The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Vet DSA Healer help for last Boss

ARIES SERPICO
ARIES SERPICO
✭✭
I've never healed it just tanked and dps so looking to see what some of the knowledgeable healers run on last Boss of VDSA so I can help talk them through it.
  • PlumpOrange
    Hello! I have some tips for you as a healer who completed several weekly vDSA and successfully tanked the last boss.

First of all, you need 3stat potions (Mag, health and stamina) for extra stamina recovery in case of emergency/low dps/overblocking. Also, you need to tank with the Master restoration staff for even more stamina. Also I have 2 infused pieces with Hakeijo enchant (legs and head). I would also advice to run SPC+Mending, not Worm.

Steps:
    1. Keep your Rune Focus and Ritual of Retribution up and recast Combat Prayer. That will give you nice, almost tanky resists. If you don't feel comfortable - use SPC+Seducer with 2 heavy pieces to have even more resists.
    2. Dampen Magika for all incoming damage.
    3. Your Horn is first, then the tank leaves you with his horny farewell, the third Horn is yours, too.
    4. Reapply Drain and taunt.
    5. Use the potion after the first stamina problem. Try to block only heavy attacks (well, I use to go with high DPS groups, so I can waste my stamina without care)

There is a video of my casual run for some adventures, I hope the language won't confuse you :) We failed to try a new boss location and returned to the common "door tanking"
    https://twitch.tv/videos/177131993
    Edited by PlumpOrange on September 27, 2017 11:59AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What class is the healer.

I personally use aggro fire and try pots (health magicka and immovable) and do everything like usually. There's also way to do it normally with healer being an off could just slot a frost staff too ... Maybe.
  • ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

I personally use aggro fire and try pots (health magicka and immovable) and do everything like usually. There's also way to do it normally with healer being an off could just slot a frost staff too ... Maybe.

Mostly Templars
  • ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Thank you I really appreciate it
  • ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭
    Hello! I have some tips for you as a healer who completed several weekly vDSA and successfully tanked the last boss.

First of all, you need 3stat potions (Mag, health and stamina) for extra stamina recovery in case of emergency/low dps/overblocking. Also, you need to tank with the Master restoration staff for even more stamina. Also I have 2 infused pieces with Hakeijo enchant (legs and head). I would also advice to run SPC+Mending, not Worm.

Steps:
    1. Keep your Rune Focus and Ritual of Retribution up and recast Combat Prayer. That will give you nice, almost tanky resists. If you don't feel comfortable - use SPC+Seducer with 2 heavy pieces to have even more resists.
    2. Dampen Magika for all incoming damage.
    3. Your Horn is first, then the tank leaves you with his horny farewell, the third Horn is yours, too.
    4. Reapply Drain and taunt.
    5. Use the potion after the first stamina problem. Try to block only heavy attacks (well, I use to go with high DPS groups, so I can waste my stamina without care)

There is a video of my casual run for some adventures, I hope the language won't confuse you :) We failed to try a new boss location and returned to the common "door tanking"
    https://twitch.tv/videos/177131993

Tank you
  • ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭
    Thanks everyone for the input, just did it on my healer a new tank and Dps with no problem
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Ideally you wouldn't run as a healer at all and spec for fully dd with a little healing, ele drainand inner fire.
    There's two possible ways to speed up the fight a lot:

The last boss himself doesn't do a lot of damage, so you can tank him with a DD just fine.

Tank takes first two adds away at 75% and the group stays at the gate with the boss. You wanna save your ultimates until 50% and drop them all as soon as he starts the pull animation at 50%(or a little before is even better). Then you put out all the damage you can do to get him to 25% before he does the second add spawn. Then he does another pull and you can kill him.
    Second tactic is a full nuke. At the start place your dots, then as soon as the boss spawns drop three destro ultis/ballistas and you have about 12 seconds to get him to 75% until he will do his fire animation.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    Ideally you wouldn't run as a healer at all and spec for fully dd with a little healing, ele drainand inner fire.
    There's two possible ways to speed up the fight a lot:

The last boss himself doesn't do a lot of damage, so you can tank him with a DD just fine.

Tank takes first two adds away at 75% and the group stays at the gate with the boss. You wanna save your ultimates until 50% and drop them all as soon as he starts the pull animation at 50%(or a little before is even better). Then you put out all the damage you can do to get him to 25% before he does the second add spawn. Then he does another pull and you can kill him.
    Second tactic is a full nuke. At the start place your dots, then as soon as the boss spawns drop three destro ultis/ballistas and you have about 12 seconds to get him to 75% until he will do his fire animation.

Agreed with both tactics. The issue is or was not having ideal groups because of the fact that I'm running new people through Vet DSA and as you know It can be a disaster at last boss. Thank you for the tips