Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Bow bg builds?

datboitodd
Are bow builds useful in bgs? Warden, nb, or sorc?
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some wardens can pull it off. They have enough healing and defense through their tree ult to be OK without snb.

Most good nightblades don't run it. Some sorcs used to, but I rarely see them anymore
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As BGs put you in a very tight space in mostly time based modes, I don't see much advantage to playing a bow build there.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You could incorporate a bow into a build as back bar perhaps. The only reason to use it though would be for poison injection and the hasty retreat passive.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't even imagine how bad that would perform.

BGs is way too small and fast paced for bow/bow, one of the least optimal combinations.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mainhand a bow in bg's (Stamplar) - it's really fun and effective but I don't think bow/bow is a viable option for any class sadly since

1) bow and stamina ranged in general lack the tools and damage to kill a competent player without incorporating melee skills (jabs, DBoS).

2) this game does not support ranged/kiting playstyles AT ALL. Gap closers will always win.
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    I main a bow/2H NB. It can work very well. Typically in PVP I run buffs on my 2H Bar and do my fighting with my bow. In BG's however I find that being able to fight using both Bars works much better.

• ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every now and gen I'll be smacking down someone in BGs and getting pinged with Snipe at the same time. It's pretty annoying -.-

I struggle really hard trying to refrain from tea bagging those stupid archers when I finally catch up to them.