The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Siege Repair Kit - Not working

Endek
Endek
✭✭✭
Hi guys,

I haven't been into Cyrodiil in quite some time so may be doing something wrong, but I can't get the "Siege Repair Kit" to work on any of my damaged siege weapons.

I have the Siege Repair Kit allocated to my "Q" slot, but no matter where I stand near a damaged siege weapon and click the "Q" button, it never ever repairs the siege weapon.

In fact, I spent that much time trying to repair them, my siege weapons were automatically destroyed and removed from my inventory for being abandoned...

Can someone please tell me how to make it work again.

Many thanks and have fun out there.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I can think of is that you need to target the siege weapon, having the siege weapon in your target in the center of the screen. You might already be doing that though.

However, I suggest that you practice using the siege repair kits at your Alliance's siege training ground. Each alliance has a series of training quests when you first enter Cyrodiil and one of those is a firing range with all types of siege. That siege decays like normal, and so you should be able to practice repairing it with the siege repair kits. That will be much cheaper than spending your own gold/AP on your weapons.
  • Endek
    Endek
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have tried a variety of positions / locations, camera angles etc relative to the siege weapon location, but for the life of me, I can no longer get them to work...

I had done a lot of PvP and repaired many siege weapons when regularly playing PvP but have taken a several month break and on my return, I just can't get the repair kit to work...

I'll re-do the training to see if it works in that instance, but I'm at a loss how something that should be so simple is now so difficult.

Again, many thanks and have fun out there.
  • Endek
    Endek
    ✭✭✭
    I did the tutorial again on another toon and the repair kit worked fine.

Back to PvP on my main toon and it does not work!!!

I've slotted the repair kit in "Q". I've tried to spam "Q", tap "Q" slowly, tap it quickly, do everything I can think of to make it work, stand close to the Siege Weapon, stand further back, stand in it, on it, look at it from lots of angles, jump, run, nothing but the occasional error message telling me I can't use the repair kit when moving so I stand perfectly still, still nothing...

Does anyone have any tips. I am at a total loss as the Siege Repair Kits no longer work for me :(

Thanks.
    Edited by Endek on October 1, 2017 1:09PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do your normal repair kits work on the siege engines in the training yard? I suggest testing it out there that way you aren't losing AP/gold on your own siege engines.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so I took my own advice and went out to the training yard with siege repair kits. I'm on PC/NA Vivec, btw.

I was able to repair all the siege engines. For best results, my crosshair was over the siege engine, though several times I was able to repair with it pointed at the ground close by.

While I repaired, I did remember something that might apply? At one point, my normal PVP toon couldn't repair because the animation would play inconsistently while I had the Idle Animation add-on going. Removing that solved the problem. If you have add-ons, you might try seeing if there is an impact.

Along those same lines, if you have a personality active, try removing that during repair. Its been a long time since my DB assassin went into PVP but I remember her having issues with the repair animation clashing with the personality trying to play idle animations.
  • Endek
    Endek
    ✭✭✭
    Many thanks VaranisArano for trying all of this stuff out.

ESO PC is down for scheduled maintenance at the moment, so I'll have to try again when the servers are up and running again.

I didn't think to try my own repair kits on the practice Siege Weapons, so I'll try that first.

I only ever use three up to date add-ons which are, Skyshards, Lorebooks and Action Duration Reminder, so I'll disable all three before trying again.

Also, I can't remember if I have an active Personality on my main PvP toon, so I'll check that as well.

The only other thing I can think is that maybe all of my "Siege Repiar Kits" are just too old as I have had them since 2014 - 2015 when I bought a lot of them.

Anyhow, thanks again and hopefully I will find out what is stopping them from working.

Bye for now and have fun out there.
    Edited by Endek on October 2, 2017 8:35AM
  • Endek
    Endek
    ✭✭✭
    Well, back at the Siege Practice Range.

The "Practice Siege Repair Kit" works perfectly... My "Siege Repair Kit" does not work.

Something is wrong, I just don't know what :(

I have even tried putting my Siege weapon away damaged. Then waiting a while and getting it back out and before it takes any more damage, wait a few more seconds then I try to repair it, but that doesn't work either...

"Somethings just not right"...

I'm giving up trying for now, way too much time wasted already.

Many thanks for your efforts though.

Bye and have fun out there.
  • Endek
    Endek
    ✭✭✭
    Update....

The "Siege Repair Kits" work again!!!

I removed all of my Siege items from my "Q" slots, logged out, then back in, put my Siege Repair Kits back into the "Q" slots and they worked!

Happy once again!

Bye and have fun out there.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Endek TY for sharing solution, you never know when this can happend to you, glad to hear you worked it out :)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Endek I'm glad that your siege repair kits are working again.