Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

History of Elder Scrolls Series

dpencil1
dpencil1
✭✭✭✭✭
i stumbled upon a cool Youtube channel yesterday: TheExploringSeries
He's turned his attention to the world of the Elder Scrolls, and they are quite good. Here's the one for the Dwemer that he just released, but he has several more videos so far as well, and will be producing more (looks like 1 each week).

Go check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13p1NPQbraU
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw that one the other day as well and it was very well done. I have not seen any others by him; I hope they are just as good.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can't believe anything those people say, If you want to actually learn about TES lore go to the UESP Wiki and read it yourself. You should never trust youtube videos for a lore source.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    You can't believe anything those people say, If you want to actually learn about TES lore go to the UESP Wiki and read it yourself. You should never trust youtube videos for a lore source.

That is true and I have read the wiki many times over the years as well. Also, the in game books themselves ; however, the videos are fun to watch while eating lunch. :*
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hypothetical question - would people watch a YouTube lore series created by UESP?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Hypothetical question - would people watch a YouTube lore series created by UESP?

Speaking purely for myself - no, because reading is faster and easier to look things up in. On the rare occasion I've gone through old ESO Live videos looking for more lore, it's been a pain to sift through.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Enodoc
    I would! I prefer videos so I can be doing chores or something while I'm listening.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i prefer reading,guess some ppl prefer video :)
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont think theres anything wrong with getting the opinions of different people. Including these YT channels that try to evaluate the lore and history of the games. It sometimes brings a different perspective that you might not have thought of or gleamed from reading from a source material. Thats the inherent down side of reading, some things are lost. Like context.

The UESP website is a great source of information. But it shouldnt be held as a golden standard as it is still maintained by fallible people.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All in the execution. :wink: