The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

vMA Bow backbar - BiS trait in Clockwork City

TheYKcid
TheYKcid
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Seeing as vMA weapon effects will no longer be considered enchantments once Clockwork City goes live (as they are becoming set-piece bonuses), having infused on the bow will no longer benefit Thunderous Volley. I've been trying to theorise what the new best trait will be.

From what I understand of the damage calculation mechanics, ground DoTs like volley calculate each damage tick based on the stats of your current bar, so having nirn or precise on the bow will not benefit Volley when one is on their frontbar. However, the sharpened trait is the exception—because penetration value gets applied to volley at the moment of casting, and will be retained regardless of whether one swaps bars thereafter.

In light of this, will sharpened become the BiS trait for a backbar vMA bow in CWC, being the only trait that carries-over to the frontbar?

note:
Infused trait with a wep/spell damage glyph can technically be said to carry its effect to the frontbar, but I can't envision the extra 104 damage—with questionable uptime—outperforming sharpened.
Edited by TheYKcid on September 29, 2017 3:36PM
PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    > Infused trait with a wep/spell damage glyph can technically be said to carry its effect to the frontbar, but I can't envision the extra 104 damage—with questionable uptime—outperforming sharpened.

What? The enchant is 358 weap/spell dmg with infused and should have a >60% uptime.
    Edited by s7732425ub17_ESO on September 29, 2017 3:48PM
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    > Infused trait with a wep/spell damage glyph can technically be said to carry its effect to the frontbar, but I can't envision the extra 104 damage—with questionable uptime—outperforming sharpened.

What? The enchant is 358 weap/spell dmg with infused and should have a >60% uptime.

348 normally, 452 with infused, which is what I meant by "the extra 104 damage".

You can also theoretically achieve 100% uptime on an infused wep/spell damage glyph, since the duration is equal to the cooldown, but that would involve flawlessly swapping to your backbar and proccing it every 5 seconds, which no realistic rotation would permit.
    Edited by TheYKcid on September 29, 2017 3:54PM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing really changed. If nirn and infused were best and pretty much close together now either nirn will be best or infused (because of enchants) or they will continue to be +/- same.

In any case, someone will math it out and share. No need to assume and theorize.

//edit: I also do not think the sharpened interaction is there.
    Edited by SodanTok on September 30, 2017 9:03PM
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nirn or infused
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am curious if when the badasses get around to testing vMA weapons they will even be worth using on back bar. They now buff only one ability at what amounts to the cost of a general stat 1x set bonus. While the bow buff to an ability is a good one and persists when you are on the front bar, you still spend a significant amount of time on that back bar during which all other abilities and attacks will be reduced. The bottom line is that I doubt, in the case of both the bow and the destro staff, that the single ability buff will be worth the reduced stats even if those reduced stats are on only the back bar. If it does prove still BIS it will not be by much.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    I am curious if when the badasses get around to testing vMA weapons they will even be worth using on back bar. They now buff only one ability at what amounts to the cost of a general stat 1x set bonus. While the bow buff to an ability is a good one and persists when you are on the front bar, you still spend a significant amount of time on that back bar during which all other abilities and attacks will be reduced. The bottom line is that I doubt, in the case of both the bow and the destro staff, that the single ability buff will be worth the reduced stats even if those reduced stats are on only the back bar. If it does prove still BIS it will not be by much.

VMA bow has the biggest effect on DPS in the game. Much better than any 5th bonus in the game. Not to mention 5th bonuses like briarheart, tfs, vma, morag tong, alkosh are still in effect after swaping to backbar so you arent even losing anything.
  • Siliziumdioxid
    Siliziumdioxid
    ✭✭✭
    I think it will be precise

Since a bow has less weapon damage then 2H/Dual wield the 15% increase from nirnhoned are not as efficient. Secondly the single target Dots which "snapshots" the weapon damage/max stamina they are casted with are all on the frontbar (Rearming trap uses the stats of the moment it arms not the moment it is casted, poison injection scales of the current stats with each tick). so basically nirnhoned back bar benefits your endless hail(excluding the vma part), deadly cloak, razor caltrops, bow light attacks, poison injection. thats all.

precise however benefits nearly everything: your single target Dot casted on the frontbar, the abilities that scale with current stats, poisons, only monster set is unaffected.

Sharpened can be best if your not reaching pen cap since every ability inherits the penetration it is casted with.

I don't think that infused will be that good at all if youre using those double drainhealth poison (is deals more damage than the disease enchant)
    Infused will probably the best if you refuse to use poisons and youre doing one of those crazy rotations where you barswap 8 times every full rotation to keep hawk eye up the full duration, in this case you can probably use the disease enchant nearly of cooldown so infused can be good. But since i have seen the parses with the double drain health poison i dont think that infused will be relevant at all.
    Edited by Siliziumdioxid on October 2, 2017 1:08PM
    Guild: Ancaria
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as @Gilliamtherogue is concerned, he posted his findings on youtube for what seems to be BiS for Magicka DPS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqDIxoTO5B8