The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Jyggalag

TheArchMagister
TheArchMagister
Soul Shriven
Hey,
I know his name has been mentioned on the forums before, but I would really love to see this Daedric Prince come to life in ESO!! It would be cool to have access to his realm, and his library! And to shake hands with his Chamberlin, Dyus of Mytheria - whom knows 'everything'.
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought Jyggalag is just an earlier form of Sheogorath, who is already prominent in ESO.
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jyggalag can only appear at the end of a mortal era, which isn't for another 300~ years.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    Froil wrote: »
    Jyggalag can only appear at the end of a mortal era, which isn't for another 300~ years.

Despite the Greymarch in Oblivion lining up pretty well with the end of the Third Era, the Eras in the Shivering Isles are most likely not dependant on the mortal Eras.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jyggalag doesn't currently exist right now, he is Sheogorath. His realm has been entirely corrupted into the Shivering Isles, so you won't see that (other than in the form of the Isles). And Dyus is till locked in the closet, and wont be let out until the 3rd-4th Era. So I'd say your chances are about 0 to none.

Despite the Greymarch in Oblivion lining up pretty well with the end of the Third Era, the Eras in the Shivering Isles are most likely not dependant on the mortal Eras.

There are no "Eras" specific to Daedric realms. The Greymarch is based on the mortal eras.
  • TheArchMagister
    TheArchMagister
    Soul Shriven
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    Jyggalag doesn't currently exist right now, he is Sheogorath. His realm has been entirely corrupted into the Shivering Isles, so you won't see that (other than in the form of the Isles). And Dyus is till locked in the closet, and wont be let out until the 3rd-4th Era. So I'd say your chances are about 0 to none.

There are no "Eras" specific to Daedric realms. The Greymarch is based on the mortal eras.

Cool!
    But anything is possible, given the circumstances of how ESO is going... who knows we could "go back in time" (that has already happened a lot in ESO) when an era was ending and prevent something from happening in the present.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But anything is possible...

Nope.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But anything is possible...
    Nope.

^This
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But anything is possible, given the circumstances of how ESO is going... who knows we could "go back in time" (that has already happened a lot in ESO) when an era was ending and prevent something from happening in the present.

Something that would require meddling with the timeline on that scale would require at least its own DLC to do well, and as we've already got three Daedric Princes on our plates who haven't gotten much screen time before this it's very unlikely they'd do that. Add to that Sheogorath already has a strong presence in the Mage's Guild questline...don't hold your breath for Jyggalag.

Dyus has slightly better odds; being immortal and an easy source of both information and prophecy, as well as an easy-to-insert cameo, he will probably show up IF we ever get a DLC in the Shivering Isles. (But, again, we currently have three other Daedric Princes clamoring for screen time who have been waiting for their plotlines to start for over a year. Don't expect a visit to the Isles any time soon...)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least we can be glad with short hint of him being Jyggalag that only those who know lore would understand. I mean one of his dialogue at end of mage guild questline.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    I disagree. Mortal eras are bound by Time, and Time is regulated by Akatosh. Akatosh has no sway over the flow of time in Daedric realms. Based on Yngvar's "research", an "Era" on the Shivering Isles is 1000 years, and that coincidentally lined up with the end of the Tamrielic Third Era.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slightly off-topic, but what I found strange was that Sheogorath in ESO has 'blind' eyes like he has in Skyrim, which I thought was meant to imply that the Sheogorath you meet in Skyrim was the PC from Oblivion (a nod to the "I'll pluck out your eyes!" line), whereas in Oblivion he has yellow cat-like eyes.
    Anyone else notice this?
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slightly off-topic, but what I found strange was that Sheogorath in ESO has 'blind' eyes like he has in Skyrim, which I thought was meant to imply that the Sheogorath you meet in Skyrim was the PC from Oblivion (a nod to the "I'll pluck out your eyes!" line), whereas in Oblivion he has yellow cat-like eyes.
    Anyone else notice this?

Okay, here goes:

Nominally the games are assumed to take place in chronological order. That is to say, ESO is the first, Redguard is the second, Arena, Daggerfall + Battlespire, Morrowind, Oblivion, long gap, and Skryim, with mobile phone games getting sprinkled in as appropriate.

Makes sense, it's logical. Legends doesn't fit anywhere because it's a card game, and doesn't have time for your pesky continuity. But, CCGs can be like that sometimes.

Except, the Daedra aren't, exactly, bound by time the way most mortals perceive it. This means they may not be experiencing the game in chronological order, but in release order. Sheogorath has a few stray lines that don't really make sense unless you look at it from this perspective, and of course Hermaeus Mora has no qualms about sprinkling books from other eras across the map, and cackling as the mortals try to comprehend what they've found.

Now, having said that, the daedric princes do transcend time, somewhat, and it is quite possible they simply stick their noses into the mortal world whenever they feel like it, without necessarily experiencing the games in any set order.

But, it is entirely possible the Sheogorath you encounter in ESO is, in fact, the Hero of Kvatch.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see a chapter for Shivering Isles in the future, Sheogorath is by far the best character created by TES

jyggalag__prince_of_order_by_rono22-d2riy5b.jpg

IS

acbf920e6a1c2ce2f82209a56ca33046--the-elder-scrolls-artsy-fartsy.jpg
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else notice this?

Okay, here goes:

Nominally the games are assumed to take place in chronological order. That is to say, ESO is the first, Redguard is the second, Arena, Daggerfall + Battlespire, Morrowind, Oblivion, long gap, and Skryim, with mobile phone games getting sprinkled in as appropriate.

Makes sense, it's logical. Legends doesn't fit anywhere because it's a card game, and doesn't have time for your pesky continuity. But, CCGs can be like that sometimes.

Except, the Daedra aren't, exactly, bound by time the way most mortals perceive it. This means they may not be experiencing the game in chronological order, but in release order. Sheogorath has a few stray lines that don't really make sense unless you look at it from this perspective, and of course Hermaeus Mora has no qualms about sprinkling books from other eras across the map, and cackling as the mortals try to comprehend what they've found.

Now, having said that, the daedric princes do transcend time, somewhat, and it is quite possible they simply stick their noses into the mortal world whenever they feel like it, without necessarily experiencing the games in any set order.

But, it is entirely possible the Sheogorath you encounter in ESO is, in fact, the Hero of Kvatch.

Makes sense, pesky mortal comprehension of time!
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC