The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Devs, you need to look on pelt drop rates, too low.

Dracofyre
Dracofyre
✭✭✭✭
it was the cost factor and often unprofitable and usually prices on auction are jacked to cover expenses on repairs.
i am only need leather pelts for my craftings, most for writs.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're talking about raw materials to refine into leather or the perfect pelts for housing items?

If you're just after crafting materials for doing crafting writs then just play the game normally and break down all your loot. This alone gives me enough materials to clear writs daily.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    not getting enough leather gears drop either from the lootings, must be bad RNG factor.
  • ELDARTHVADER
    ELDARTHVADER
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    We're talking about raw materials to refine into leather or the perfect pelts for housing items?

If you're just after crafting materials for doing crafting writs then just play the game normally and break down all your loot. This alone gives me enough materials to clear writs daily.

I agree, i get ton from just playing the game and breakdown? you increase the rate and there goes the WAX profits!
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes, i am aware of wax when i get leather gears if i find them, not enough.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are doing writs, it might be worth it to farm the leather scraps. There are a couple of really good places to farm for leather scraps. Beaches that have a lot of mudcrabs, Durzogs or Harpies in Wrothgar, places where there are lots of wolves like Betnikh or Eastmarch will all give you quick access to the mobs that drop leather scraps. If I'm in a hurry, I like mudcrabs and wolves because they can sometimes have lower health and are not very hard to kill.

Personally, I tend to stockpile any material that I need for writs ahead of time.

If cost is an issue, you can buy the refined leather for far cheaper than the raw scraps.
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    i was told by other player in game, and thank that player for good info, now had enough for few writs.
    all i need to get "clean pelts" for achievement.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    or the perfect pelts for housing items?
    Them clean pelts are way too rare ...
    dry.gif
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol, oops, yeah, i mean perfect pelts
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you meant the pelts, again, anything that drops leather scraps can drop the pelts as well. My advice about farming locations still applies.
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes, i found out, dont want to reveal too much or it will be flooded with farmers, i only get want needed for few writs.

i went to bleakrock, used to have 8-9 wolves in that same area, more in other parts, and now i only saw 2 wolves in 30 mins, even other harvest nodes are almost non-exist and see no one near by.
    thinking of the spawn are broken or devs adjust timers.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, that probably means someone went through and harvested the nodes recently and you just didn't see them. I farm pretty regularly and the devs have not adjusted the timers. However, nodes respawn in possible locations for that type of material, not necessarily the same exact spot. It works much like with chests. When one is emptied, another of its type (novice-master) can spawn at any point on the map where a chest can spawn. When you do find an area that looks like someone just farmed all the nodes, move on or wait for the mobs to respawn.
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    harvest nodes spawn within 7-10 mins, but no wolves, 1 spawned, i stay around in case of fresh spawns, i see no one around near me if they kill any wolves. i stay for an hour, puzzled what happen.

then i went to other zone as suggested by not revealing, and they all spawned within 1 min after i killed and looted.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dracofyre wrote: »
    yes, i found out, dont want to reveal too much or it will be flooded with farmers, i only get want needed for few writs.

i went to bleakrock, used to have 8-9 wolves in that same area, more in other parts, and now i only saw 2 wolves in 30 mins, even other harvest nodes are almost non-exist and see no one near by.
    thinking of the spawn are broken or devs adjust timers.

I also think the respawn timer is based off of zone population (at least on the starter islands I believe). If you were there on an off time, it may take longer to spawn.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are doing writs, it might be worth it to farm the leather scraps. There are a couple of really good places to farm for leather scraps. Beaches that have a lot of mudcrabs, Durzogs or Harpies in Wrothgar, places where there are lots of wolves like Betnikh or Eastmarch will all give you quick access to the mobs that drop leather scraps. If I'm in a hurry, I like mudcrabs and wolves because they can sometimes have lower health and are not very hard to kill.

Personally, I tend to stockpile any material that I need for writs ahead of time.

If cost is an issue, you can buy the refined leather for far cheaper than the raw scraps.

Mudcrabs. Don't waste time anywhere else. They drop rubedo, pelts, decorative wax and mudcrab chitin.

The two best spots I have found are I think in Grahtwood. You can find it from my description in any event. The first is all the way in the south past the swamp with all the hoarvors. The other one is among a group of islands well to the north on the same coastline.