The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Warden Bull Netch vs Bird of Prey

srswingalot
srswingalot
Soul Shriven
So I'm looking around for a good build for a 2-hander Warden and most of them have BoP slotted instead of Bull. Why is that? For starters, Bull is free and last for 27 seconds vs 10 for BoP, they both have stamina regen. True, BoP has a bit better regen than Bull, but you're looking at 20% damage boost for weapon and spell damage vs 8%damage. Is there just something I'm not seeing on this?
Thanks!!!
  • srswingalot
    srswingalot
    Soul Shriven
    Sorry. One more thing I'd like to point out in favor of Bull is the heal you get from Bond with nature passive in the Animal Companions tree. It is basically a free heal for as much as 2 K if it crits and you can spam Bull constantly to heal really quickly.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most people running 2 hand use rally for the major brutality buff, but more importantly the heal it gives. If you run rally with bird of prey you will get 28% damage buff, a great heal, major expedition, and major endurance.

For pve you could get away without rally and use netch, but for pvp you really want that heal so I'd recommend rally and bop.
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's because the netch doesn't come with a satisfying "SKREEEeee" and wing flaps. (Also, stamina recovery. Everyone loves recovery right now.)

Buffs can come from all kind of sources, and buffs of the same type and strength don't stack. So people might find it's more convenient to sacrifice one nice ability if they can get its benefit elsewhere and fill the slot with something else.

So the netch might be taken off the bar if they can use the two-handed skill Momentum instead. Or they might just stock up on weapon power potions. Which also means if you prefer Bull Netch, there are other ways to get Major Expedition, Major Endurance, and Minor Berserk besides slotting Bird of Prey. It really comes down to what works best with your build.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    Most people running 2 hand use rally for the major brutality buff, but more importantly the heal it gives. If you run rally with bird of prey you will get 28% damage buff, a great heal, major expedition, and major endurance.

For pve you could get away without rally and use netch, but for pvp you really want that heal so I'd recommend rally and bop.

That is not how it works, the major brutality from rally is a 20% increase in weapon damage, not overall damage unlike the minor berserk from bird of prey, which is a stright 8% increase in overall damage.

The long and the short of it is bird of prey is too short of duration to be useful as a buff, needs to be a 20 second duration to be a DPS increase.

The sustain you get from the next and bird of prey is different, bird of prey is major endurance, the same buff you get from pots and the Stam return from netch is a fixed number, 4029 over 25 seconds. Which is like 322 regen.

Personally, I would use netch over prey for sustain, cause my do has really low regen any, around 1k usually and you need 1.6k for major endurance to beat netch in Stam regen, not to mention pots give the same buff.

I would also use netch for the extra 2% damage done passive over rally, at least in pve, you don't need the extra heals usually for two reasons, lotus blossom is amazing and you really ought to be running it and wardens have access to the only Stam burst heal the game.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on October 5, 2017 5:55AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the most important reason to run Bull:. Stam Regen while blocking.

With SnB being arguably BiS, Bull hands down
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bird of prey buffs proc sets, netch doesn't. With the right skill lineup and CP you can easily get a 17k selenes.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both, but if I have to leave one behind, it's going to be netch, because I can't get minor berserk from potions, and mobility high mobility is something I value. I can get major brutality from just about anything.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    Bird of prey buffs proc sets, netch doesn't. With the right skill lineup and CP you can easily get a 17k selenes.

K?

Bull procs overwhelming, engine guardian, etc... I can't think of something Bird O Prey will proc that bull won't (well now I can think of something like Spectre... Lol)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    If you run rally with bird of prey you will get 28% damage buff, a great heal, major expedition, and major endurance.

This is incorret. You will get a 20% weapon damage boost and an 8% boost to your damage done.

Weapon damage and Damage done are 2 very different things.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade