The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What houses would best fit the style of 'Avatar'?

PrimordialOdd
Hoping to make a house like aforementioned, originally planned to do a mixture of telvanni/daedric/assortment others to fit this. Currently I'm using strident spring demeaned because it got potential but alas I didn't realize the telvanni furniture were virtually nonexistent
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm assuming you mean James Cameron's Avatar, not Avatar the Last Airbender? If that's the case, I've done quite a bit of Homestead "Lego" building and here are some thoughts.

- when I googled pandora to refresh my memory, it struck me that the pictures of Disney's World of Avatar would be a better guide than shots from the film. The theme park version is the same as what you'd be creating...an optical illusion, and their materials are similar to the building blocks you can find in game.

- I feel like greener homes with large yards would work a bit better than Reapers. I's personally try to turn the Gorinir Estate or Bouldertree arefuge into an overgrown jungle.

- for either of those homes, this is ambitious, but I wonder about creating the illusion of a living space under a giant tree, with a root system that separates like banyan trees to create a living space underneath. To pull this off I'd start by experimenting with building a tree "superstructure" made up of various other trees laid on top of one another, branching up out of the earth and coming together in a large trunk. I experimented with my tree estate (the place where I store all my extra trees) and I do think the giant Cyprus could be set at a slight angle and then layered over an existing building to make it appear like one giant world tree.
    Edited by davey1107 on September 30, 2017 2:32AM
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tree, Twisted Banyan and Tree, Towering Withered are your friends when it comes to making rooms/structures out of roots. The nice thing about the Banyan is that is blends perfectly with the Tree, Ancient Banyan (these are all found under Conservatory -> Giant Trees)
    You could theoretically use several Ancient Banyans to create a massive trunk, and then use Twisted Banyans to create a sort of wall/barrier out of roots, with plenty of ways to add doors and windows and such.

The Telvanni furnishings blend very nicely with the Banyans as well, but I think the Wood Elf or Argonian furnishings would be more apropos to the Pandoran theme.

What you would definitely need though is many many many of the Telvanni fungal lights. Those would be the absolute best, as well as the new coldharbour glowing plants.

The Tree, Ancient Jungle can work well as well, but there is less to it, so you can do less with it. It might make a good base for a tree house or if placed upside down, a smaller outbuilding, but how you would mask the bottom of it, I am not sure.
  • PrimordialOdd
    Hmm but see that's restricting yourself to say just an interior build- I seek to do both exterior and interior/ the exterior being lush sort of a Alice In wonderland vibe but in the ambient themes of James Cameron avatar. It's hard to put into words my idea with it but work in progress. However the idea is it'd blend in transition to an magnificent interior hone
  • PrimordialOdd
    Home*
    Edited by PrimordialOdd on September 30, 2017 6:27PM
  • PrimordialOdd
    So it's strident springs demense I had in mind, originally and it still to a point is ideal for me right now- I planned on making the entire exterior of the property a mix of flowers and trees with vibrancy and pop to it then your mist of hag fen either in a lot of spots or sporadically. I'd add fountains perhaps even a blood fountain for the 'red water' and these fountains would have boulders and other landscape features that covers those aspect but the waters themselves. You'd have telvanni lightings all over too, twisting roots above sideways under you even. Now the interior of the house, ideally I'd like to try covering most of the walls with some sort of nature feel to it such as halves of trees in walls so it'd look wooden or idk, but the work i put in outside would be the same inside if not better is what I'm saying. But that all gives you the feel of what I'm getting at