The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tempest island final boss tips and tricks

Armatesz
Armatesz
✭✭✭✭✭
So I have been seeing a lot of people hating the final boss for tempest island on vet. Complaining about that lunge of hers or her aoe she does and I figured I would give everyone that is having issues with that boss some pointers. Simplest thing that helps you a lot is knowing what distances to keep from her and close to her. Now her aoe and lunges are based on certain distance quotas. You are either too far or too near and either one of those two will proc said associated skill of hers. The easiest way I have found to dealing with her is having the tank try to lure her to the cliff part when you go up the stairs to boss fight look right and you will see that ledge. Now have one person equipped with the grothdarr head and shoulder piece and when their grothdarr procs you can see the safe distance from her, keep like 3 or so feet from the ring tip of grothdarr for person wearing it and then everyone knows the safe distance from her. That spot I said about not too much of her windstorms go over there and a lot of her attacks fail there. The battle becomes cake work. If you do this trick she will never use her aoe or lunge attack save for the one where you have the tank pull her there. But note this that she may sometimes move in battle but it is not too terribly hard when dealing with that because she does not often move too far from original placement though. If this video helps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6MMNhOwwkU but you don't want to go to the left of the staircase really or be in the center of the fight area because of the wind storms. Keep around the edge of the fight areas is crucial. Also where I was looking at in the video behind my character is where you don't want to go either. I was doing it on normal just to showcase but I have done this dungeon on vet solo only once and it is still the same practice.
Ärmätèsz
Xbox NA
Guildless (by choice)
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of "bugged" spots to avoid boss mechanics. This is a simple fight: just stay close, when she does the red ring back up out of it. Stay at that distance if you're ranged, if you're melee then repeat the back and forth.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not entirely sure this is a bug tbh, as she does move from time to time and that can cause her to do aoe or lunge attacks. She does have a switch up skill she uses instead of the aoe and lunge attack which is easier to deal with than lunge and aoe.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda suprised this was considered hard. Not trying to brag (honestly just curious) but I managed to 2 man it last night with a magdk being a stam ward tank. This was on vet HM.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    Kinda suprised this was considered hard. Not trying to brag (honestly just curious) but I managed to 2 man it last night with a magdk being a stam ward tank. This was on vet HM.

Its only hard if you don't understand the proper amount of spacing. If you're trying to DPS it from too far then you get gap closed and likely 1 shot if you're a DPS, if you're too close she fires off the AoE with the knockback and that can sometimes proc the gap closer as well, which is definitely a 1 shot for DPS. Dungeon can be solo'ed on Vet HM if you've got the patience and know the mechanics.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 29, 2017 3:13PM
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember if I hard moded it on vet or just did it on vet, I think I was not doing any daily so I think it is just regular vet solo. But yeah it has everything to do with spacing. As for the people that think it is smart to lure her to the stairs she sometimes moves at random directions and the stairs is one of those said directions so you take a chance of dwindling her down to say 12% and then she goes and resets.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    BuildMan wrote: »

Its only hard if you don't understand the proper amount of spacing. If you're trying to DPS it from too far then you get gap closed and likely 1 shot if you're a DPS, if you're too close she fires off the AoE with the knockback and that can sometimes proc the gap closer as well, which is definitely a 1 shot for DPS. Dungeon can be solo'ed on Vet HM if you've got the patience and know the mechanics.

Yes and no to being one shotted, there is a way to endure it but you have to have one heft of a bit of defense and health, maybe even use reviving barrier will assist in tanking the hit. I'm a heavy magplar and before I learned that tactic I was able to survive that thing. Kind of reminds me of those bears people would complain about from bloodroot forge about them being one hit kills... for me it takes like 3 hits and ads to kill me.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)