The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nb tanking help please

Malacthulhu
Malacthulhu
✭✭✭✭
First I will just say this is in regards to pve dlc dungeon content. I have an Imperial (not gonna race change) 30k health good resistances. For gear I am running Leechplate and beckoning Steel. I did a nicp and it felt like a snake with diarrhea, slippery and pooie. I want to run brands of the imperium instead of leech and leech felt sloppy, but need one more piece. I love tanking, have done it in many mmos. Wondering if I should suck it up and roll a dk tank I have major resource issues with the nb but, it could be a l2p issue. I have max cp etc and if anyone could give me some tips to make it work other then running difd gear, even though I will still hear you out on that point as I can use multiple sets. Thanks for your time.
Xbox One Na
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... I used to have a nb tank, but the changes over the last patches ruined it. Maybe theres a way to make it work, there are builds, but its still a shadow of what it used to be. :(
    Which is a shame because I really loved my sap tank.

However, if you dont like dk, warden might be a viable choice for you. It can heal the group and is pretty damn sturdy, it also has a passive that restores missing stamina or magicka (whichever is lower) when you heal allies and theres a very cheap healing ulti.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well... I used to have a nb tank, but the changes over the last patches ruined it. Maybe theres a way to make it work, there are builds, but its still a shadow of what it used to be. :(
    Which is a shame because I really loved my sap tank.

However, if you dont like dk, warden might be a viable choice for you. It can heal the group and is pretty damn sturdy, it also has a passive that restores missing stamina or magicka (whichever is lower) when you heal allies and theres a very cheap healing ulti.

Interesting I may go with warden thanks
    Xbox One Na
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NB has a lot of %Health bonus passives.
    So you can just up your Health to extreme levels with Plague doctor and Green pact.. or a mix with one of the ultimate sets.

Basically you don't have to worry so much about blocking when you can just take the hits.
  • DarkLylith
    DarkLylith
    ✭✭✭
    I have tank almost all vet dunegons on my NB Tank. I run 5 x tavas, 5 x Dragon 2 x blood spawn. I have 29k heal, 30k mag, 15 stam tri food. All mag recov glyphs on jewl with mag recovery mundas. 26k of each resistance. S&S both bars. Infused on big, sturdy on the small. Swallow soul, sap essence, path of darkness, absorb magic, heroic slash, double take with bolstering darkness ulti. Great self heals, take 60% less damage with the ulti, and with all the ulti regen from armour and passives can have the ulti up a lot. Super tanky
  • datgladiatah
    datgladiatah
    ✭✭✭
    I've gone Leeching/Bahraha's Curse/Malubeth to great success. I went prismatic runes on all my armor to get enough stam to block when I need to. Full health build works better now with the siphoning/leeching strike changes, but still your healing done will pale in comparison without at least Malubeth because of the major vitality buff and the lack of resources to do damage while healing.

I got lucky with leeching weapons between Warden's Trust (defending sword) and a powered axe of leeching. I went a powered weapon to do more healing, but after doing vet CoS I only slightly regret that because of some one shot mechanics. It was more of an L2P issue though as I could survive if I blocked and heal literally instantly with all of my passives and abilities. For CP, going 100% healing done, 11% magic damage, increased healing on crit/light penetration, and like 5% healing received does wonders for me, taking hits and instantly getting health back is very satisfying.
    Edited by datgladiatah on July 31, 2017 3:32PM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do people go leeching and baharas on a saptank? You do that whole healing yourself with damage as a NB with your skills. I dropped baharas a long time ago and went straight damage and regen.

Not updated my saptank build, more so because I've barely been playing. So just doing PvP a few hours a week. I'll focus on my saptank soon though. Siphoning changes are big, but I'll theory craft a way around it.

Off top my head, go with the Stam version of sihponing, swap kags for seducer, race change to agronian maybe. Can't see why I'd have issues taking any vet dungeon like that.
    Edited by Brrrofski on July 31, 2017 3:36PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NB tanking is different. The Ebon/alkosh thing won't work well.

Leeching Plate is a good place to build around for NB. You don't need the Tavas Bloodspawn thing either. NB build ult quick...but it doesn't give you back resource like DK so whatever there.

Basically you want one set that adds healing taken and another that adds armor and does something beneficial and whatever monster set you want to try. Maybe Swarm mother or one piece Chudan and one pirate Skeleton or lord warden.

Use 1 shieldplay enchant, maybe 2 and a Magic recovery enchant or 2 when you get comfortable. Look into Wrothgar max health/ magic recovery food.

i don't tank on my NB anymore, but it was fun and alright for dungeons and normal trials. Not sure about warden tanking, but it's far easier to tank on a DK. If your intent is to tank Vet Trials, build a DK.

NightBlade strength for tanking is the self heals so the SapTank thing works good.

Health recovery Tank worked interesting on NB. Beekeeper, Orgnums Scale, TrollKing. Maybe greenpact. You'd change food again to health recovery. Usually health recovery is negligible, but if you stack it to 5k+ it's interesting.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    NB tanking is different. The Ebon/alkosh thing won't work well.

Leeching Plate is a good place to build around for NB. You don't need the Tavas Bloodspawn thing either. NB build ult quick...but it doesn't give you back resource like DK so whatever there.

Basically you want one set that adds healing taken and another that adds armor and does something beneficial and whatever monster set you want to try. Maybe Swarm mother or one piece Chudan and one pirate Skeleton or lord warden.

Use 1 shieldplay enchant, maybe 2 and a Magic recovery enchant or 2 when you get comfortable. Look into Wrothgar max health/ magic recovery food.

i don't tank on my NB anymore, but it was fun and alright for dungeons and normal trials. Not sure about warden tanking, but it's far easier to tank on a DK. If your intent is to tank Vet Trials, build a DK.

NightBlade strength for tanking is the self heals so the SapTank thing works good.

Health recovery Tank worked interesting on NB. Beekeeper, Orgnums Scale, TrollKing. Maybe greenpact. You'd change food again to health recovery. Usually health recovery is negligible, but if you stack it to 5k+ it's interesting.

The health regen also opens the door for using equallibrium.
    Xbox One Na
  • datgladiatah
    datgladiatah
    ✭✭✭
    Because it's better + it's amplified by healing done/received/magic damage on CP. It procs all the time while use swallow soul and the set bonuses aren't bad for tanking
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because it's better + it's amplified by healing done/received/magic damage on CP. It procs all the time while use swallow soul and the set bonuses aren't bad for tanking

I did use baharas for a long time. I switched it for bloodthorn touch when 1t dropped. Meant I could drop my Stam and go more damage to help drag us through pub dungeon finder. Didn't miss it one bit in all honesty. Funnel health, sap and path give plenty of healing. Bloodthorn gives really good regen (including stak whilst blocking) and investing more into damage (2.4k spell damage, 35k magica and 32% crit) meant I was pulling decent dps.

Of course, I'd drop some damage for some sort f sustain now siphoning got butchered.

Hopefully I'll get some time soon and tweak the build for this patch. NB tanking is easilly the most fun I've had in Pve. Using a sorc tank at the moment which is also a lot of fun.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've seen another build that was high health vampire...basically everything into health then maybe Stam recovery enchants...don't remember. 2 different monster piece with health bonus 1 piece.

Main skill: invigorating drain

The heals from it are nasty when you have close to 80k health. Like 20k a tick.

Bone shield put huge damage shield on your team as well. Downside was little stamina to block, but it created interesting gameplay anyways.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got the sustain worked out etc do run bone shield etc tanked vwgt hardmode the other night and honestly it is not my first mmo tanking etc but, I feel like for the most part nb has nothing to offer tanking at least for my play style and as soon as my stam dk vets I am switching lol. Might even deletw my tankblade as I already have a mageblade and stamblade dps or do a pvp thing.
    Xbox One Na
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I run a Magicka NB PvE tank with 5 ebon armor, 5 lich, 2 willpower, 2 engine guardian/sentinel/whatever other monster set I feel like.

He has tanked all standard vet dungeons, all imperial city vet dungeons, and hel ra, sanctum, and archive trials on normal.

Haven't tried shadows of the hist dungeons or the new dungeons but that's only because I don't want to spend the money.

I'm not going to stop you from giving up but I figured I'd let you know it is still possible, it can be fun, and my teammates have not had any complaints.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run a Magicka NB PvE tank with 5 ebon armor, 5 lich, 2 willpower, 2 engine guardian/sentinel/whatever other monster set I feel like.

He has tanked all standard vet dungeons, all imperial city vet dungeons, and hel ra, sanctum, and archive trials on normal.

Haven't tried shadows of the hist dungeons or the new dungeons but that's only because I don't want to spend the money.

I'm not going to stop you from giving up but I figured I'd let you know it is still possible, it can be fun, and my teammates have not had any complaints.

Oh, I know it is possible. I just think I will literally have more fun dk tanking. I think you can give anyone that knows how to tank. It doesnt matter what class and they can complete end game content. If in the future they made it so you could combine a weapon ability with a class ability I might be more interested.
    Xbox One Na
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got the sustain worked out etc do run bone shield etc tanked vwgt hardmode the other night and honestly it is not my first mmo tanking etc but, I feel like for the most part nb has nothing to offer tanking at least for my play style and as soon as my stam dk vets I am switching lol. Might even deletw my tankblade as I already have a mageblade and stamblade dps or do a pvp thing.

This is why I've moved on. I loved, loved, loved my saptank. Most fun I've had in Pve was playing that.

But you sacrifice so much for sustain that you don't heal/add damage which is how I played it. So I do no healing, no damage, no roots, no chains. No point.

So I'm using a warden. The amount of healing I can give my group is insane. Trees, lotus blossom and polar wind give crazy healing to the group.

Death of the saptank saddens me. I've even soloed Valkyn skoria from 65% with no platforms left on it. RIP :(
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

This is why I've moved on. I loved, loved, loved my saptank. Most fun I've had in Pve was playing that.

But you sacrifice so much for sustain that you don't heal/add damage which is how I played it. So I do no healing, no damage, no roots, no chains. No point.

So I'm using a warden. The amount of healing I can give my group is insane. Trees, lotus blossom and polar wind give crazy healing to the group.

Death of the saptank saddens me. I've even soloed Valkyn skoria from 65% with no platforms left on it. RIP :(

That is just it. Plus looking at pts I do not see anything for nb tanking in the forseeable future.
    Xbox One Na
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a stam tank/dps. Was able to Solo Craglorn boss events with it. Was running Three Sisters, Orgnum scales, and Troll King, dual and s&b. I should have all my pieces in sturdy (but most are in impen). Dubious throne drink and health/stam potions. Should have all armor in stam and all points in stam as well. You could potentially go with something else besides three sisters (I wasn't using my block as often as I could have).
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...