The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Has anyone else lead an opposing side zerg into another opposing side's zerg before

Armatesz
Armatesz
✭✭✭✭✭
This is something that has happened like 3 times for me in the past, although only one of those said times I survived by hiding. But anyways I was doing questing in pvp cyrodiil not quite close to Cheydinhal but I was heading back there and I saw a zerg of ebonhearts chasing me (I was daggerfall) so I kind of booked it in some random direction so that they could not figure where I was going. I think I must have been going south because along the way I believe I came across an upward incline and found some rock formations that were on the right side, I did a beeline to those rock formations and before I went up the hill I made sure they were chasing me and yes they were... I immediately noticed another zerg on the other side of the way up the top of the hill and immediately found those rock formations and kind of just went stealth as I watched one zerg fight another zerg. 3 or 5 minutes of fighting and the ad people killed the ebonheart zerg and then noticed they were reviving their allies and then they left... I was huddled up in my spot for about an hour before I decided it was safe to leave... and people say that trying to dye your armor/clothes to blend into your environment is useless... that and you also might want to obstruct your name tag from being seen. It is still kind of funny to lead one zerg into another and watch the one you were being chased by die at the hands of another zerg that did not know you were there.
Ärmätèsz
Xbox NA
Guildless (by choice)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    awesome story @Armatesz ...it's always great to watch the two other alliances fight in front of you - it just looks really cool...

even better if you can fore some abilities or siege weapons in to the action...

I love working siege from the inner keep while the two enemy factions fight it out below...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 25, 2017 6:25PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I could have done anything that would not have compromised my location, I honestly just wanted to get done with the questing part in cyrodiil, eventually did I believe the next day I think. Still kind of funny that so many people bash others for dyeing their armor to blend into the environment better.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armatesz wrote: »
    Has anyone else lead an opposing side zerg into another opposing side's zerg before
    I once was part of a large group scroll run. The scroll carrier turned out to be a traitor that lead our large group into an ambush by an equally large opposing group.
    How do i know he was a traitor? The other group shielded him from us during the whole fight that followed ...

And then there was that time when i was stuck in a castle that was being sieged by two opposing zergs (only two of us inside) and the other two factions continued to wipe each other in our courtyard for over an hour. We raked in a huge amount of AP just sitting there watching them slaughter each other over and over again.

post-2-1445282250.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on September 25, 2017 11:24PM
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh that is crazy, only times I ever would lead an opposing side is for helping them through skyshard runs or questing in the cyrodiil map. Nothing more than that as I would never consider doing that to players. Because I know how much a pain it is to do skyshardhunting or questing in pvp cyrodiil.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I could have done anything that would not have compromised my location, I honestly just wanted to get done with the questing part in cyrodiil, eventually did I believe the next day I think. Still kind of funny that so many people bash others for dyeing their armor to blend into the environment better.

As an opposing faction I also want to be able to the the towns missions without getting disturbed. I know it's a pvp zone but you should be able just to do the missions and to be left alone.
  • Scarlett_Princess
    Scarlett_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    Still kind of funny that so many people bash others for dyeing their armor to blend into the environment better.

In PvP, colouring your armor to match your surroundings doesn't do anything. When you change your settings to turn your nameplate off, that only turns it off from your own screen view, not everyone elses.

I see enemy nameplates, healthbars, and faction icons, up on the horizon well before I see their character shape.

The only effective way to hide from others is to stealth, and stay well away from an enemy detection radius.
    FACT: Haters don't really hate you. In fact, they hate themselves, because you're a reflection of what they wish to be.

~ Scarlett Princess | Aldmeri Dominion | Orc | Stamina Sorcerer ~

Aussie Player | PC | NA Server
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I mean is stuff that obscures nameplates, I had a few friends test it with me
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is something that has happened like 3 times for me in the past, although only one of those said times I survived by hiding. But anyways I was doing questing in pvp cyrodiil not quite close to Cheydinhal but I was heading back there and I saw a zerg of ebonhearts chasing me (I was daggerfall) so I kind of booked it in some random direction so that they could not figure where I was going. I think I must have been going south because along the way I believe I came across an upward incline and found some rock formations that were on the right side, I did a beeline to those rock formations and before I went up the hill I made sure they were chasing me and yes they were... I immediately noticed another zerg on the other side of the way up the top of the hill and immediately found those rock formations and kind of just went stealth as I watched one zerg fight another zerg. 3 or 5 minutes of fighting and the ad people killed the ebonheart zerg and then noticed they were reviving their allies and then they left... I was huddled up in my spot for about an hour before I decided it was safe to leave... and people say that trying to dye your armor/clothes to blend into your environment is useless... that and you also might want to obstruct your name tag from being seen. It is still kind of funny to lead one zerg into another and watch the one you were being chased by die at the hands of another zerg that did not know you were there.

I know it can be fun to watch however, it is even more fun to play. Give pvp a chance get with some people get a build & get a guild group and have fun. PVP is what is the best part of this game for me.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dutchessx wrote: »

I know it can be fun to watch however, it is even more fun to play. Give pvp a chance get with some people get a build & get a guild group and have fun. PVP is what is the best part of this game for me.

Totally. I took my first toon to lvl 40 before I went into cyrodiil. It was a pretty rough slog at first until I started running with groups, then getting build advice (my build was all wrong and pvp set up is totally different from pve). My advice, join any active pvp guild. You will learn lots, not die as much (but you will still die, just get used to it), and have loads of fun. I now take my toons into Cyrodiil as soon add they hit lvl 10.
    Edited by Lumsdenml on October 4, 2017 12:34AM
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    Dutchessx wrote: »

Totally. I took my first toon to lvl 40 before I went into cyrodiil. It was a pretty rough slog at first until I started running with groups, then getting build advice (my build was all wrong and pvp set up is totally different from pve). My advice, join any active pvp guild. You will learn lots, not die as much (but you will still die, just get used to it), and have loads of fun. I now take my toons into Cyrodiil as soon add they hit lvl 10.

The problem is not dying actually but the numbing of someone that is trying to do delving in cyrodiil and they see me and I am leaving them generally alone and then they attack me forcing me to have to kill them.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)