The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

i only received 2 crates for killing monsters during 3 days

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
is this normal? will i receive the 3rd crate later or did ZOS decided to give away only 2 crates after all?
Edited by NeKryXe on September 28, 2017 6:42PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you read about the EDT based time span?

A full day means something different in different time zones.
    idea.gif

PS: Edited for time zone typo
    Edited by SirAndy on September 28, 2017 6:44PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me personally, the event start at 6pm Thursday. This means I had to kill a monster between then and Friday at 6pm, so yeah, check timezones as the "day" could be at a weird time...
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Did you read about the UTC based time span?

idea.gif

i wasn't sure if in my zone it was at 6am or 3pm, so, to make sure i wouldn't miss any crate, i always did it between 4pm and 5pm GMT.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Did you read about the UTC EDT based time span?
    idea.gif
    i wasn't sure if in my zone it was at 6am or 3pm, so, to make sure i wouldn't miss any crate, i always did it between 4pm and 5pm GMT.

I edited my initial post to fix my time zone typo, it's EDT based, not UTC ...
    bye1.gif
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well... i just opened the 2 crates i got and it's all junk anyway.

then i saw the new mounts and i felt lucky for the junk i got... anything is better than those skeletons :D

seems like 2 crates are enough after all :)
    Edited by NeKryXe on September 28, 2017 7:29PM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The free crate "days" were UDT, so Friday officially began at 8 pm U.S. East coast time on Thursday. Calculate those 24 hour periods for where you live, and see if maybe you logged in twice during one period, missing the third.

If you don't think you messed up, submit a ticket to customer service. They've always been pretty good with me...not sure if they'll roll you the third crate or not.
  • UnseenCat
    UnseenCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    For a game with an audience that spans the globe, it would help minimize confusion if they stated the time ranges in both UTC and their choice of corporate local timezone (US EDT/EST). The timespan is the timespan, yes, but it helps to express it in more than one way. I may live in the US, but in Internet matters even I tend to use UTC because it's a reliable constant.

On the other hand, you probably didn't miss much. Unless you really like Nix Hounds. :trollface::p
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UnseenCat wrote: »
    For a game with an audience that spans the globe, it would help minimize confusion if they stated the time ranges in both UTC and their choice of corporate local timezone (US EDT/EST). The timespan is the timespan, yes, but it helps to express it in more than one way. I may live in the US, but in Internet matters even I tend to use UTC because it's a reliable constant.

On the other hand, you probably didn't miss much. Unless you really like Nix Hounds. :trollface::p

Honestly I think it would make most sense to line it up with other things in game. A good chunk of stuff resets at the same time as pledges. Make THAT the "start/end" time. Then people can thin k"did pledges flip?" if yes, go kill something.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    UnseenCat wrote: »

Honestly I think it would make most sense to line it up with other things in game. A good chunk of stuff resets at the same time as pledges. Make THAT the "start/end" time. Then people can thin k"did pledges flip?" if yes, go kill something.
    Crafting writs and pledges reset 06:00 UTC unless mistaken. Think this also reset other daily quests.
    Tend to do crafting writs in the morning and because of the crates I killed the skevers behind the clothing station in Rawl'kwa on the crate days to be sure I got the kill :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.