The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Provisioning

rustysocket
rustysocket
Soul Shriven
I am a new player and have leveled provisioning to 50 on my primary character. Once you hit 50 it seems like there is very little benefit to continue to pack around all the supplies in my limited space. Food seems readily available elsewhere and short of making something specific for writs or myself I don't see the benefit of keeping all the supplies.

Is there something very fundamental I am missing once the skill line is maxed?

It seems as though my time may be better spent working on getting my other crafting lines to 50.

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The food you find will not be as strong as crafted. You need to learn the sought after recipes, but blue dual stat food for example would boost Health & Stamina by 5k. Which is decent.

So you want the CP160+ decent recipes learnt.

Some food sells for 10-15k per 20 if its from a rare recipe so a good money maker top!!

But to craft seriously I think ESO plus is needed for that crafting bag, so much easier.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • rustysocket
    rustysocket
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the reply.

I researched about ESO plus and the crafting bag you referred to. I wasn't aware of that option and see that it does have some benefits albeit at a cost. I don't think that is for me just yet.

I guess I will look into some better recipes that will be of value to me down the road and maybe hold onto those ingredients.

I can see that I made some errors in how I assigned some skill points so a respec is in order (or I really need to start hunting lots more skyshards)
  • AngharadEld
    Since you are working with a limited amount of space I would recommend finding the recipes for the most useful foods you may use and/or sell. Keep it pretty limited and just focus on keeping the ingredients for those particular recipes.

http://tamrieljournal.com/eso-provisioning-recipe-master-list/

This is one list of several out there to help you figure out which recipes to focus on. The above list doesn't appear to have the recipes associated with events which can be very useful as some of them scale to your level and they can be in high demand with other players.

Another positive is having the ability to complete writs for provisioning which can reward you with purple provisioning materials and green, blue, or purple recipes that you can either use or sell to other players. Purple recipes can sell anywhere from 15k-90k. And of course being able to complete Master Writs as well.
  • auronessb16_ESO
    auronessb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't get ESO+ for the bag, you may want to consider a new character to use as a mule for storage. My usual routine is gather food while adventuring, dump it into the bank, then switch characters and have the storage mule withdraw and hold all the ingredients. Once I get enough stuff or I want to cook things, the storage mule puts stuff back into the bank and main character retrieves it to do the cooking. Basically, use the bank as swap space, and the other character for storage. Buying storage slots isn't too bad at the beginning.

Yesterday was my cooking day, and I made over 10K in dishes and drinks. I sell to NPC merchants, but occasionally get an order from my guilds for some of the blue or purple stuff in bulk.

Don't give up on the crafting. Last year there was an event that lasted a couple weeks with double rewards and extra goodies like treasure maps for every crafting writ. I was really glad I had a good collection of everything.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others have said, using an alt for provisioning is a way to handle the load without ESO plus. The alt should work their way to about 160 slots, and then they will be capable of holding all your food supplies for a pretty long time before they get overloaded.

Provision writs are beneficial...the rewards can be profitable and they're about the easiest thing in the game.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    As others have said, using an alt for provisioning is a way to handle the load without ESO plus. The alt should work their way to about 160 slots, and then they will be capable of holding all your food supplies for a pretty long time before they get overloaded.

Provision writs are beneficial...the rewards can be profitable and they're about the easiest thing in the game.

wow. I don't have anyone with that many slots. Can't afford it.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    ESO plus all the way. I converted one of my characters to a full crafter, maxed on all crafts. I was spending at least 45 minutes per day moving stuff around 6 other characters which was becoming a bind. Since plus I spend about 10 minutes if that on housekeeping. The double bank space also helps a lot too.
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    davey1107 wrote: »

wow. I don't have anyone with that many slots. Can't afford it.

You can have up to 8 characters. I have 4 I play and I have 4 mules. If you level up the horses for your mules you can get 60 more slots for each....plus buy more slots up to 200.

If you gather stuff you can sell any extra for the gold you need for stuff. Do not sell to NPC vendors...guilds pay much better.

I use each mule for certain things...one holds herbs etc...another wood/metal etc. All you have to do is create the mules and start to use them.
    I know nutting....
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The trick with provisioning without the craft bag is to learn a recipe (or recipes) that you want your characters to use (or sell) and only collect the ingredients for that/those recipe/s.

If you want to get Psijiic recipe fragments to learn Psijic Ambrosia, do the provisioning writs - which entails learning the recipes for whatever level writs you get - and only collect and keep ingredients for those.

If you want to hang onto stuff, as others have said, create new characters as storage mules. In fact I once had a second account with all 8 characters at level 3, each with 80 full slots. This was back when motifs and recipes did not stack and 20 copies of 4 recipes took 80 slots instead of 4. Them was the good old days!!!!!

I have ESO+, the craft bag, 12 characters (10 with 170+ slots on each) and 480 slots in the bank - and I still run out of space.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you are working with a limited amount of space I would recommend finding the recipes for the most useful foods you may use and/or sell. Keep it pretty limited and just focus on keeping the ingredients for those particular recipes.

http://tamrieljournal.com/eso-provisioning-recipe-master-list/

This is one list of several out there to help you figure out which recipes to focus on. The above list doesn't appear to have the recipes associated with events which can be very useful as some of them scale to your level and they can be in high demand with other players.

Another positive is having the ability to complete writs for provisioning which can reward you with purple provisioning materials and green, blue, or purple recipes that you can either use or sell to other players. Purple recipes can sell anywhere from 15k-90k. And of course being able to complete Master Writs as well.

I can also suggest aiming to use food recipes that the ingredients that constitute it are not terribly hard to come across. Stuff like melon baked parmesan pork is pretty good for a magic based user (blue recipe) and Sticky Pork and Radish Noodles is pretty good for stamina based users. Both recipes have very easy to get ingredients so you can easily farm for a short bit for said ingredients in the hollow city in coldharbour.
    Melon baked parmesan pork uses melon, white meat and cheese.
    Sticky Pork and Radish Noodles uses radish, white meat and flour.
    Cheese you can get at the guild store spot near wayshrine and rest all from within the cicero grocery store near the bank.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)