The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Spell penetration cap

Amorpho
Amorpho
✭✭✭✭
How much is it?
The Gaming Rev
YouTube channel - https://youtube.com/c/TheGamingRev

Characters

PVE
Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer - Master Crafter
Magicka Templar, Altmer
Magicka Nightblade, Breton
Stamina Nightblade, Khajiit

PVP
Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
Magicka Templar, Altmer
Stamina Templar, Orsimer
Stamina Dragonknight, Dunmer
Stamina Warden, Orsimer

Aldmeri Dominion - 1700+ CP

XboxOne EU
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no true cap but for pve, most enemies have 18200 resistances so that is the number to hit.
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pve, trash mobs usually have 9100 and bosses 18200. i know vma, monsters have varying pen resistance.

pvp is different per individual
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SoLooney wrote: »
    pve, trash mobs usually have 9100 and bosses 18200. i know vma, monsters have varying pen resistance.

All group dungeon and trial NPCs (including trash and bosses) have 18200.

VMA have varying resistances but only these three values: 9100, 12100 and 18200 while 18,2k is the least common resistance there.

• Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭

VMA have varying resistances but only these three values: 9100, 12100 and 18200 while 18,2k is the least common resistance there.

In that case, should I go for the Apprentice rather than the Lover in VMA? Without elemental drain I'm already hitting 14k spell penetration.
    The Gaming Rev
    YouTube channel - https://youtube.com/c/TheGamingRev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer - Master Crafter
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Magicka Nightblade, Breton
    Stamina Nightblade, Khajiit

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Stamina Templar, Orsimer
    Stamina Dragonknight, Dunmer
    Stamina Warden, Orsimer

Aldmeri Dominion - 1700+ CP

XboxOne EU
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amorpho wrote: »

In that case, should I go for the Apprentice rather than the Lover in VMA? Without elemental drain I'm already hitting 14k spell penetration.

That's way too much for vMA. Only 3 of the bosses have 18k resistances (Stage 4, 7, 8). 12k penetration is what you should aim for in vMA on all classes.

Everything in a dungeons, trial or arena (except vMA) = 18200 spell and physical resistance
    Everything everywhere else = 9100 spell and physical resistance
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade