The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

icuin55_x64.dll error

Quahog
Quahog
Soul Shriven
Need advice on this error. "D:\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\icuin55_x64.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media." If I do a reinstall, the game will load &play OK. However, the next day when I restart my computer, I get the same error. It takes about 12 hours to reload & download all of the updates, so I can't do that every day. Any thoughts on a fix? I have an Nvidia GEFORCE GTX card. This problem started about one week ago, after the last patch.
  • Quahog
    Quahog
    Soul Shriven
    OK, someone suggested I try running the game by directly clicking on the eso.exe file. IT WORKED. If I try the eso64.exe file or use the Launcher, I get the above error message. I don't know why the eso64.exe keeps getting corrupted on a restart. I'll be looking at what is running in the background on start-ups.