The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cannot load character that is still in original Wailing Prison tutorial area

Z4231
Z4231
Soul Shriven
A character I have on XB1 in the Wailing Prison tutorial will not load. I have been on the loading screen for an hour and it keeps saying unusually long wait time. Is this a bug, and how do I fix it?

Thank you
Eternally Imprisoned

Best Answer

• JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should open a support ticket. They probably need to reset the character or at least move it.
    Answer ✓
  • Z4231
    Z4231
    Soul Shriven
    Bump
  • Z4231
    Z4231
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you. I just submitted one. Now to wait for a responce.
  • Z4231
    Z4231
    Soul Shriven
    Support told me to delete the game save data on the console and then hold the Xbox button down for 10 seconds. This didn't work so they will have to look into it further.
  • nexxus_ESO
    nexxus_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve got a character on xb na in exactly the same position!
  • Z4231
    Z4231
    Soul Shriven
    Support ended up just pushing the character out of the tutorial area because nothing else worked. They said that this might cause the main quest to not be available. I haven't checked if it did. This is what support told me.

"I understand you are concerned about your character and I'll will do my best to provide every question. Moving out your character is optional, however, there may be a Bug where you will not proceed the Main Quest unfortunately. If you like to have the Main Quest, the only way you can do is to create a new character to continue the Main Quest. Also, your character is not locked up, it must be a Bug that occur during your loading screen.

For this, we ask your option what you want to do with your character, either move your character out with no Main Quest or create a new character to proceed the Main Quest. Please let us know in a reply mail! We're eager to read it, and hopefully knock this problem out, for good!"
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder what MQ they are talking about, Morrowind or the Original one?

Also, there is a skill point you get during the tutorial, that might be lost to you. Although it is one point, some people take issue with that.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/374410/skillpoint-from-morrowind-tutorial-unobtainable-for-toons-created-before-morrowind-change-please

If its the original MQ, put your character into Zone one for your Alliance (Stonefalls, Auridon or Glenumbra in the main city there, you should be bothered by someone about the quest
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"