The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

List of all rune combinations?

Octopuss
Octopuss
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm trying to get the achievement to translate all runes, but it's all pretty confusing. I am looking for a list of all combination if there is one. I couldn't google anything up.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be a bit outdated but it should have pretty much all you need to know about enchanting:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/66580/spoiler-enchanting-list-of-rune-translations-and-glyph-combinations/p1/
    bye1.gif
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd suggest google. Not to be rude but that's what someone will have to do to get you a link.

There are a number of resources out there and many have been updated since the last change 2 years ago.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, this is kind of easy. Just use the Tool Tip to denote which ones you don't know.

Slot a Ta, then add a Potency you don't know and an Essence you don't know

Repeat until you don't have a ????? tool tip on an essence or potency.

While of course it is most efficient to do this so you get 2 or 3 per operation, at some point your going to know all your Essences before your going to know all the Potencies, so pick one you will never use for a character glyph to go through all the Potencies.

Add in whatever Aspects you have not used yet along the way.

Also, Top Tip, if your leveling Enchanting, do this somewhere in the L40's for Enchanting before you top off the skill with making them. You get tons of Inspiration for learning new ones.
    Edited by Nestor on September 27, 2017 8:37PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea, @Nestor, except for the essence or aspect runes a player doesn't have in their inventory, bank, or crafting bag.

A player won't see the ????? on the tooltip if they don't have that rune in their inventory ... and then wonder why they don't have the achievement when scrolling the the runes they have and have learned.

Potency runes are easy tracking, sure, since they are all sold at the enchanter vendors,
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea, @Nestor, except for the essence or aspect runes a player doesn't have in their inventory, bank, or crafting bag.

A player won't see the ????? on the tooltip if they don't have that rune in their inventory ... and then wonder why they don't have the achievement when scrolling the the runes they have and have learned.

@Taleof2Cities

What, you mean there are players who don't have 3 or 4 figures of every rune out there?

If the OP needs some essences and is on PC/NA, I will make sure they have them all if they need them. Well, not hakeijo, I am nice, but not that nice....

Edited by Nestor on September 27, 2017 9:04PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I'd suggest google. Not to be rude but that's what someone will have to do to get you a link.

There are a number of resources out there and many have been updated since the last change 2 years ago.

I suggest reading my post again.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need to do each glyph (rune combination) for the achievement, only one use of each rune to translate it. So mix a new one of each of the 3 kinds for each combo until you learn the aspect runes, then use Ta for all the rest with 2 new runes for Potency & Essence until you learn all of one, then continue with the most common you have of the category you know all runes in while learning the other.

As for a full list of the actual runes themselves (not all glyph combinations), see Sunshine Daydream's Guide to Enchanting in the sections under Potency Runes, Essence Runes, Aspect Runes.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

@Taleof2Cities

What, you mean there are players who don't have 3 or 4 figures of every rune out there?

If the OP needs some essences and is on PC/NA, I will make sure they have them all if they need them. Well, not hakeijo, I am nice, but not that nice....

Fortunately, I think hakeijo is a separate achievement ... but, yes, those players who haven't bothered to keep the runes they find or decon the glyphs that drop.
  • Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just google ESO enchanting. Fextralife and UESP both have a pretty comprehensive list of all things really, not just enchanting.