Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Your Biggest Lore Wishes?

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
What would you like to see that is exciting to lore nerds? Personally I would love to see all the daedric princes in one room argueing over the politics of oblivion. Alternatively I'd like to see the Tribunal together ingame to see how a conversation between them would go, or maybe to stop a great threat.
Edited by Aliyavana on February 8, 2019 4:35AM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like a flashback quest or three for Savirien-Chorak or his father Versidue-Shaie. :smiley:
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like a flashback quest or three for Savirien-Chorak or his father Versidue-Shaie. :smiley:

Oh my. That would be......awesome.
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flashforward quest to the fall (literal) of Crystal Tower during the Oblivion Crisis.
    Edited by Number_51 on October 3, 2017 6:27PM
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to have a quest to find Daedra artifacts for the mages guild or finally have a quest of the rise of the Vampire Lord.
    Edited by Inhuman003 on October 3, 2017 7:01PM
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This, I need confirmation on what Tsaesci actually look like. Other than that, underwater questing in Thras, anyone?
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love for Port Telvannis to make an official appearance.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flash forward to Skyrim and get that enchanted Dawnguard Cross Bow, then PvP will be fun :trollface:
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon invasion in every Era. Doesn't even have to be an invasion. Just dragons chilling everywhere.
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    A visit to the continent of Lyg with lore perhaps of the Magna Ge named Xero-Lyg who was mentioned in the Exegesis of Merid-Nunda lore book

… were known as the Nine Coruscations, who followed the parabolas that led away from Magnus. Merid-Nunda was of these Sisters, as was Mnemo-Li, as was Xero-Lyg, as was …."

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Lyg
    Edited by Eporem on October 5, 2017 11:32AM
  • Trainwiz
    Trainwiz
    ✭✭
    Dreugh and Reman era technology.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Seeing how they messed up Sadryth Mora i wouldn´t like to see more Telvanni territories. Better wait till next TES, avoiding the disapointment of visitng a poor MMO recreation of that area, with flesh towers and who knows what else. Also i´m sure it would be too small, and pretty anti-Telvanni (don´t know why they hate us so much... ;) ).
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    id like to know more about the other continent(s)
  • AtAfternoon
    AtAfternoon
    ✭✭✭
    Info about Duskfall and what caused it.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seeing how they messed up Sadryth Mora i wouldn´t like to see more Telvanni territories. Better wait till next TES, avoiding the disapointment of visitng a poor MMO recreation of that area, with flesh towers and who knows what else. Also i´m sure it would be too small, and pretty anti-Telvanni (don´t know why they hate us so much... ;) ).

From a realistic perspective, I am in agreeance. Sadrith Mora was disappointing, as were the other Telvanni locations. In the questline, the politically correct stance against House Telvanni was truly disheartening, yet there remains in me a sliver of hope. This hope is that they will realize their mistakes and improve and reinvent the design as they have done in the past. It is also that they will make an unbiased or even pro-slavery questline that captures Telvanni ideals. The base game's Daedric armor was disappointing, but the concept has been improved with Imperial City's Xivkyn armor and the upcoming Morrowind-themed design worn by Clockwork City's Divayth Fyr. With enough support, it is possible that they will develop a true Telvanni aesthetic for the new zone, although it is unrealistic to hope that they would change any previously released areas.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Greifenherz
    Greifenherz
    ✭✭✭
    My biggest lore wish is for them to fix the way Senches are portrayed in the game. *sagenod*
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    To know for certain if Nirn was created from two of the previous worlds mentioned in the Anuad Paraphrased or not :)
    Edited by Eporem on October 8, 2017 1:15PM
  • BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    This hope is that they will realize their mistakes and improve and reinvent the design as they have done in the past. It is also that they will make an unbiased or even pro-slavery questline that captures Telvanni ideals. .

Except they do give us the Telvanni viewpoint a view times, and it's your typical claptrap about how the superior race SHOULD tame those gosh darned savages stuff. White man's burden claptrap.

I mean seriously, do you propose they follow it up with an "unbiased or even pro-child beating storyline"?
    Edited by BrianDavion on October 10, 2017 8:45PM
  • Chackan
    Chackan
    ✭✭
    The City of Umbriel!

I'm reading the novels right now and maaan, would that make a magnificent new DLC\Chapter!
  • Kajuratus
    Kajuratus
    ✭✭✭
    2 main wishes of mine:

1. If we ever go to mainland Summerset, I want Alinor to be the glass city that was described in PGE 1. Auridon looks very nice, but compared to the mainland it should look dull. Heres a quote from the PGE, remembering that this was written in 2E 864
    A forbidden city for nearly fifty years, Alinor is both capital of the Summerset Isles and the heart of the Aldmeri Dominion. Human traders were only allowed at its ports, and they described the city as "made from glass or insect wings." Less fantastic accounts come from the Imperial emissaries of the Reman Dynasty, which describe the city as straight and glimmering, "a hypnotic swirl of ramparts and impossibly high towers, designed to catch the light of the sun and break it to its component colors, which lies draped across its stones until you are thankful for nightfall."
    They can use the Altmer architecture we see on Auridon for the docks and ports to contrast with the beautiful imagery at the center of the city.

2. More Khajiit breeds to be included in the game. As of right now, we have Suthay-Raht (supposedly) as every Khajiit NPC (bar 3) and the only playable furstock, and the Mane as an NPC, who looks just like any other NPC Khajiit. Smaller and taller heights would be all thats needed for Suthay, Cathay and Cathay-Raht (or maybe another skeleton, unless digitigrade feet aren't what distinguishes furstocks, who knows). I'd also like to see more four-legged breeds like the Alfiq, Pahmar and Senche. The models are already there for Alfiq and Pahmar, given that they respectively look like housecats and tigers. The Senche breeds would definitely need their own skeleton and animation though, as they have been described as having longer front legs than back legs, giving them an ape-like appearance.
    Edited by Kajuratus on October 12, 2017 8:53PM
    So the Dark Elves have weird alien architecture, where people live in mushroom towers and the shell of a giant crab, but the High Elves, the pinnacle of technology, the most magically advanced race in Tamriel, are still stuck in slightly pretty, fairly tall stone buildings? Not even a hint of a glass city? Are stainless glass windows really enough to claim that a city is made of glass?
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should make lore more accessible and modernizne the whole lore system. For example, since going through the game, reading books, interrogating NPCs etc. is very tedious and completely against the current trends of pay-to-skip, they should introduce some Lore Crates to the Crown Store that players would buy, get some common lore and have some small chance to get an epic lore.
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fixing inconsistencies in ES lore.
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • Dystopia2020
    Dystopia2020
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to go back in time and witness what actually happened to the Dwemer, or have a quest that where you uncover new info. An Ayleid flashback story line would be another big wish.
    Apotheosis Priori~ EP Altmer Vamplar
    Illumanatus Priori~ EP Altmer Mag Sorc
    Apostate Priori~ EP Altmer Mag DK
    Apostate De'Void~ (retired) AD Altmer crafter
    PC/ NA, Vivec
    This is the Spiral Skein. The tower is One. The strands are Eight. The lessons are Forever.
    "No really, I AM an Ayleid".
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I would love more expansion on the Umbra sword, because before skyrim events it was in the novels last. They are already expanding upon Clavicus vile with vvardenfell and with upcoming dlc.
    Edited by Armatesz on October 21, 2017 12:52PM
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Except they do give us the Telvanni viewpoint a view times, and it's your typical claptrap about how the superior race SHOULD tame those gosh darned savages stuff.

That's sorta generic Dunmer, leaning toward Dres, in my understanding. Telvanni would be more ... like Nietzsche.

One of my favorite descriptions of him says that he "rejected the idea of objective reality, arguing that knowledge is contingent and conditional, relative to various fluid perspectives or interests."

Now you add that to decades of decades of honing your magic......THAT's Telvanni. Other races - no so much worth any attention at all.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to learn more about the College of Winterhold pre-collapse. That was my favorite faction questline in Skyrim and I'd legit like to know more about it.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to learn more about vampires in eso
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Inval1d
    Inval1d
    ✭✭✭✭
    My biggest lore wish is for them to fix the way Senches are portrayed in the game. *sagenod*
    The senches we see in game are unrelated with the senches of the Ja-'Kha'jay.
    OFFICIAL ANSWER: Moon Bishop Hulan says, “Many hairless ones are confused by the term ‘senche,’ since we Khajiit use it to mean a variety of things. It is used as ‘senche’ and ‘senche-raht’ to refer to two of the seventeen distinct furstocks, or ‘breeds,’ of Khajiit. The senche-raht, in fact, are the largest of us! But we also use the term ‘senche-tiger’ to refer to our more catlike cousins of lesser sentience. Indeed, depending upon the appearance of these cousins, we might even call them ‘senche-leopards’ or ‘senche-panthers.’ So you see that the term ‘senche’ is very flexible indeed, as changeable as the Moons.”
    Edited by Inval1d on October 25, 2017 12:04PM
  • ankhor8
    ankhor8
    ✭✭✭
    Eporem wrote: »
    To know for certain if Nirn was created from two of the previous worlds mentioned in the Anuad Paraphrased or not :)

When people ask where breeds came from, i direct them to theses articles. Read read read.

I too would like to learn more about the wanderers and how their battlle lead to the Hist entering Nirn with them.
    Edited by ankhor8 on October 26, 2018 12:13PM
    Kota-Sax-Blood of True An-Xileel
    TrueAn-Xileel.guildlaunch.com
    Psn community page: An-Xileel
    Seth Salute
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inhuman003 wrote: »
    I would like to have a quest to find Daedra artifacts for the mages guild or finally have a quest of the rise of the Vampire Lord.
    I’d like Vampire Lord stuff, and I hope we can get some kind of vampire polymorph soon.

• Aristocles22
    Aristocles22
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see quest involving a priest of Julianos, a Altmer Sapiarch, and an Argonian Tree-Minder argue about philosophy in a quest. The sapiarch and tree-minder would be on opposite ends of the preservation-change spectrum, and the priest would be in the middle. The three of them wouldn't agree on much, but then the priest gives the player a quest to get some items needed to give the other two a vision showing them the folly of what they are asking for, by showing them a world in which they would get exactly what they want.

The Sapiarch would see an unchanging world in which nothing ever advances beyond its very earliest time. The Aldmer would never "degenerate" into other elven species and cultures, but they'd never advance past their earliest technology ("you can't improve on perfection!"). Hence, he would see elves living in huts and never even considering changing their ways. The Tree-Minder would see a world in which everything he holds sacred is lost, including a vision of Argonians chopping down their Hist Trees ("death is just another change!") in favor of an "altar of nothingness", which is little more than praying towards thin air. Both would realize that some preservation and some change are needed to live a good life.
    Edited by Aristocles22 on October 26, 2018 10:51PM