesome, thank you! :smile:
    Edited by MercTheMage on August 9, 2016 5:19PM
  • JetLife2985
    Can someone tell me if there is a vendor that sells armor with these traits? I just want quick easy set of this armor to assist my training.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just ran a character through from level 8 to level 50 with training trait on all armour and weapons and think it only increased my XP accumulation rate. I may be wrong but I did not really notice the skill lines progressing any quicker than the other 5 characters I had previously leveled up without the training trait.

As per a lot of the tool tips, the descriptions aren't really that great that you know 100% what it does.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone tell me if there is a vendor that sells armor with these traits? I just want quick easy set of this armor to assist my training.

@JetLife2985
    Honestly dude, I think your best bet is just asking a crafter.
    I think (Note: "THINK") regular armor vendors might sell 'em cause I vaguely recall seeing a training staff at one in my early eso days.
    That being said, the regular armor you can buy from NPCs isn't worth it, it's kinda expensive. At least compared to how much it would be if you asked a crafter.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Many of the armor lying around fighters guild has training. Easy to find a crafter I think.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it work for alliance war skill line?
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Does it work for alliance war skill line?

I doubt it, the assault and support skill lines increase by earning AP and alliance war ranks.
    Really tedious too if you're like me and you don't pvp often lol
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has this been changed? I'm hearing that Training now affects XP from kills, period and is no longer limited to the skill tree's it's applied to.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has this been changed? I'm hearing that Training now affects XP from kills, period and is no longer limited to the skill tree's it's applied to.

@SteveCampsOut

The Training Trait is now only boosting Exp from Kills, not from Quests. However Exp still counts towards Character and Skill Leveling and Skill Line leveling as before, with any slotted skills at the time of the kill. It does not raise skills that are not slotted.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

@SteveCampsOut

The Training Trait is now only boosting Exp from Kills, not from Quests. However Exp still counts towards Character and Skill Leveling and Skill Line leveling as before, with any slotted skills at the time of the kill. It does not raise skills that are not slotted.

This. If you're going to rock training armor, then just make sure that you're grinding an area with a high enemy density, instead of working on finishing quests.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Go to any crafting station and you will see exactly what mats are needed to make it. Collect or buy those mats and the upgrade tempers (2 green, 3 blue). You should be able to find someone in zone or in your guild who will make it relatively cheap if you provide the mats, or perhaps even free.